[3.4] LL Classic Summoner - Shaper/Elder/Guardian Farmer

Just recently started using this build and i'm loving it. Do you guys think this is still viable after the upcoming ES changes ? I'm assuming we can spec into a few more ES nodes and still be fine.
"
Extrema wrote:
Just recently started using this build and i'm loving it. Do you guys think this is still viable after the upcoming ES changes ? I'm assuming we can spec into a few more ES nodes and still be fine.

will make a post here about this tomorrow. but to give a short answer: i think this build will be fine, yes. actually i think most es builds that did not rely on leech will be fine.

EDIT: Added a section about the 3.0 changes at the bottom of the guide.
Last edited by xxWolf on May 21, 2017, 9:46:06 PM
Undying Incinerators spawn on Core Map (Tier 15) and I believe Cannibal Fire eaters do too.
Last edited by Shurisan on May 24, 2017, 10:48:03 AM
Hello there fellow summoners!

Since first week of the league i was playing AutoSummon Animate Weapon build. It was cool mapper, but not guardians/shaper farmer. And around 3 weeks ago switched to this classic summoner, which i last played as 1,5 years ago. Many things have changed since then, but now i'm once again in love with summoners. Beside PoE - Grim Dawn, Diablo 2, Titan Quest - all content in these games was steamrolled with my minions, so i've got a summoner's blood ^^

That's for the beginning, but i'm here to say a few words about this build, and want to share my thoughts with you:

1] Like always: thanks for sharing your idea and actively maintaining this thread.

2] It's not my intention to invest heavily in builds this league, so i'm mostly using cheap gear, and as a result, i can in some way prove that this build can be budget-friendly.

3] I'd like to show you some kind of underestimated defence mechanics, which i'm currently using:
--> BLOCK: with 22% block chance on shield, 20lvl Bone offering and 18/10 Rumi's Concotion i hit: 75%/47% block/spell block. It's huge. Adding only one "Reckless Defence" jewel gives us 75%/62% block/spell block. Enough for only one of the many of our layers of defence.
--> EVASION: i'm using "The Vertex", and this one item provides me with 15% base eva chance, after hitting Jade Flask, got 36%. So 1 of 3 attacks should miss. And we are not getting hit constantly.

4] Leveling: this is sth which is well connected with the eva part above:
--> Until you get Shavs you can either go LL with "Solaris Lorica" or Corruscating Elixir. And i'm opting for the second - 2 those flasks and cheap 5/6 Carnal Armor (6L after a 2 weeks costs under 60c) with self crafted >400/400 EVA/ES is enough for farming red maps, although little hazardous if you're not familiar with managing your flasks.

My gear:
Spoiler

Tu sum up: very decent build, allows for some MF, can be quite budget at the start of the league and scales well with the upcoming currency stacks. For those courious: I've got only 6,3k ES atm, and can efficiently farm guards/shaper ^^

Cheers!
What enchants do you recommend?
"
Shurisan wrote:

Gloves: of Reflection - Summons your copy to distract monsters more
Boots: Regen when hit/ Ele penetration - I've got pen, but i'm not 100% sure if it works
Helm:
1)If you have sockets for next aura, then Reduced Anger mana reservation by 15% or any other reservation ecnchant, but the one with anger frees up the most mana.
2)Inc spectre damage
3)Inc buff from your golem, whichever you use
4)Convocation cooldown reduced

Those, in my opinion, are the most usefull enchants.
"
Scaal wrote:
"
Shurisan wrote:

Boots: Regen when hit/ Ele penetration - I've got pen, but i'm not 100% sure if it works
Helm:
1)If you have sockets for next aura, then Reduced Anger mana reservation by 15% or any other reservation ecnchant, but the one with anger frees up the most mana.
2)Inc spectre damage

I agree on the glove enchant, either the clone enchant or the "of the Grave" enchant, that spawns skulls similar to srs.

for boots ele pen does not work, if something does not say "minion" it will not apply to minions. most useful boot enchant is "increased movement speed if not hit recently" imo.

best helmet enchant by far is "increased Convocation cooldown recovery speed", the build does not lack damage and 40% for spectres is not much, especially since it is just additive (increased, not more). convocation enchant is much better for clearspeed.
reduced mana reserve is not necessary, there are no other auras that would be useful for us that we do not already use. Hatred? spectres deal no physical damage. vitality? pretty lackluster. wrath? spectres deal no lightning damage. grace? would not hurt i guess but even with anger enchant their is not enough mana for it. if you have a spare socket you can just put in a lvl 1 clarity to trigger the commander of darkness ascendancy an additional time, no reduced mana reserved enchant needed for that.

the build works perfectly fine without any enchants, i did not use any this league because i did not run any labs exept for the ones for the ascendancy points. but if you hit a golem buff effect, spectre damage, flesh offering effect or somthing like this, i´d just keep it.
"
Scaal wrote:
Hello there fellow summoners!

