GhazzyTV - THE Spectre Summoner [LOW & HIGH BUDGET VERSIONS]

"
Irmeli wrote:
"
Ghazzy wrote:

Well, if you doas ZhangLiaoSebi mentioned earlier you can fully link them to make them properly survive but it will also require a bit of investment. Personally I can't be arsed which leads me to simply ignore having meatshields, generally you don't really need them.

I just replaced them with Vaal Summon Skeletons, lol.

Just got my first ever shaper kill with this! Thank you for this solid awesome build!

EDIT: Uber Atziri turned out to be a lot harder than I thought. Any tips on how to kill her with this build?

Hey,

Glad you like it bro!

Uber Atziri requires a LOT of knowledge & usually experience to handle.
The only question that comes to mind is:
Are you using Tukohama's Vanguards or Solar Guards for the attempts? TV's are MUCH stronger boss killers and you can switch Flesh Offering for Bone Offering vs bosses with those as Flesh Offering doesn't benefit their DPS output!

"
xFlameKnightx wrote:
Hey guys, wondering what would be some good upgrades to go for with my character:

Character: Flames_Abyss_Spectre
Lvl 83
Life/ES: 5.15k / 910
Ele Res: All overcapped (167/165/190 with purity of Elements)

Budget on upgrade: 100C

Edit: currently up to t5 maps and not running into any issues with the current setup besides the occasional death from abyss rares.
I'm thinking the rings and the amulet would be a good idea to upgrade (to get more life), but not sure about the other pieces of gear or jewels.

Hey,

Sounds good to me, besides that I would look into getting a 6L as soon as possible.
Don't forget the "/global 6666" channel for spectre sharing and try to get as high lvl spectres as possible they will stomp the content for you :)
Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
nvm
-Official Forum Dweller-
-I started the hoho movement-
-Exploit Early - Exploit Often-
-Moderators are absurd and OP-
Last edited by xPiranha on Jan 31, 2018, 12:47:03 AM
"
Ghazzy wrote:

Are you using Tukohama's Vanguards or Solar Guards for the attempts? TV's are MUCH stronger boss killers and you can switch Flesh Offering for Bone Offering vs bosses with those as Flesh Offering doesn't benefit their DPS output!

I tried it with Solar Guards and they pretty much melted. I have never used TVs yet. Does the build need changes if I use TVs? And do I use only them, no other minions?
]Ghazzy, you mentioned that you were doing a post on this, and I'm hoping Primavaea is having a look also. I'm using the Spirit Offering Curse on Damage Taken setup with a similar helm. But I'm noticing that my Spectres are dying a tonne despite me face-tanking whatever I can. I haven't managed to get many gems to do with minion health/leech since they sky-rocketed in price a while ago. I was wondering if there's anything wrong with my current setup. (Following the Primavaneha page).

Last edited by Oddalicious on Jan 31, 2018, 6:37:03 AM
"
Irmeli wrote:
"
Ghazzy wrote:

I tried it with Solar Guards and they pretty much melted. I have never used TVs yet. Does the build need changes if I use TVs? And do I use only them, no other minions?

Hey,

Other minions can be very good to use as decoys, though you'll want a high lvl Animate Guardian wielding 2x Dyadus which will increase the burning dmg by 200%!

The only thing you really need to change is the gearing of the Animate Guardian and some sockets for the TV as they are using Scorching Ray via a totem. (Elemental DMG / Minion dmg, as spell dmg doesn't seem to scale these minions).

"
Oddalicious wrote:
]Ghazzy, you mentioned that you were doing a post on this, and I'm hoping Primavaea is having a look also. I'm using the Spirit Offering Curse on Damage Taken setup with a similar helm. But I'm noticing that my Spectres are dying a tonne despite me face-tanking whatever I can. I haven't managed to get many gems to do with minion health/leech since they sky-rocketed in price a while ago. I was wondering if there's anything wrong with my current setup. (Following the Primavaneha page).

Hey,

I decided that after all the tests I did that Prims testing confirmed it to only work in the Abyss league. Though a full block version using a rare shield rolled with recover 5% ES when you block was a substitute but wasn't as reliable unless you invested tons of currency.

