[3.4] LL Classic Summoner - Shaper/Elder/Guardian Farmer

"
strdude605 wrote:
Hello, I've saved up around 7 exalts just to play this build, but I am a bit worried about leveling. Are there any leveling progression skill trees or list of what notables you should go for in what order? I am still a noob, so advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much!

Spoiler
"
xxWolf wrote:
"
Sa6oV0lta wrote:
Hi, this build looks really cool and i think it will be my next build for this league but im not that experienced in the game so can you please tell me how to level up?

I will add a more detailed leveling section in the future, but for now here is the most important things:

- Do not level with spectres, that would be a very frustrating experience

- zombies are weak until you get some minion life regeneration

- use Summon Raging Spirit as leveling skill, you can use it from level 4 onwards, it will carry you until the point where you can go full spectres (around level 70). i recommend getting a 3linked Reverberation Rod, put Summon Raging Spirit - Minion Damage - Melee Splash in it (you can use the wand from level 24 i think, until then you can place SRS and whatever supports are available at the time in a life sprig or just in whatever links are free. you can switch in multistrike for melee splash against bosses. you can also go with a tabula rasa if you have one, put SRS - Minion Damage - Melee Splash - Spell Echo - Melee Physical Damage - Minion Speed in there, again replacing melee splash with Multistrike for bosses. Tabula makes leveling easier, but Reverberation Rod also makes leveling easy.

- while leveling best is to go life based, meaning while travelling to your minion nodes you should pick up any life nodes you travel by, also try to find some gear with life rolls while leveling (resists also do never hurt)

- do not be afraid to pick up some +30 strength or dexterity nodes in the skill tree if you need more of those stats to wear gear/level gems, you can respec them later, just like the life nodes

- if you already have a high level character (which i assume since you got 20 challanges so far) you can buy the gems the build requires from the vendor next to the waypoint in act 10 town and start leveling them with your summoner, once he can. for that purpose it is a good idea to put some 3 socket weapons in your 2nd weapon set (if you press X you swap weapon sets), you will not use those weapons, but the gems in them gain experience!

- for auras while leveling i recommend using purity of elements, it makes your life much easier. Hatred greatly increases your raging spirit´s and zombie´s damage, however if you run both you will want to use an elreon ring to negate your SRS´ mana cost, you can buy one with -8 to mana cost of skills for 1C on poetrade. if you do not want to use elreon + hatred you can use clarity instead.

- Bones of Ullr got a low level rquirement, you can use those from level 22, 4linking them is not a waste of fusings, since you will keep using them in the late game, making them a good place to put a 4link zombie setup in. Raise Zombie - Minion Damage - Minion Life - Melee Physical Damage is what i usually go with for leveling.

- with your first 2 ascendancy nodes pick up Commander of Darkness, it grants very good damage and those 20% all resist are really nice while leveling (and necessary when starting maps)

- once you got your merciless ascendancy points (pick up Flesh Binder and Soul Weaver) and are about lvl 70 you can do the respec. spec out of life nodes, replace your life gear with the energy shield/low life gear (replace Shavronne´s with Solaris Lorica if you can not afford it yet) and get your aura setup running (do not forget to put in one Conquerer´s Efficiency Jewel somewhere at the tree!). if this is your first energy shield character it will feel very weird in the beginning, since you can not rely on life pots and do not have a large ES pool yet. stay behind your minions and play defensively until you got used to it (and maybe some gear upgrades).

- on the solaris lorica try to get a 4link with the colours Blue, Blue, Red, Green. Link Raise Spectre - Minion Damage - Fire Penetration - Greater Multiple Projectiles in it. For (harder) bosses switch in slower projectiles for GMP. you hit those colours on the solaris lorica on average every 29 chromes. the setup is very squishy at this point without crystal belt, shav´s and presence of chayula, but also very cheap and - if played safely - able to farm up to red maps until you can get gear upgrades. last league i farmed T13 Scriptorium maps with it for the Shavronne´s wrappings, that is not necessary any more, since shav´s got much cheaper. (energy shield is dead, you know? i´ll tell you something: shaper didn´t notice.)

you do not necessarily have to do everything i mentioned, you can level without any of the uniques, you can level with energy shield gear and just dont pick up life and you could level as a completely different build (firestorm for example), but the things i described make the leveling process much more enjoyable (for me at least) and safe. i know that a lot of people do not like to do respecs, but i really recommend just picking up those life nodes, as ES is really weak while leveling and you get a lot of respec points just by doing the quests. and even if you had to spend a few regrets later ("few" means about 5, not 50.), that would be worth it, considering you needed 4 less hours for leveling and had 20 deaths less.

Spoiler
Holy Crap i just realized i wrote a book
"
on3da wrote:
Okay guys and girls.

I wanne give some feedback to those that read this guide and think about trying it out.

For those of you like me that are casual players and dont have much currerncy:

Its worth it to save cash until you can get a Presence of Chayula.

I had saved enough and then I hesitated cause I have a marauder build with wild strike which is supidly fun and also give him some expensive piece of equipment. Atziri's disfavor.

So I couldnt decide where to spend the money.

But then I decided to buff my beloved summoner.

Its amazing once you have that amulet.

Theres literally nothing that can put u into that stupid ston.

Whenever I run too fast and land half in a group of badass monsters in High level Maps then I popp my anti freeze/freeze immunity flask and then combined with chayula you cant be stopped. If like me so far you have leveled a summoner or prolly any other char then you know how stupidly bad this stun mechanic is. It will get you killed.

No more.

With chayula and anti freeze you cannot be stopped by anything. Maybe by something like bear trap but do mobs even use it? So far and in the last 1,5 days Ive tested it extensively.

ANd theres really nothing that will stop you. Stun, freeze or keep you from escaping.

