Burned Miscreation Spectres and others

I still hope for popular spectres to be nerfed, at least when revived. Its just bad design that people can go to a place and summon their fav summons and then go and play the game instead of summoning whats around in the current area. Its what makes a summoner interesting, using every monster thats around not just some favs.
Flame sentinels should really be linked with fire pen + faster projectiles + faster cast(all quality). With such a set up they seem to out preform BM as they rapid fire fireballs before a BM would approach the victim(not to mention also having unrighteous up and running). Clear speed seems much faster with sentinels except in spots where mob density is extreme(which is fairly rare).
In addition flame sentinels seem to survive much better than any other specter, but ill admit non-sentinel specters rarely die.

For years i searched for deep truths. A thousand revelations. At the very edge...the ability to think itself dissolves away.Thinking in human language is the problem. Any separation from 'the whole truth' is incomplete.My incomplete concepts may add to your 'whole truth', accept it or think about it
"
I still hope for popular spectres to be nerfed, at least when revived. Its just bad design that people can go to a place and summon their fav summons and then go and play the game instead of summoning whats around in the current area. Its what makes a summoner interesting, using every monster thats around not just some favs.

Man, it's not the first time that I see some of your posts that are made without any thought about the problem at all.

How would your proposition work support-gem wise ? You are in a area with bm, you need to have burning dmg + aoe. You change area, you need faster cast + gmp because it contains other mobs. You enter a map, you must take all your gem without you because you don't know preciselly which monster type will spawn ?
And each time, you must use 40 chrom to get the socket right ? Or maybe you want all summoners to be compeled to enter every maps with tabula rasa equipped ?
And this without even mentioning the fact that summoners would need to level 10 specific support gems instead of 3 before being viable...

Your proposition is totally impossible. And moreover it goes against the core design of the game which is about choosing the right support-gems for your build.
Chris: "Path of Exile’s economy is the most important element of the game to us".
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/55102
Too bad they don't see how good the ARPG element of their game is...
Last edited by SibaSt on Feb 12, 2014, 5:54:03 AM
"

I still hope for popular skills to be nerfed. It's just bad design that people can go to a place and spam infernal blow and then use it for the whole game instead of using a different skill in each area. It's what makes a build interesting, using every skill that's around and not just some favs.

See?

Back on the topic: i used to use BM, but i switched to evangelists a week ago and it seems... better. Maybe it's the fact that i also switched from ci to lorica+prism guardian, so now i can support hatred (which buffs preachers but not BM) and i need more defense.
"
SaiyanZ wrote:
Devourers any good?

Devourers are good IF they're fighting. The problem is: once they 'spawn' from the ground, they don't move unless you move/order them to move far away... and as such, they will rarely fight.
"
Gulnar13 wrote:
"
SaiyanZ wrote:
Devourers any good?

Devourers are good IF they're fighting. The problem is: once they 'spawn' from the ground, they don't move unless you move/order them to move far away... and as such, they will rarely fight.

This

Devourers will spend 90% of their time out of combat.
Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do.
Benjamin Franklin
"
Gulnar13 wrote:
Back on the topic: i used to use BM, but i switched to evangelists a week ago and it seems... better. Maybe it's the fact that i also switched from ci to lorica+prism guardian, so now i can support hatred (which buffs preachers but not BM) and i need more defense.

I found two Evangelist + 1 BM works best for me.
Benjamin Franklin
the reason why people get two+ bms is two fold:

1 the retarded bm ai has trouble casting its ability sometimes , ive waited as long as 10 minutes for the ai to cast it.
having two + bms increases the chance of procing the spell

2 the aoe is really really small so every extra bm is 100% increased aoe.

viewing it that way i tend to do two bms paired with concentrated effect.
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Feb 12, 2014, 8:39:07 AM
"
Artanthos wrote:
"
Gulnar13 wrote:

I found two Evangelist + 1 BM works best for me.

I would too, but if i'd run midnight bargain/bones of ullr i'd have not enough es to actually survive. I decided that the bm was the weakest of the three (since the even lvl 58 evangelists raised by a low level desacrate can survive in maps, while sometimes lvl 68 BM dies...)
"
Gulnar13 wrote:

I would too, but if i'd run midnight bargain/bones of ullr i'd have not enough es to actually survive. I decided that the bm was the weakest of the three (since the even lvl 58 evangelists raised by a low level desacrate can survive in maps, while sometimes lvl 68 BM dies...)

I focused on block instead of AC/ES and went with Bones of Ullr for the extra Specter.

Yes, if anything is going to die, it will be the BM. Their relative inability to leech makes them vulnerable. BM's are the sole reason I did not drop Vitality post 1.0.6
Benjamin Franklin
Last edited by Artanthos on Feb 12, 2014, 10:32:19 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info