What lvl are your spectres? (not the gem)
Do you have Soul Weaver ascendancy? Also, your Desecrate gem is VERY low unless you're using a high lvl one when you summon them.
The suggestion to use Purity of Fire "to prevent Spectres from killing themselves" is outdated now that Elemental Reflect on single rare mobs is gone (and you're not running reflect maps anyway).
"
Ghazzy wrote:
"
Irmeli wrote:
"
Ghazzy wrote:

Hey,

Other minions can be very good to use as decoys, though you'll want a high lvl Animate Guardian wielding 2x Dyadus which will increase the burning dmg by 200%!

The only thing you really need to change is the gearing of the Animate Guardian and some sockets for the TV as they are using Scorching Ray via a totem. (Elemental DMG / Minion dmg, as spell dmg doesn't seem to scale these minions).

"
Oddalicious wrote:

Hey,

I decided that after all the tests I did that Prims testing confirmed it to only work in the Abyss league. Though a full block version using a rare shield rolled with recover 5% ES when you block was a substitute but wasn't as reliable unless you invested tons of currency.

What lvl are your spectres? (not the gem)
Do you have Soul Weaver ascendancy? Also, your Desecrate gem is VERY low unless you're using a high lvl one when you summon them.

Oh wow, you aren't kidding about that desecrate. It'd have been that level for quite a while, so I think I might have toggled it to ignore levelling. (I'll check during my break). That would definitely explain weakness on my Spectres... I just skimmed over it assuming it'd be 19 like everything else.

I am running Soul Weaver and am hunting down a 30+/30+ Life/ES gem with Minion Leech just in case.

I'll see how replacing this gem with a higher level one fixed it up (presumably a lot). And I'll be swapping back to this guide's SG summoner when this league ends :)

Edit: Found a lvl19 Desecrate, been using it all night. Game's a breeze now. Thanks for being the eyes that saw past my idiocy :P
Last edited by Oddalicious on Feb 2, 2018, 11:25:48 AM
"
Derptime wrote:
The suggestion to use Purity of Fire "to prevent Spectres from killing themselves" is outdated now that Elemental Reflect on single rare mobs is gone (and you're not running reflect maps anyway).

Both yes & no, you can actually run lower tier maps with Ele reflect thanks to that :)
But yes, you're correct (mostly!)

--------------

@Oddalicious:

No worries bro, it's a very common misstake! :)
One of the first things I look at with your specific question actually :D
With the news that Abyss mechanics (and jewels) are staying, Prima's build looks like it'll live on, but it's largely impossible for early league as you won't have the enabling jewels until late-game. I'm looking forward to seeing what the health build can do next league :D
Just thought I would post my "Lazy" Spectre build. It's my first ever Spectre build but Ghazzy's guide on Youtube and this very well written guide helped me a tonne!

Char: InSpectreBoobs
Lvl: 93
Life/ES: 4147/5936

I decided to go really ham on the mana reduction nodes. Meaning Aura wise I run:

Offensively:

Generosity - Anger

Defensively

Blasphemy - Enfeeble & Temp Chains (with skittering runes & whispers of Doom curse effectiveness)
Discipline
Clarity LvL 1

Hence the "lazy" playstyle. Not too much hits you with the temp chains and what does hits fairly weakly with enfeeble. Nice mapper if you just want to click boxes and largely ignore what is on the screen! Vaal Discipline with Inc Dur helps against any nasty abyss packs you encounter. I also tend to pop my oh - s^*t flasks of Kiara's, Rumi's and Basalt and just run away if things look a little sketchy!

Downsides are that I don't have room for a CoH setup so other than EE no way to lower mobs fire res. This could be added in if I was to drop the CWDT + IC and get a +1 curse ammy. I've not really found the need for it but then I didn't really get to t15+ maps too often anyway! Also not using necro aegis so again a loss of damage there. I just preferred the tankiness of having my shield.

Build was stupidly cheap - I really don't think I paid over 20c for anything and quite a lot was 1c. I linked the chest myself so that cost quite a lot of fusings.

Very happy with it. Not min-maxed at all since all my ccy ended up in a Wander. I am still fairly new to the game and so ccy is always in very short supply for me!

Thanks again to Ghazzy for the excellent guide!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info