Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

I tend to die once every every 3 maps (map boss, catarina quests, trying to speed through, trying to facetank, or something else).

How can you seem to facetank higher tier maps so easily? I'm still running T6 (+-1).

http://poe-profile.info/profile/chapppy
is my character.

Thanks!

EDIT: Which shaped maps do you suggest with this build?
Last edited by chapppy on Oct 2, 2017, 3:53:57 AM
"
chapppy wrote:
I tend to die once every every 3 maps (map boss, catarina quests, trying to speed through, trying to facetank, or something else).

How can you seem to facetank higher tier maps so easily? I'm still running T6 (+-1).

is my character.

Thanks!

Spec out of Ash, Frost & Storm and Storm Weaver for now, get the nodes behind MoM and all jewel sockets and get some jewels with life and atleast one DPS stat. Also drop Assassin's Haste, it's not good for endgame.

Your gear has a few low life rolls, but it's otherwise good so i guess nothing you could easily upgrade at this point. One thing you could do is buy a Lazhwar with Block implicit, and run Merciless Lab a few times to get a good enchant on your boots.

Catarina missions often have chaos DoT, switch the Eternal Mana Flask with an Atziri's Promise and you should be fine. If you got enough spare alts, i'd also recommend getting Chemist's on your Basalt Flask, or alternatively a +20 Ample roll so you have two uses either way.
twitch.tv/enki91
"
Enki91 wrote:
"
chapppy wrote:

is my character.

Thanks!

Spec out of Ash, Frost & Storm and Storm Weaver for now, get the nodes behind MoM and all jewel sockets and get some jewels with life and atleast one DPS stat. Also drop Assassin's Haste, it's not good for endgame.

Your gear has a few low life rolls, but it's otherwise good so i guess nothing you could easily upgrade at this point. One thing you could do is buy a Lazhwar with Block implicit, and run Merciless Lab a few times to get a good enchant on your boots.

Catarina missions often have chaos DoT, switch the Eternal Mana Flask with an Atziri's Promise and you should be fine. If you got enough spare alts, i'd also recommend getting Chemist's on your Basalt Flask, or alternatively a +20 Ample roll so you have two uses either way.

I dont really have any other jewels that are better. Haha.

Just checked, no Lazhwar with block available. Haha. Even turned off online only.

Well that explains why using basalt flask doesnt do much during those Catarina missions.

Thanks!
Hi,

i starting playing POE some weeks ago and so far I am not so familiar with the shortings.
So I am following your guide bcs its fun to play, but also I have 2 Problems so far.
If I use Onslaugt on my staff, i do not get with 6L over 100 mana for kitavas trigger. Is my gem level too low?

Secondly, I die often at bosses and I dont know why? Can you tell my what is missing?

Here is my char:

http://poe-profile.info/profile/tMAE222

@chapppy: It's a bit unintuitive at first, but you have to look for the desired corrupted stat explicitely as implicit, like this: http://poe.trade/search/omirukakazikat

Here's a jewel search for this build, as you can see there's solid ones for relatively cheap.
You can also add more stats like chaos res or dex if needed: http://poe.trade/search/hamakoyosutoar

Forgot to answer your shaped maps question from last comment. Basically it doesn't matter, common choices right now seem to be Primordial Pool/Dunes/Mesa, Spider Forest/Racecourse, Ashen Wood, Shore, but just choose the ones you personally like to run. None of the bosses except maybe Crypt are hard for this build.

@tMAE222: Edit: Ok char tab is public now.

Your biggest issue is that you have a completely wrong Ascedancy, and went differently on the passive tree. Bone Offering won't apply to you without Necromancer, and you also don't have any of the Staff Block nodes specced so you miss out on pretty much all block except the bit from your staff.

You also didn't spec Whispers of Doom nor do you have any +1 curse item, so only 1 curse socketed in Kitava's will work. Since Enfeeble is socketed as last one in proc order, you're left with basically no leech at all.

Gear is ok with a few exceptions. Doryani's Invitation isn't good as it's lacking life, belts with similar res and a liferoll are pretty cheap so get one.
Carcass Jack isn't bad, but a bit low resistance wise. Since you seem to run Purity of Elements to cap res, switch out chest for something that allows you to drop Purity.

Your gem setup is a bit off. CwDt + Immo Call are too high level, and you're also missing stuff like Orb of Storms + Arcane Surge and Decoy Totem. Lightning Warp isn't needed with the speed this build gets with the right setup, use Flame Dash.

Your Arc is currently not able to shock due to Ele Focus, which means you lose lots of damage. Switch that with Controlled Destruction. With Faster Casting instead of Onslaught you would currently stay above 100 mana cost, to make it work with Onslaught you would need a Lv21 Arc.

Flasks need a bit of work too, and aim for jewels with life and 1-2 dps stats, they will give you way more than the random DPS nodes you took for pretty much same investment.

tl;dr: You're currently not using this build. Switch over passive tree, ascendancy and skill gems to what is mentioned in the guide and you will see a huge improvement.
twitch.tv/enki91
Last edited by Enki91 on Oct 3, 2017, 10:31:47 AM
Thank you Enki91. I changed now the things you said, and now ran out of orbs. I make now a lot less damage, but am I on the right way? Is Orb of Storm + Arcane Surge such a hugh buff? Bcs I want to keep lightning Warp. Or does this build need the single target spell?

Greetings. Tmae
"
tMAE222 wrote:
Thank you Enki91. I changed now the things you said, and now ran out of orbs. I make now a lot less damage, but am I on the right way? Is Orb of Storm + Arcane Surge such a hugh buff? Bcs I want to keep lightning Warp. Or does this build need the single target spell?

Greetings. Tmae

Orb of Storms will assure that you have Elemental Overload up at bosses, and Arcane Surge itself is also a great damage buff and easy to keep up. Single Target spell is also needed, one thing you can do is use a second staff for the single target setup and have it in weapon swap, can get expensive though.
twitch.tv/enki91
Good guide, thanks!
Last edited by Nakazimah on Oct 3, 2017, 6:20:09 PM
Oh. Oops. I was searching using explicit. Haha.

I was looking for an 'OR' function for the site. Didnt know to click filter group. I'm gonna be poor again with all the shopping. Haha.

Thanks!
Should help loads looking for items that I need.

EDIT:

Am I being too greedy?
For Lazhwar, it has...
10~15 cast speed
30~50 max mana

I'm trying to filter >15 cast speed, >48 mana, whatever implicit block. 3ex. o.O
Even the slightly lower stat ones are 1ex...

How come you're using only 11 cast speed?
Last edited by chapppy on Oct 4, 2017, 1:04:50 AM
@Nakazimah: Thank you :)

@chapppy: That would fall under min-maxing, which will always get costly.

I'd recommend just wait until one of the 30-35c ones with 3% block are on and get that regardless of the roll, with all the cast speed this build gets chances are you wouldn't even really feel the difference between lowest and highest roll.

Once you're better off with currency, you can still go for a top rolled 4% block one if there's nothing better to upgrade with similar investment.
twitch.tv/enki91
Last edited by Enki91 on Oct 4, 2017, 5:58:43 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info