[3.4] LL Classic Summoner - Shaper/Elder/Guardian Farmer

I think for general mapping the frost sentinels are better than flame, clear speed / damage is pretty much identical (Using a previous SRS shav 4B1G1R) as far as I can tell but , it is much easier to see whats happening (and avoid traps / mines) and they seem to reliably chill tougher rares. They are just a bit more work to get high level.

Ice bite for +added flat cold damage, + cold damage per charge + frenzy charges generation could be the best green support with GMP for mapping. On Flame Sentinel on POB +3 frenzy charges in itself gives slightly more DPS than the slower projectile support gem + the ~15% higher cast rate it may feel better than faster proj. If my guesstimate and http://poedb.tw/us/mon.php?n=Frost+Sentinel is correct the added flat cold damage could be another ~10% more boost of their damage (though I am not sure about the scaling so would not count on it).

I think swapping to ice bite + Hypothermia could also be great for bosses or tougher maps. Hypothermia giving a 40% more damage + 10% chance to freeze chilled enemies could perma-freeze tougher mods given the rate sentinels fire and chill lasting 2secs.

Last edited by Memnoch_the_Devil on Sep 22, 2017, 9:35:33 AM
Currently building this and just had quick question regarding my 7/8th Ascension points.

Is it worth it going for Mistress/Beacon/Spirit Eater or am I better off taking the extra minion damage for those 2 points?

Thank you
"
vandalyst wrote:
Currently building this and just had quick question regarding my 7/8th Ascension points.

Is it worth it going for Mistress/Beacon/Spirit Eater or am I better off taking the extra minion damage for those 2 points?

Thank you

Mistress of Sacrifice as the 4th ascendency node is a real QoL improvement:
- you run/cast faster with Flesh Offering (nice for mapping)
- you have higher block chance (for attacks AND spells) with Bone Offering (nice for survivability on bosses)
- longer duration on said offerings + your 2 curses

Your minions do enough damage already.
Last edited by Gregoriensten on Sep 23, 2017, 12:49:11 AM
gratz for the great build. I have a lv 94 summoner in standard but I have so much fun with this one. I reach level 94 aswell and take Guardians easy down (only minotaur with that electric barrer killed me one time) and shaper was easy aswell. I will try in the future uber atziri cuz today I bought a corrupted bargain with elemental weakness and I want try it with my new weapon.

my items:

and as I said it, today i bought for 50 chaos this beauty

have fun, summoners.

36 alchs + 4 chroms +4 vaals :p
What gems should I use instead of curse on hit/enfeeble in Hexproof maps?
FYI. In guide you have conqueror's efficiency listed as act 2 merciless quest reward, but it is now an Act 8 quest reward with 3.0
Just killed the Shaper at Lv 79.

My Gear:

Thanks a lot for this Epic Build. I hope we can talk sometimes when the expansion come out to create a new build :)
Last edited by Alerie91 on Sep 24, 2017, 2:58:15 PM
Noob question here. Guide recommends getting certain enemies on certain maps so they are highest possible tier, but desecrate summons corpses based on the level of the gem.

So my question is, say a level 17 gem summons level 71 corpses, but I go to act 8 and the zone is level 58. Do the flame sentinels I summon with desecrate go to level 71 of gem or cap out at the zone level of 58?
"
vandalyst wrote:

So my question is, say a level 17 gem summons level 71 corpses, but I go to act 8 and the zone is level 58. Do the flame sentinels I summon with desecrate go to level 71 of gem or cap out at the zone level of 58?

To make it simple: corpses spawned by desecrate = minimum (area level, desecrate maximum corspe level)

In your example, they will be lvl 58 (area level is the lowest of the two, at 58).

That's why if you want your spectres to be level 71, you then need to go in a map with an area level 71 to spawn them with desecrate and summon them (in this case both area level and desecrate corpse level are the same).

Hope it made it clearer !
Last edited by Gregoriensten on Sep 27, 2017, 2:27:45 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info