[3.4] LL Classic Summoner - Shaper/Elder/Guardian Farmer

Wolf, Do you now use spell echo with fire eaters. Was it different in 2.6?

The following incident shows me how great this build is. I started Uber lab and my flame sentinel died in one of the complex traps (by the way, what could be the reason?) after the first encounter with Izaro. I desecrated for a few minutes, but only found some skeletons with bows and a type of Defiler. I raised four skeleton rangers, and continued, without expecting to be able to complete the lab. Before the second Izaro encounter, I was able to access my stash and replaced elemental focus with physical to lighting level 1. I did not want to recolor Shav for green support gems. Amazingly I was able to complete the lab. The 10 zombies definitely helped. I have slightly less than 6k ES in Harbinger.

Great build!
"
onomastikon wrote:
Thank you for writing this excellent guide. This is my first day back and I am looking forward to doing a Summoner again, this time spectres. ;) Can I ask two questions please?

1. How do you cast spells and summon stuff with all of your auras on? Don't you have all of your mana but about 5-10 reserved? (Looking at PoB, it suggests that you have 8 mana left...)

2. How do you manage to get all those fabulously expensive items after only 1 month? Good lord.

Thanks much!

You need to place a Conquerer´s Efficiency Jewel somewhere in your tree, it grants 2% reduced mana reserved, pushing our mana pool to ~40 unreserved mana, which is enough to cast desecrate, offerings and ball lightning (and also zombies and the golem if you put them in a The Vertex). leaving ball lightning at lvl 1 also helps.

honestly my gear was not that expensive, i was able to afford the shav´s at day 2 of the league for ~2 exalteds and all the other items apart from presence of chayula and the corrupted midnight bargain cost me 1-10C. ES is really cheap atm. presence is not required to get the build running, so i just farmed some T14+ maps until i sold enough opal/steel rings to afford it. the midnight bargain cost me about 20C + 30 vaals, i just bought a bunch for 1C and vaaled them, then paid a friend with vorici 8 to link it once i hit ele weakness. i definitely play more than the average person, but all of my gear besides presence of chayula should be affordable for any player in a reasonable amount of time.
"
haze0 wrote:
Wolf, Do you now use spell echo with fire eaters. Was it different in 2.6?

The following incident shows me how great this build is. I started Uber lab and my flame sentinel died in one of the complex traps (by the way, what could be the reason?) after the first encounter with Izaro. I desecrated for a few minutes, but only found some skeletons with bows and a type of Defiler. I raised four skeleton rangers, and continued, without expecting to be able to complete the lab. Before the second Izaro encounter, I was able to access my stash and replaced elemental focus with physical to lighting level 1. I did not want to recolor Shav for green support gems. Amazingly I was able to complete the lab. The 10 zombies definitely helped. I have slightly less than 6k ES in Harbinger.

Great build!

i guess your sentinel died to one of the bleed pillars, it is one of the few things that can actually kill our spectres. minions have a 90% damage reduction to all damage from traps, exept that one. the bleed kills anything if it hits 2-3 times. not sure if that is an oversight from GGG or if it´s intended, but if you watch out for these things and keep them dead before they hit your minions too often you should be fine.

the reason why i previously did not use spell echo with fire-eaters is that they already repeat their spell 8 times, so with spell echo they would just repeat it 9 times - which is correct. however what i initially forgot was the crazy cast speed multiplier spell echo provides, it´s an even bigger damage increase than controlled destruction. the reason for me changing the setup is not a change since 2.6, it´s just that i realized i made a mistake when initially calculating the damage (without path of building).
"
xxWolf wrote:
"
onomastikon wrote:
Thank you for writing this excellent guide. This is my first day back and I am looking forward to doing a Summoner again, this time spectres. ;) Can I ask two questions please?

1. How do you cast spells and summon stuff with all of your auras on? Don't you have all of your mana but about 5-10 reserved? (Looking at PoB, it suggests that you have 8 mana left...)

2. How do you manage to get all those fabulously expensive items after only 1 month? Good lord.

Thanks much!

You need to place a Conquerer´s Efficiency Jewel somewhere in your tree, it grants 2% reduced mana reserved, pushing our mana pool to ~40 unreserved mana, which is enough to cast desecrate, offerings and ball lightning (and also zombies and the golem if you put them in a The Vertex). leaving ball lightning at lvl 1 also helps.

honestly my gear was not that expensive, i was able to afford the shav´s at day 2 of the league for ~2 exalteds and all the other items apart from presence of chayula and the corrupted midnight bargain cost me 1-10C. ES is really cheap atm. presence is not required to get the build running, so i just farmed some T14+ maps until i sold enough opal/steel rings to afford it. the midnight bargain cost me about 20C + 30 vaals, i just bought a bunch for 1C and vaaled them, then paid a friend with vorici 8 to link it once i hit ele weakness. i definitely play more than the average person, but all of my gear besides presence of chayula should be affordable for any player in a reasonable amount of time.