So my overall conclusion: Chayula alone will provide insane defensive strength as you can always simply run away if you also use anti freeze flsk.

I got the chayula for 4 Exalts. Most trades are 5+ exahlts but youll see some for 4 too. Saw one for 3,5 a few days ago. Dont bother with the seller fickluuumommmyyy or something like that was his name.

He wont sell and wont answer you either. Its always listed as for 4 exalts but I tried to buy it 3 days long and offered to trade like 6 times.

But theres other offers too.

Wait for it to sell for 4 exalts. If you dont see it for that price just wait.

If you buy it for 4 exalts and then later decide you dont wanne play your summoner atm and wanne invest that money into something else you can easily sell it back or even make a profit and sell it for 4,5 or 5.

But running around without being stopped at all no matter if boss or elite mob or whatever.....thats pretty awesome.

WIth Chayula I finally breached 8 k es too.

My gloves are bad with only 137 es though. I could change them to get some more es. Im also only lvl 90 so i could push more into es. But ill prolly go into longer skill duration as wolf did cause vaal discipline is op as hell and will save your ass more often than you can count.

What I do in dangerous situations (tip for beginners): I first popp the anti freeze and freeze immunity flask, then I hit vaal discipline.

That way nothing can stop you or prevet you from using vaal discipline and youll be running all the while as well as you cannot be stopped.

So in my opinion the Chayula alone is prolly the most important item of the build. And to a lesser extend Shavs too.

you are correct, Chayula amulet is one of the most important items of the build, however you do not have to have a presence to make it work, an Eye of chayula works just fine already, i prefer it over any rare amulet and always use it until i can afford a presence. presence of course gives a nice boost to ES and chaos res, however the really important part is the stun immunity (as you pointed out), so you do not have to save up for presence to make the build work.
"
ponyfan wrote:
There are only 5/6 sockets used in the Gem Setup. But there are 20 sockets in total. Where do the other go?

What about the zombies? Where does the Raise Zombie gem go in the regular setup?

I just finished Act I and don't know how to set up my gems according to this build.

their is an other section called "other gem setups" (or smth similar) just below the section about the spectre setup. ;)

however you will not be able to fit in the complete setup while leveling, just fit the stuff in where you can.
"
Rivx wrote:
Wouldn't Culling Strike wand be about as good as ele weakness?

Also, still not convinced on controlled destruction vs pierce/faster proj.

Can this build do Chayula breach? What spectres should I use? Don't want to blow all the chaos just to find out that it's not possible :|

culling strike is also a nice corruption, but not as good as ele weakness.

controlled destruction vs pierce/faster proj is covered in previous post.

this build can do chayula breach, i used cannibal-fire eaters with multi-target setup for that. make sure you take down the rares and keep up flesh offering. a good example why not to use controlled destruction btw, without faster prjectiles (and gmp ofc) it will be hard to clear the breach in time.

something that makes a lot more problems is Uul-Netol breach, i do not recommend doing that with any non-srs summoner build. there are a lot of walls in the rooms and the minions just ignore the monsters behind them. i was able to complete an uul-netol, but at times there were like 2-3 seconds left, so better use a different build for that.
Okay shaper was actually a joke, died once because I had no quicksilvers left for a slam, otherwise you barely take any damage so its definitely possible on a very small budget (since further investment only boosts defenses for this build, after a 6 link).

Atziri on the other hand didn't go well at all. Lost like 3 or 4 portals on the trio because spectres kept dying and failed to focus the right targets. On Atziri I got to the second split, and my spectres just ran off and died somewhere while I was busy dodging all the aoe (I made sure to convocate far away from the mirror, but maybe they didn't get the memo). Guess I'm not used to doing this boss on a build that doesn't one-shot every phase, and/or her HP was buffed too much :(
Great guide, still leveling but all guardians down so far, first shaper this league soon.

How much DPS you have on cannibals vs Shaper? You mentiond something close to 2M but I guess its not vs shaper?
Last edited by Krz3mien on Aug 27, 2017, 8:32:26 AM
"
Krz3mien wrote:
Great guide, still leveling but all guardians down so far, first shaper this league soon.

How much DPS you have on cannibals vs Shaper? You mentiond something close to 2M but I guess its not vs shaper?

I get 200K per spectre according to POB (vs Shaper, with Enfeeble), not sure if I'm missing anything. Goes up to 250K with maxed out gems. It's still really fast.
Last edited by Rivx on Aug 27, 2017, 5:44:26 PM
how to search for cannibals? I open the map from the list, I use the desecrate for 5 minutes and I do not find any
which pantheons i should use 90% time?
Last edited by lordgold on Aug 27, 2017, 11:18:23 AM
I'm level 87 right now and forgot to buy the midnight bargain with elemental weakness. How important is for the build? Can't find one :/
Last edited by xaloju on Aug 27, 2017, 6:28:41 PM
I'm looking for ways to optimize the build, if I skip the flask nodes and grab Void Barrier on the right instead, I will only need one unset ring with ~35 strength and one resist roll, so I can use Pariah and Auxium, which would put me at 8K ES by level 92. It also lets me use bisco's leash for mapping (you can do that with the regular build since bisco's has strength on it, but then you will lose minions/auras every time you switch belts, which is a major PITA).

Btw where do you get the list of maps for summoning/upgrading spectres? I'd like to make a more organized/complete one, but if it's manual work then that would be too difficult. For instance, I like using flame sentinels for mapping, but you didn't list any T16 areas where they can spawn. I guess you don't use them for guardians so you didn't feel the need to include those, but it would still be nice for completeness (i.e I just ran a chimera in party so I didn't bother switching spectres, and then found out that I can upgrade sentinels there).
Last edited by Rivx on Aug 27, 2017, 3:33:55 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info