Concerns from a lab lover

"
Ceri wrote:
Assuming the Lab is a level 75 zone (previously datamined lab enchants were ilvl 75) it would make sense if the trials were to be found up to and including T7 maps. It would be nice with some actual intel on this though, I agree.

As for the enchanting system, it seems to continue the trend set by Talisman league. Multiple layers of RNG leading to random results; for all intents and purposes an endless grind with almost no hope. No thanks. Bonus points for the Atziri reference.

I will do the Lab once to get my points, that's about it. A complete waste of developer effort and supporter money, as far as I'm concerned.

The enchant system is fine the way it is. It isn't supposed to function as another method of crafting your GG gear. In fact helm enchants are supposed to act as a form of random unique item creation. Possibly even items that enable previously unviable build ideas.

For example you may be playing an Earthquake build but receive an Arc has +20% chance to shock. You now have the option of selling this helm, crying tears over your bad luck, or maybe finding a way to incorporate arc into your eq build in order to increase your damage. The choice is yours.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
issue 1 "They all occur in lower maps"

poe.trade

"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
issue 2 "the hat grind"

poe.trade

Casually casual.

I hope, trials with occur in any maps above certain tier. Otherwise, indeed, it will lead to same issues as introduction of Atziri and corrupted areas... You have to grind absolutely non-challenging faceroll content to see endgame content.

And since new lab will be "endgame" one, i hope it will be worth farming. Sure, due to number of helm enchants, you wont probably ever get the one you want, but you can sell those you get, and buy the one you need.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
So all that time of doing tier 3-7 maps will pay off. lol
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Why would not even one consider to do maps 1-7 to just farm labyrinth fragments with a dedicated character - we do have a nice "-1" level now option, and there are specific maps that do give useful divination cards - and if needed you can always switch character at the cost of losing a portal (for the overleveled character that still hasn't completed the trials)?

We could do that with a MF and sell the surplus fragments on the market, I think it would be nice to have that option, with the condition to meet the trials area often enough...

Of course that I would like to have an easier option, but I think this will not be deal breaking.

If we get 6 tries to complete the "end game" labyrinth, at least some of the complaints regarding the dc/one shots are mitigated although the RNG for the helmets still stays appalling (1/364 chances to get lucky at the end of a difficult labyrinth run is certainly a no go, if you don't make a dedicated labyrinth runner to do runs <7 mins).

I'll wait for the update with fingers crossed, we still might be pleasantly surprised by GGG...

PSS: Our almighty TencentGGG overlords are very scrupulous regarding criticizing their abilities to take proper decisions and consider everything "needlessly harsh and condescending"...

Good to know "free speech" doesn't apply in any form or manner on the forums these days...
"
sofocle10000 wrote:
Why would not even one consider to do maps 1-7 to just farm labyrinth fragments with a dedicated character - we do have a nice "-1" level now option

And why you would like to use -1 option for farming low level maps? :O

Farming low level maps is so mind dumbing that even TX rifts speed farm is full of fun comparing to this, at least you get some exp and breaths.

Anticipation slowly dissipates...
Double post
PSS: Our almighty TencentGGG overlords are very scrupulous regarding criticizing their abilities to take proper decisions and consider everything "needlessly harsh and condescending"...

Good to know "free speech" doesn't apply in any form or manner on the forums these days...
Last edited by sofocle10000 on May 25, 2016, 2:35:24 AM
"
SIQI wrote:
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
.....I grind to unhealthy and inhuman levels, and I am telling you that helment grind is so ridiculously punishing .....

lol, 190+ lab runs here. still haven't found bloody earthquake duration.

Fun level: 1/10

if Izaro had memory after death, like the MC in Re:zero or something, he'd be like omfg not dis mofo again.

P.S.
and I am one of the fastest lab runners in the server, save for the slow loading time cuz im on HDD & old computer; I can totally imagine the pain it'd be to farm with a slow(er) character.

My best time was about 4:22, nothing too crazy given there was people hitting 3:15 that same day, but its fast enough, front page time on the daily ladder.

I wasnt even going for 1 bis enchant on 1 item. I was using rats nest and vertex, knowing that I have at least 3 or 4 characters in standard who use those hats and hoping to hit anything remotely useful for any of them on the items. So theres like 30+ enchants I could have hit on them and I didnt hit a single one, ever.

the point isnt that I need to have all the exact 1 single bis enchants on every hat I use. But this is supposed to be my incentive to play the lab and what it does instead is make me hate it, that is how hopeless it is, it feels insultingly pointless. Its so far fetched that it actually puts me off playing it at all, I run lab twice, remember what the helm enchant grind is like and this goes though my head

"f**k this f**king stupid game, f**k anyone involved in this f**king thing, f**k sake what a waste of time"

and in an instant I calm myself and tell myself all the things you guys are saying, thats its not intended I get any exact enchant blah blah. Doesnt matter, that is what my heart screams every time I run that lab and that means... I dont run lab, I do not run the content because what is supposed to be the incentive is actually rage inducing because its so pointless, ridiculous and time consuming. the people in my guild who run the lab, its been an endless salt fest from everyone, happy people turning into swearing, raging, pissed off people very soon after starting to run the lab for enchants. People turning around and saying fuck this entire game Im done and turning off PoE in a huff, andf theyre just going for the challenge enchants, they simply have to get ANY curse or totem mod, nothing even specific and that alone is driving them insane.

As for trade, I cant trade for my enchants. On rats nest and vertex yes maybe, on chars who use rare hats, no, I have my hats, my hats cannot be bought, they do not exist other than the 1 that I own. Heres the thing, I can buy some of them and not run the lab... Ok, so whos running the bloody lab then if Im what seems like a minority of people who actually enjoy it? Its ok that even the few who truly like the content dont play it because the incentive is actually a deterrent? No, its not ok.

I dont buy maps, I dont buy midnights, I do not buy access to content, its that simple. That is an offensive concept to me that I have to trade for my access to game content. Fuck trade, thats how I feel about trade when it comes to my access to play the game.

I bring up problems with content, answer is trade for the lab runs, no wait dont even run the lab trade for the items and dont engage with content at all. No, not good enough.

Sry if Im sharp this morning, but its 7:20am, Ive not slept well and Im grumpy bear head man atm, my brain doesnt have the filters running to make everything sound charming. but these are real issues for me and I dont accept "just ignore content and trade instead" as a response to my feedback on how I feel about engaging with content. If GGG want to make engaging content that people feel excited to play then they need to hear why their content is failing to live up to that.
"
sofocle10000 wrote:
"
tmaciak wrote:
"
sofocle10000 wrote:
Why would not even one consider to do maps 1-7 to just farm labyrinth fragments with a dedicated character - we do have a nice "-1" level now option

And why you would like to use -1 option for farming low level maps? :O

Farming low level maps is so mind dumbing that even TX rifts speed farm is full of fun comparing to this, at least you get some exp and breaths.

Well to not overlevel as some were complaining regarding the XP - on that char you don't actually need to get "end game" - and just view the tier 1-7 as end game (I know it's silly, but some just don't feel right to not make XP farming with a 90 lvl MF tier 1 maps)? If you could just farm up to T7 efficiently (heck I even dropped a Shav in a Pier once) so you could get currency/finds/div cards and those lab fragments I don't think it would be that awful from a casual player point of view, and the pro's could always buy the fragments...

wasn't it maps T7 to T11 from the podcast?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info