[3.4] LL Classic Summoner - Shaper/Elder/Guardian Farmer

"
Gregoriensten wrote:
"
vandalyst wrote:

So my question is, say a level 17 gem summons level 71 corpses, but I go to act 8 and the zone is level 58. Do the flame sentinels I summon with desecrate go to level 71 of gem or cap out at the zone level of 58?

To make it simple: corpses spawned by desecrate = minimum (area level, desecrate maximum corspe level)

In your example, they will be lvl 58 (area level is the lowest of the two, at 58).

That's why if you want your spectres to be level 71, you then need to go in a map with an area level 71 to spawn them with desecrate and summon them (in this case both area level and desecrate corpse level are the same).

Hope it made it clearer !

Yup answers my question perfectly. Read somewhere I can manipulate desecration corpse pool by bringing in specters not native to map. Might try that , get a 58 spectre and bring it into 71 map and try to desecrate 4 specters in map
Last edited by vandalyst on Sep 27, 2017, 3:39:13 AM
"
vandalyst wrote:

Yup answers my question perfectly. Read somewhere I can manipulate desecration corpse pool by bringing in specters not native to map. Might try that , get a 58 spectre and bring it into 71 map and try to desecrate 4 specters in map

That's the whole point of getting "low" level spectres to "upgrade" them in maps. You might want to read again the initial guide, there's a whole detailed section on the topic. You can't get any spectres in any map, there are some limitations.

Also, in case it wasnt already linked around here, here is a ressource concerning spectres that can be useful:

https://github.com/Mattc33/Necronomicon/blob/master/UndeadLibrary.md
"
Gregoriensten wrote:
"
vandalyst wrote:

That's the whole point of getting "low" level spectres to "upgrade" them in maps. You might want to read again the initial guide, there's a whole detailed section on the topic. You can't get any spectres in any map, there are some limitations.

Also, in case it wasnt already linked around here, here is a ressource concerning spectres that can be useful:

https://github.com/Mattc33/Necronomicon/blob/master/UndeadLibrary.md

I ran across that link googling info on spectres. Thank you.
"
Najrah wrote:
What gems should I use instead of curse on hit/enfeeble in Hexproof maps?

I do no think it is worth swapping gems in hexproof maps, just be aware of the fact that you can not enfeeble stuff, so if you play hardcore play more carefully.

using ball lightning is still recommended, as elemental equilibrium also applies on hexproof enemies.
"
emanoel357 wrote:
Hi everyone, this my first post so excuse any mistakes done here.
I just wanted to show off my items and tell how was my experience with this build so far.
Sitting at 6.9k ES without spirit offering, with her it goes to 7.8k Es
My items:

And as you can see these items cost me more than 1000C+ at the actual price of them ;(
About T14-15-16:
I've done pretty much every map i can roll with 150+ quantity, 7+ mods and bonus from atlas, all pretty much deathless(besides some few punctures) feels very nice been able to do this rips maps.

About uber lab:
I've tried probably one time(i got some experience from other characters) and died from trap ;(

Shaper/Guardians:
So far ive only killed The one from hydra map, rip on the first try, but after that pretty solid.
Others guardians and shaper im gonna go after level up(just for safety), but i belive its gonna be much more about positioning them actual damage overall.

Stats:
All resistances above or at 81%
Physical Reduction goes to 78%(if im not mistaken) with these two flasks on:

With right offerings you pretty much a walking tank for a short while, just make sure to have all the time some offering on
Overall its a very very solid build, fun and quite simple (for the things we use) to play.
Sorry for the size of the reply and my english(from brazil) :)

always happy to read long replies, as some people might have noticed when reading my guide - i´m a friend of walls of texts. :D

i just want to quickly mention one thing about your flask suggestion:
the granite flask grants armour, armour however does not grant the % damage reduction the tooltip promises, it has a very weird scaling, which makes it less effective the bigger the hit is that it is supposed to mitigate - making it useless in situations where you need it the most. unless you are stacking rediculous amounts of armour best way to get phys mitigation is avoiding armour and focusing on other things like basalt flask, endurance charges, etc.
"
Provin915 wrote:
"
geehoney wrote:
Hey I'm looking for some input

Do you guys think its better to buy out all of The Lich in attempt to get a level 10 elemental weakness midnight bargain or should I cough up 200+ chaos for it

Is the RNG chance to get that implicit that bad?

Buy The Lich divination cards, they are really cheap. I got one with elemental weakness on my third turn in.

When you corrupt a wand there are 4 possible outcomes:

- Nothing happens.
- One or more sockets change to white colour.
- Item turns into a rare with 8 mods.
- Item gets a corrupted implicit.

According to the wiki there are 11 possible corrupted implicits for wands, one of them being the elemental weakness one. Assuming the chance of getting a corrupted implicit is 25% and the chance of getting the ele weakness corruption is 1 out of 11 the chance of hitting the ele weakness corruption with a vaal orb is about 2.27%. which means you will have to corrupt 44 midnight bargains on average to get your desired implicit. if 44 midnight bargains + 44 vaal orbs are cheaper than the item with the implicit already on it (and you want to spend the time buying uncorrupted midnight´s) i´d go for that instead of spending multiple hundred chaos.

the "the lich" card basically eliminates the "Item turns into a rare with 8 mods" possibillity, resulting in a slightly higher chance (~3%) to get the desired corrupted mod. however buying 12 cards for a single shot can be very time consuming and is usually not worth it in my opinion.
Last edited by xxWolf on Oct 3, 2017, 11:33:29 PM
"
Kholaridah wrote:
Hey there , I'm curious about something.