Since first week of the league i was playing AutoSummon Animate Weapon build. It was cool mapper, but not guardians/shaper farmer. And around 3 weeks ago switched to this classic summoner, which i last played as 1,5 years ago. Many things have changed since then, but now i'm once again in love with summoners. Beside PoE - Grim Dawn, Diablo 2, Titan Quest - all content in these games was steamrolled with my minions, so i've got a summoner's blood ^^

That's for the beginning, but i'm here to say a few words about this build, and want to share my thoughts with you:

1] Like always: thanks for sharing your idea and actively maintaining this thread.

2] It's not my intention to invest heavily in builds this league, so i'm mostly using cheap gear, and as a result, i can in some way prove that this build can be budget-friendly.

3] I'd like to show you some kind of underestimated defence mechanics, which i'm currently using:
--> BLOCK: with 22% block chance on shield, 20lvl Bone offering and 18/10 Rumi's Concotion i hit: 75%/47% block/spell block. It's huge. Adding only one "Reckless Defence" jewel gives us 75%/62% block/spell block. Enough for only one of the many of our layers of defence.
--> EVASION: i'm using "The Vertex", and this one item provides me with 15% base eva chance, after hitting Jade Flask, got 36%. So 1 of 3 attacks should miss. And we are not getting hit constantly.

4] Leveling: this is sth which is well connected with the eva part above:
--> Until you get Shavs you can either go LL with "Solaris Lorica" or Corruscating Elixir. And i'm opting for the second - 2 those flasks and cheap 5/6 Carnal Armor (6L after a 2 weeks costs under 60c) with self crafted >400/400 EVA/ES is enough for farming red maps, although little hazardous if you're not familiar with managing your flasks.

My gear:
Spoiler

Tu sum up: very decent build, allows for some MF, can be quite budget at the start of the league and scales well with the upcoming currency stacks. For those courious: I've got only 6,3k ES atm, and can efficiently farm guards/shaper ^^

Cheers!

Thanks for your feedback and i am glad you like the build! :)

the reason why i do not mention the block chance/evasion rating we have very often (or at all) is, that i really hate unreliable defense. unreliable damage can be annoying, but can be fine if it is high enough on average (everyone who tried using zombies as primary dps source probably knows what i´m talking about), but unreliable defense? in my opinion defense has to work when i need it. i also use bone offering for guardians and shaper, because it makes the minions much more durable on average, which is fine for them, because even if the block fails multiple times once every 100 shaper runs and a spectre dies, that is not a big deal, but for my character dying every 100 maps because of rng is really annoying. if i die to twinned core malachai with turbo/inc aoe/crit/vulnerability - my bad, should not have run that map. but if i die to a blue pack because i relied on my block chance and it did not work? that would piss me off.

on paper it is a very good defense, i just do not like chances when we are talking about defense, but that is ofc just my opinion.
thank you so much for the build I am looking forward to seeing your 3.0 version :)
"
xxWolf wrote:
"
Scaal wrote:
"
Shurisan wrote:

Helm:
2)Inc spectre damage

I agree on the glove enchant, either the clone enchant or the "of the Grave" enchant, that spawns skulls similar to srs.

for boots ele pen does not work, if something does not say "minion" it will not apply to minions. most useful boot enchant is "increased movement speed if not hit recently" imo.

best helmet enchant by far is "increased Convocation cooldown recovery speed", the build does not lack damage and 40% for spectres is not much, especially since it is just additive (increased, not more). convocation enchant is much better for clearspeed.
reduced mana reserve is not necessary, there are no other auras that would be useful for us that we do not already use. Hatred? spectres deal no physical damage. vitality? pretty lackluster. wrath? spectres deal no lightning damage. grace? would not hurt i guess but even with anger enchant their is not enough mana for it. if you have a spare socket you can just put in a lvl 1 clarity to trigger the commander of darkness ascendancy an additional time, no reduced mana reserved enchant needed for that.

the build works perfectly fine without any enchants, i did not use any this league because i did not run any labs exept for the ones for the ascendancy points. but if you hit a golem buff effect, spectre damage, flesh offering effect or somthing like this, i´d just keep it.

I do agree with you with helmet enchant, convocation cooldown is the boss, although '150% inc golem buff' is also very good. I wasn't pointing out the best, just mentioning those which are kind of useful for this build.
About boots: 1stly - totally forgot about MS enchant! It's really good, very useful, but about penetration: it is confirmed to work with totems[and there is no word 'totem' in this enchant], so why not with minions? We should investigate it further, cause this one matter should be clear. If i'm correct, then our spectres gain 10% ele pen, which is kind of multiplier and then this enchant will be quite good.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info