[3.4] LL Classic Summoner - Shaper/Elder/Guardian Farmer

"
xxWolf wrote:
"
milkingcows wrote:
Update: I tried to do Chayula's breach, but it went shit right at the start and failed the timer miseribly

MY ADVICE:
DON'T use ZOMBIES

They will most likely block the path for your Spectre's when passing the small bridges.

Also, i've replaced "Conqueror's Efficiency Crimson Jewel" with Minon damage/ES
I don't see the need of this jewel at all, it's a tiny buff compared to MD/ES.

i did not do many chayula breaches yet (none in harbinger so far) as it takes a lot fo time to collect 100 splinters. however when i did chayula breach previously i used fire-eaters and had not much of a problem, just make sure to kill the rare mobs, convocate your minions into their face for that. did not try it without zombies, so i can not tell if that makes it easier.

if you do not run conquerer´s efficiency you can not run your aura setup and still cast desecrate/ball lightning/offering, you actually can not run your full setup at all, because you linked arctic armour to increased duration which increases it´s mana cost. :/

You'll have to explain to me later on when I'm home. I can use all my auras.
"
Some things I want to "add":

Why don't you use Zealot's Oath? It works together with the ES Recharge and helps against some small annoying DOT.

Since Basalt Flask is nerfed, I use a Rumi's now. It gives me more phys.-mitigation + the block

And on a personal note, I don't like ball lightning... I use Arc instead. With arc it feels like I don't have to "aim" that much. BUT on any ledlge-like map Ball Lightning should be used hence the longer range.

How much ES do you have after the nerf now ? With a 1-legacy shavs and decent gear I have a bit more than 6k. Which feels very squishy atm.

With my auras on I have around 7900 ES. I could probably push it slightly higher but trust me, it is more than enough.
"
milkingcows wrote:

you can not use arctic armour + the 6 auras (3 purities, anger, discipline, haste) at the same time with your current setup, because you linked arctic armour to increased duration, which makes it cost more mana. i imported you current character to Path of Building and you would sit at -46 mana with everything active. if you remove the increased duration gem you are at 18 unreserved mana, which is not enough, if you additionally put in conquerer´s efficiency you are at 54 mana, which is fine.
"
xxWolf wrote:
"
milkingcows wrote:

you can not use arctic armour + the 6 auras (3 purities, anger, discipline, haste) at the same time with your current setup, because you linked arctic armour to increased duration, which makes it cost more mana. i imported you current character to Path of Building and you would sit at -46 mana with everything active. if you remove the increased duration gem you are at 18 unreserved mana, which is not enough, if you additionally put in conquerer´s efficiency you are at 54 mana, which is fine.

Weird cause I am quite sure I couldn't get all my auras even with that gem, that's why I also removed it.

But still I rather use MD/ES on bosses depending on what type of damage they do and maybe full aura when in group for maps etc.
Didn't you mention that I don't actually need lightning resistance since my body armor takes care of lightning damage?
Last edited by milkingcows on Aug 21, 2017, 4:05:07 AM
"
milkingcows wrote:
"
xxWolf wrote:
"
milkingcows wrote:

Weird cause I am quite sure I couldn't get all my auras even with that gem, that's why I also removed it.

But still I rather use MD/ES on bosses depending on what type of damage they do and maybe full aura when in group for maps etc.
Didn't you mention that I don't actually need lightning resistance since my body armor takes care of lightning damage?

you apparently missed half of my answer, the reason you can not run the full setup is because you linked increased duration to arctic armour, that gives it a mana multiplier, so don´t do that!!!

and yes, you do not need lightning res on your rare pieces when you got a shav´s, you are at 82% (130%) lightning resist with your current gear and auras up.
Hi Before congratulating him for the guide I like it a lot. I have a doubt, which gem should I choose: Flesh Offering or Bone Offering.
  In his profile has bone and the guide says flesh, I have the 2 20/20.

Pd: sorry for my bad english.
"
flasdaon wrote:
Hi Before congratulating him for the guide I like it a lot. I have a doubt, which gem should I choose: Flesh Offering or Bone Offering.
  In his profile has bone and the guide says flesh, I have the 2 20/20.

Pd: sorry for my bad english.

I use flesh offering most of the time, it greatly increases your clearspeed. against hard bosses like shaper or guardians i switch to bone offering, because it makes sure my spectres never die against those enemies.
The desecrate trick in maps seem really inconsistent right now, also sometime the map only spawn cannibal and no fire-eater. I also try solar guard but I still prefer fire eater for proximity shield and vaal totem. Is there any new spectres I miss in 3.0 ?
Looking for friend to play with.
Im lonely :((

IGN: hello7op
Frost Sentinels
Sandworn Slaves (cyclone spark tornadoes)
Wicker man (RF)

There may be a few more decent ones out there but I had not done too much testing.

Solar Guard is definitely the strongest for pure map clearing. I feel like I can go much faster with them then frost/flame sentinels because their lasers snipes packs before I ever get there most of the time.
Necronomicon: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1617098
Build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/409940
Summoner Dischord: https://discord.gg/XwWdSUa
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/zhoukon
Last edited by mattc3303 on Aug 21, 2017, 7:22:03 AM
Wolf...would it be worth it to take those three nodes - forgot the name - that offer increased chance to block spells. Im on my phone in a train and connection is bad and slow or i would check. But i think its 11 + % spell block chance and if combined with bone offering that sounds pretty good or not.

Is it worth it to take that over the three increased skill effect duration nodes. Those are nice but in boss fights you cannot spam vaal discipline anyway. Often times you can only use it once in a while until boss spawns more monsters. So in boss fights like 1 sec more vaal discipline over consistent 11 % increased spell block chance...is that worth it? That spell block chance looks good or am i missing something.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info