[3.4] LL Classic Summoner - Shaper/Elder/Guardian Farmer

"
strdude605 wrote:
Hello, I've saved up around 7 exalts just to play this build, but I am a bit worried about leveling. Are there any leveling progression skill trees or list of what notables you should go for in what order? I am still a noob, so advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much!

You can pretty much follow the tree, maybe get some life nodes along the way since you won't have a large ES buffer, and chaos damage is a thing. Don't bother with aura nodes until endgame. Your biggest concern early on will be lack of survivability for minions, so get necro aegis early on, and use springleaf+shaper's seed. With those two and potentially skullhead your zombies should almost never die. Spectres are kind of a liability in A4-A5 since flame sentinels get outscaled quickly, but by the end of A5 you get access to Kitava's Heralds which are pretty amazing all the way until A8. You're probably going to use SRS a lot until you get A8 flame sentinels, btw. Obviously get Ullr and Bargain as soon as your level allows for it, possibly Vis Mortis as well.

edit: Oh and get some jewels with +% to minion resistances ASAP, really important for keeping them alive. I'd also run purity of elements for a while, both for your own and your minions' resistances, and get Commander of Darkness first (delay spectre ascendancy until merc lab).
Last edited by Rivx on Aug 26, 2017, 10:57:25 AM
"
Rivx wrote:
"
strdude605 wrote:
Hello, I've saved up around 7 exalts just to play this build, but I am a bit worried about leveling. Are there any leveling progression skill trees or list of what notables you should go for in what order? I am still a noob, so advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much!

You can pretty much follow the tree, maybe get some life nodes along the way since you won't have a large ES buffer, and chaos damage is a thing. Don't bother with aura nodes until endgame. Your biggest concern early on will be lack of survivability for minions, so get necro aegis early on, and use springleaf+shaper's seed. With those two and potentially skullhead your zombies should almost never die. Spectres are kind of a liability in A4-A5 since flame sentinels get outscaled quickly, but by the end of A5 you get access to Kitava's Heralds which are pretty amazing all the way until A8. You're probably going to use SRS a lot until you get A8 flame sentinels, btw. Obviously get Ullr and Bargain as soon as your level allows for it, possibly Vis Mortis as well.

Thank you so much!
Dumb question, but when you say T16 spectres, is there a difference between levels for say if I got a flame sentinel on a T12 map vs a flame sentinel on a T13 map? One more level to go on my desecrate before I get to lvl19 !
"
BDMao wrote:
Dumb question, but when you say T16 spectres, is there a difference between levels for say if I got a flame sentinel on a T12 map vs a flame sentinel on a T13 map? One more level to go on my desecrate before I get to lvl19 !

Yes, about 5% more damage and life per level. Desecrate 18 only works up to level 75, which is T8 maps. I actually forgot that I stopped leveling my desecrate and played with level 16 (mlvl 63) until yesterday :|
Last edited by Rivx on Aug 26, 2017, 10:53:12 AM
Okay guys and girls.

I wanne give some feedback to those that read this guide and think about trying it out.

For those of you like me that are casual players and dont have much currerncy:

Its worth it to save cash until you can get a Presence of Chayula.

I had saved enough and then I hesitated cause I have a marauder build with wild strike which is supidly fun and also give him some expensive piece of equipment. Atziri's disfavor.

So I couldnt decide where to spend the money.

But then I decided to buff my beloved summoner.

Its amazing once you have that amulet.

Theres literally nothing that can put u into that stupid ston.

Whenever I run too fast and land half in a group of badass monsters in High level Maps then I popp my anti freeze/freeze immunity flask and then combined with chayula you cant be stopped. If like me so far you have leveled a summoner or prolly any other char then you know how stupidly bad this stun mechanic is. It will get you killed.

No more.

With chayula and anti freeze you cannot be stopped by anything. Maybe by something like bear trap but do mobs even use it? So far and in the last 1,5 days Ive tested it extensively.

ANd theres really nothing that will stop you. Stun, freeze or keep you from escaping.

So my overall conclusion: Chayula alone will provide insane defensive strength as you can always simply run away if you also use anti freeze flsk.

I got the chayula for 4 Exalts. Most trades are 5+ exahlts but youll see some for 4 too. Saw one for 3,5 a few days ago. Dont bother with the seller fickluuumommmyyy or something like that was his name.

He wont sell and wont answer you either. Its always listed as for 4 exalts but I tried to buy it 3 days long and offered to trade like 6 times.

But theres other offers too.

Wait for it to sell for 4 exalts. If you dont see it for that price just wait.

If you buy it for 4 exalts and then later decide you dont wanne play your summoner atm and wanne invest that money into something else you can easily sell it back or even make a profit and sell it for 4,5 or 5.

But running around without being stopped at all no matter if boss or elite mob or whatever.....thats pretty awesome.

WIth Chayula I finally breached 8 k es too.

My gloves are bad with only 137 es though. I could change them to get some more es. Im also only lvl 90 so i could push more into es. But ill prolly go into longer skill duration as wolf did cause vaal discipline is op as hell and will save your ass more often than you can count.

What I do in dangerous situations (tip for beginners): I first popp the anti freeze and freeze immunity flask, then I hit vaal discipline.

That way nothing can stop you or prevet you from using vaal discipline and youll be running all the while as well as you cannot be stopped.

So in my opinion the Chayula alone is prolly the most important item of the build. And to a lesser extend Shavs too.

There are only 5/6 sockets used in the Gem Setup. But there are 20 sockets in total. Where do the other go?

What about the zombies? Where does the Raise Zombie gem go in the regular setup?

I just finished Act I and don't know how to set up my gems according to this build.
IGN: Bloodtusk
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/70376 Finding Names for your Characters - a list by Alysma
Last edited by ponyfan on Aug 26, 2017, 3:16:15 PM
Right now in harbinger the Presence of Chayula worth 470c, 1ex=37c aprox. It will be a while until actually get one.

You can find the zombies in the "other gems setup" helmet with minion life+chaos golem+empowerlvl3/fortify support.
Wouldn't Culling Strike wand be about as good as ele weakness?

Also, still not convinced on controlled destruction vs pierce/faster proj.

Can this build do Chayula breach? What spectres should I use? Don't want to blow all the chaos just to find out that it's not possible :|
Last edited by Rivx on Aug 26, 2017, 4:00:37 PM
"
bazzzzzzz wrote:
Ty for guide m8.

Atm. I'm testing out some of the mobs you've listed. Goatmen fireraisers isn't spawning in the climb anymore. Do you have any idea where I can find them - And do you have any other mobs that you could recommend to test out as spectres? - Perhaps something that is a bit more balanced between clearing and single target dps.

edit: Also is there any t16 place where you can get undying incerators?

im testing solar guards atm, i will add them to the guide in the future. they use the same setup as the other spectres, got about as good clear as flame sentinels and better single target. you can find them in solaris concourse and some maps you can get them in after are: Waterways, High Gardens, Maze, Scriptorium, Racecourse.
"
Rivx wrote:
Why do you use faster proj or pierce over controlled destruction? I can only see it being beneficial for clearspeed with fire eaters, since flame sentinels already have plenty of range.

controlled destruction would be a bigger increase in single target damage, but you would have to recolour your shav´s every single time you swap from multi-target to single target setup - which is not possible without loosing spectres. you can of course run a 5blue 1green setup and replace faster proj/pierce with controlled destruction, however you clearspeed will suffer a lot and if there is anything the build has more than enough of already it is single target damage. killing the guardian 2 seconds faster does not sound that appealing to me if it means i need twice as long for the rest of the map because of the setup.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info