Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

Hey,

I am new to PoE and choose your build to begin with, I like it a lot so far!

I have a question regarding Essences. I admit, I was to lazy to go through the 342 pages and see if it was asked before.

Which one is better for this build:
- Essence of Woe (+X-X% increased Spell Dmg)
- Essence of Torment (+X-X Lightning Dmg to Spells)

Thanks in advance.

Greetings,
Lupiane
Last edited by Lupiane on Oct 4, 2017, 9:11:35 AM
@Lupiane: Spell Damage is a little better than flat lightning damage to spells, however best choice would be Shrieking Essence of Spite for the +2 Level to socketed Lightning Gems, and then add spell damage or cast speed with catarina.
twitch.tv/enki91
I was wondering why you chose to take the "Staff Critical Strike Chance" and "Counterweight" passives coupled with the Controlled Destruction gem. I'm looking at my stats and with all of these arc and ball lightning are sitting at 5% critical strike chance with the staff equipped. Removing Controlled Destruction only raises it to 9.5%.

If these are indeed not necessary, should Elemental Overload also be removed?
@Antioch18x:

Counterweight is not for Arc/Ball Lightning (which it does not effect).

It is for increasing the crit chance of the lightning bolts from Orb of Storms (the damage of OoS is unimportant). If you stand in the Orb of Storms you get extra lightning bolts every time you cast a spell. The crits of these bolts are used for more reliable up time of Elemental Overload.

If you don't need Orb of Storms to apply curses (i.e. you successfully use Kitava's Thirst) the only purpose of OoS is for these crits and subsequent Elemental Overload procs - usually at boss fights.

If you don't use OoS (for whatever reason) refund the Counterweight passive (and the one next to it) as they do literally nothing for you. You could consider the Annihilation cluster instead. It'll cost an extra skill point (compared to the Counterweight path) but the crit chance applies to Arc and Ball Lightning for better Elemental Overload up time compared than without.
99% of suggested changes would make the game easier. Thats why only 1% of suggested ideas are even worth considering.
Last edited by arual on Oct 5, 2017, 6:28:03 AM
Loving this build so far.

I'm trying out https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Doryani's_Invitation(lightning version) and it seems pretty good - only downside is the lack of life, meaning my HP is quite low.

I'm at ~4k in T6 maps and it's fairly rippy if I don't play safe, particularly as I specced out of MoM to avoid the out-of-mana issues.

Mockingbird_ZzZzZZAP is the character.
I'm wondering where to go next for increased survivability - I have capped res with the current tree, gear, jewels and with an aura running 20% all res from ascendancy. I'm planning to pick up another jewel slot (have a decent 6% life / cast speed / lightning damage jewel ready to go) but then I can't see anything efficient. Is it just spec back into MoM and get my gear better? I think I'm getting close to all the upgrades being too pricey.
@MockingbirdUK: Switch the mana flask with a Basalt and Divine Life with Eternal Life flask, and try to roll all flasks properly.

Gearwise it's more or less min-maxing now, you could get a block-corrupted Lazhwar, Fingerless Silk Gloves, a ring with higher life and of course, a Leather Belt with open prefix for movespeed.

Go for MoM in tree for sure, and then work towards all jewel sockets to up that life.
You could also get a second 5L Pledge for switch, to have that extra mana up on bosses.
I guess that's one of the reasons why you ran out of mana with MoM.

Other than that looks solid, if you don't wanna buy a 6L Pledge you could just get a 6S one and casually spam all fuses from Vorici daily deal and mapping. That's how i usually get all mine done.
twitch.tv/enki91
@arual Thanks for explaining. I started paying closer attention to my buffs as I cleared maps and noticed that I do indeed have elemental overload up most of the time. It's good to know that this is coming from OoS, and I will continue to make sure I cast it.

Thanks!
Thanks for the feedback, and the guide.
Just wanted to say thanks for this guide. I've been looking at a lot of guides and this one is by far the most put together, complete, and helpful guide I've seen.
Hello. Today buy a second six-link Pledge for Ball Lightning. In the five link I have Ball Lightning, Controlled Destruction, Lightning Penetration, Slower Projectiles and Life Leech. Now what i put to the 6th socket? Concentrated Effect is not working with Ball Lightning. So Empower, Faster casting, Innervate, Added Lightning Damamge, Power Charge On Critical, OR Item Rarity/Quantity, Culling Strike?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info