As long as I've shit tones of resistance and I'm not having problems with stats what do you think about
this belt

a perfectly rolled bated breath will grant you about 100 more energy shield than a decently rolled crystal belt (77 ES implicit, 42 ES explicit). however besides the attribiutes (and resists) you can also get things like reduced flask charges used or increased flask effect duration on the rare crystal belt - and you can craft up to 5% increased movement speed on it, which i would value above 100 flat ES. if you already got your attributes and resists together and are looking for a budget belt, bated breath is definitely a good option. in the long run however i would aim for a good crystal belt - in case you do not need any strength or resists on it, you can even craft it using essences of spite, which grants a guaranteed intelligence roll (int can not usually roll on belts), so you have the chance on a crystal belt with a flat ES roll, flask stuff and an int roll (which grants more ES). bated breath of course still grants the increased recharge modifier, however we already have ~130% of that from passive tree and discipline, so i would value flask stuff above that.
Last edited by xxWolf on Oct 4, 2017, 1:38:31 AM
"
Is there a reason you not running Zealot's oath once you have Shav's? Possibly changing to stone golem instead of chaos for extra ES regen. I am trying it and it seems to work ok so far

Like the build, thank you for it

i usually value mitigation over regeneration. i can see the quality of life in the regeneration - especially when dealing with things like desecrated ground - however the really dangerous things that can actually kill you are the heavy hitters, which you want to survive in the first place. when i get hit for 6k phys damage i want that chaos golem to mitigate an other 300 damage, so i do not get killed by some follow up damage before i can cast vaal discipline. of course there will be situations were some regen would be nice, but in critical situations mitigation is superior, especially since vaal discipline does not need help to replenish our ES.

i also should mention i really like that 1% life regeneration, it allows me to weapon swap to check the gems i lvl in off weapons without having to use a life potion in order to recast my auras. ;)
Last edited by xxWolf on Oct 4, 2017, 1:36:27 AM

(you can check my jewel on poe profile, i dont know how link them because they are equipped)

I have 7350 Shield, all res cap and 51 % chaos res.
(need last jewel at 94 to get a little more fire res to max my res when i'm cursed with elemental weakness)
All content done, missing only Uber Atziri, i cant drop last fragment (hope) :V

Edit:

Yesterday , did 3 Shaper Run + 12 Guardian Run with Wicker Man/Tukohama.

At the end i did this change:

-Removed Increase Duration from Gloves
-Moved Summon Chaos Golem in Gloves
-Added Animate Guardian on Helm
-Replaced Flesh Offering with Bone Offering (I dont think attack/cast speed work on Totem summoned from your minion because they are minion of your minion :D and I saw that it is not even necessary)

Before I tried to replace Empower with Animate Guardian but Zombie, Golem and Animated Guardian was too much weak. I killed all guardian without problem, but the Shaper melt all my Zombie, Golem and the Animate Guardian. So I decided to replace Increase Duration from Gloves with Summon Chaos Golem because it is easy and fast summon it again.

Animated Guardian Equip:
-Dyadus
-Dyadus
-Leer Cast
-Southbound
-Rainbowstride (25% chance to Block Spell)
-Zahndethus' Cassock (Nice combination with Rainbowstride & Bone Offering)

With Solar Guard and Cannibal Fire Eater, Wicker Man, Tukohama, my Zombie was almost all dead after Phoenix/Minotaur/Shaper fight. Now with the Consacrated Ground from Zahndethus' Cassock, they dont die anymore versus the Guardian. The Consacrated Ground help very a lot your other minion to stay alive and let the Guardian self to stay alive without problem. In the last two run of Shaper, I lost only 5 zombie every time but the other minion was always full life without problem.

Lets talk of Pros & Cons:

Cons:
-Chaos Golem More Weak & Less 1% Physical Reduction.
-Bone Offering Less Duration.
-Vaal Discipline Less Duration.

Pros:
-Animate Guardian
-150% Damage for Wicker Man & Tukohama on Boss (You melt them very fast).
-15% Damage Always Up.
-More Survivability for All Pet from Bone Offering & Consacrated Ground.
-More Survivability for You from Bone Offering.
-More Clear Speed with Wicker Man ( I prefer Solar Guard because Beam and Ranged Attack, but with Wicker Man you can just run and all mob behind you die from AOE).

So at the end you need just to cast a little more often Bone Offering

What do you think ?

Ps: I used this gem on chest for Wicker Man & Tukohama

Last edited by Alerie91 on Oct 5, 2017, 6:11:34 AM

Just wanted to say that the build is and feels amazing.Did whole content with it, even grandmasters. Shaper is a joke, i wont even comment about guardians. Uber atziri is kinda easy , i am even boosting the runs. Amazing build overall . I did some adjustments min maxing like +1 on boots ,22 anger, all auras +23 and go on. I know the damage is crazy and more than enough for solo play but when it comes for group play you need more. You always need more right? I will probably try spectre damage on helmet setup, i dont see any improvements , you can always propose me anything you feel like. We are all hyped about the logout persistent spectres right? Cheers.
(Spectres used : Cannibal fire-eaters)
Last edited by GeodeM on Oct 9, 2017, 5:47:52 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info