Thanks for quick and understandable and good reply.
Yikes on the gap in skill between you and me: I can't get any exalted after 1 week of playing, let alone 2 by day two. Gratz to you!
Underrated stats: Basic human decency, small quantum of respect, microportion of compassion
Ty for guide m8.

Atm. I'm testing out some of the mobs you've listed. Goatmen fireraisers isn't spawning in the climb anymore. Do you have any idea where I can find them - And do you have any other mobs that you could recommend to test out as spectres? - Perhaps something that is a bit more balanced between clearing and single target dps.

edit: Also is there any t16 place where you can get undying incerators?
Last edited by bazzzzzzz on Aug 25, 2017, 11:41:39 AM
Hello, I've saved up around 7 exalts just to play this build, but I am a bit worried about leveling. Are there any leveling progression skill trees or list of what notables you should go for in what order? I am still a noob, so advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much!
Just thought i would post this , maybe it was covered before but i dunno. I was having problems raising cannibal fire eaters. I read what the OP had posted about raising them in shore maps but the problem was they never were there for me when i would desecrate. Then i realized everytime i went into a shore map i brought along my flame sentinels so i thought maybe i should go in with nothing. And voila thats when i was finally able to raise cannibal fire eaters. Used them for the first time today to do uber lab and holy shit thier single target damage is absolutely insane. Izaro had a few seconds to move and then went into dying formation. Awesome. Wouldnt recommend them for map clearing though.
"
onomastikon wrote:

Yikes on the gap in skill between you and me: I can't get any exalted after 1 week of playing, let alone 2 by day two. Gratz to you!

You probably already have more than 1 exalt on You. 1 Ex in this league is ~40c. You can get 10c for about 170 alts, another 10c for 40 alcs, another 10c for ~90 jewellers and the final 10c for ~22 fuses. And You probably still have a buttload of chisels, chance orbs, chrome orbs, regrets amd scourings...

You don't need actual Ex drops. You map, throw identified rings/amulets/belts into a premium quad stash tab with buyout 5c (if You don't have one... well, it's gonna be tougher then), check boots and belts manually (belts 'cause they're rather rare, boots 'cause You really only need to look for the %MS mod, if it doesn't have one it's not gonna be worth much), sell everything else for alts and alc shards. If You get 10+ trade offers right after You put something into the sell stash tab, look at it again to see if it isn't worth MUCH more (20c+). If it's not (say it's a 10c ring instead of a 5c ring), don't even bother repricing, just sell it. You'll steadily build up Your bankroll in alts, alchs, jewellers and fuses, while at the same time occasionally selling a piece of jewelry for 5c. You can easily make 100c in a full day or two of playing like that.
"
Fawkse wrote:
"
onomastikon wrote:

You probably already have more than 1 exalt on You. 1 Ex in this league is ~40c. You can get 10c for about 170 alts, another 10c for 40 alcs, another 10c for ~90 jewellers and the final 10c for ~22 fuses. And You probably still have a buttload of chisels, chance orbs, chrome orbs, regrets amd scourings...

You don't need actual Ex drops. You map, throw identified rings/amulets/belts into a premium quad stash tab with buyout 5c (if You don't have one... well, it's gonna be tougher then), check boots and belts manually (belts 'cause they're rather rare, boots 'cause You really only need to look for the %MS mod, if it doesn't have one it's not gonna be worth much), sell everything else for alts and alc shards. If You get 10+ trade offers right after You put something into the sell stash tab, look at it again to see if it isn't worth MUCH more (20c+). If it's not (say it's a 10c ring instead of a 5c ring), don't even bother repricing, just sell it. You'll steadily build up Your bankroll in alts, alchs, jewellers and fuses, while at the same time occasionally selling a piece of jewelry for 5c. You can easily make 100c in a full day or two of playing like that.

Hey thanks for that. Don't want to hijack this thread too much, still just want to give kudos. I can't map after 2 days, I'm still fighting my way through content. I'm just not as good as you guys. Maybe it's a bit like that Monty Python sketch:
Spoiler

How to play the flute in 2 easy lessons: 1. Blow into the mouthpiece, 2. move your fingers over the keys...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNfGyIW7aHM

Maybe it's also that I like to "play" and probably would not enjoy being so effective as much (aside from the enjoyment that would surely come from getting rich), because that would be stress...?
But anyway thanks for the tips.
Underrated stats: Basic human decency, small quantum of respect, microportion of compassion
Why do you use faster proj or pierce over controlled destruction? I can only see it being beneficial for clearspeed with fire eaters, since flame sentinels already have plenty of range.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info