[3.14] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, ✔️All Bosses Down, ✔️Necro, ✔️Elementalist

"
thsscapii wrote:
"
jivenjune wrote:

I tried checking on legacy Elreon rings in PoeTrade, but I didn't see anything aside from the standard mana reduction ones. Does the legacy one do something different I'm not seeing?

The rings in question are those shown here:
http://poe.trade/search/igoriadoramkih

It's the Crafted "% increased maximum Energy Shield" Elreon provides through the Blessing Font (not his signature mod ones he sells). 3.0 changed it to only be craftable on to Amulets.

Ohhh. Yeah, I've been trying to get one of those with 27-30% minion movement speed and either +50 str/dex or high +ES total, but anything with high level minion movement speed can get expensive really fast. I check PoeTrade pretty often, but I'm getting really selective of my gear at this point since it's getting so expensive. I won't buy gear unless it's a really significant upgrade since min/maxing can get crazy with this build.
What would you suggest other than Anger? I do actually think that instead of Anger I could take out enlighten and then put temporal chains + blasphemy there.

I would not benefit from the enhance, though, so I'm not sure if that's better than using, say, flammability/elemental weakness on blasphemy. I could then link curse + blasph+empower+disc and would boost all others with empower and +1 in boots.

I just am trying to get rid of the vertex personally, since I made a flame golem 40% enchant on bone helmet last night (didn't have any other so I just casted it on it).

So far what I have is here: https://pastebin.com/jgDDrZR0

I'd love to hear your suggestions for the gear too! The helmet is not the one I'm planning on using, the rest is pretty much what I have atm to cap resists and try to get better gloves.

Thing is, I'm not sure what goes where with my slots when I don't use vertex/animate guardian. Or do you think I should use the animate guardian? Does he die often?

Neveru sed one before :/
Last edited by _Pats_ on Oct 14, 2017, 2:11:23 PM
"
_Pats_ wrote:
What would you suggest other than Anger? I do actually think that instead of Anger I could take out enlighten and then put temporal chains + blasphemy there.

I would not benefit from the enhance, though, so I'm not sure if that's better than using, say, flammability/elemental weakness on blasphemy. I could then link curse + blasph+empower+disc and would boost all others with empower and +1 in boots.

I just am trying to get rid of the vertex personally, since I made a flame golem 40% enchant on bone helmet last night (didn't have any other so I just casted it on it).

So far what I have is here: https://pastebin.com/Z49zPnxY I'd love to hear your suggestions for the gear too! The helmet is not the one I'm planning on using, the rest is pretty much what I have atm to cap resists and try to get better gloves.

Thing is, I'm not sure what goes where with my slots when I don't use vertex/animate guardian. Or do you think I should use the animate guardian? Does he die often?

Hmm... You don't use Bone Offering (which Necromancers benefit from), or Rumi's Concoction flask, nor do you run high-level Temporal Chains. Basically, your defenses are entirely different from the build. You can play around with different Curses and Auras for whatever playstyle fits you, but I personally can't help you here, as I've never tested out other defenses to be able to confidently advise others on it.

The only general advice I can give are:
1. Test out your Mana Reservation on Mikelat's Calculator, available here: https://poe.mikelat.com/ so you don't waste any currency before you commit. I say this because using Empower with 2 skills as you've suggested will need quite a bit of Reduced Mana Reserved nodes, which will vary depending on Enlighten Level.
2. You don't use Desecrate anywhere. Do you plan to only rely on "natural" corpses on the ground (for Flesh Offering)?
3. You don't really need to be using 7 Primordial Harmonies. A couple Minion Elemental Resistances would help a lot more than 2 additional Harmonies. Some more Harmonies can be replaced with ES Rare Jewels for more eHP.
4. A Bone Helmet with that Enchant is a good alternative; that should allow you to replace some DPS with more defenses.

You have excellent gear for your level, but you should sort out your gem setup first. Don't get me wrong; your setup is not bad--it's just not the same as this build, so I can't compare it with any build here. Perhaps someone else who has experimented with replacing TC or Bone Offering can help you here.
Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
Last edited by thsscapii on Oct 14, 2017, 2:19:29 PM
I'm swapping for bone offering/ as we speak, but how does it work for temporal chains without the enchant/enhance? Is it worth it?

As for currency, I already own empower lvl3/enlighten lvl4, so there's nothing I have to buy to check it out, I can just swap them around :-)

2. I see how foolish it was to link fortify with jump when I don't even use the jump, so I'll put desecrate there.

So, let's say I have bone offering + temporal chains without enhance - I'll get back to you on how temporal chains work. I'll remove the whole offhand setup and just have the jump on swap (with another clayshaper so I don't lose golems) and put there the desecrate - thjough I'm not sure what else. is there a support gem I could link to offering besides duration? I currently have the offering with convocation and duration just for the space.

What's your stance on enfeeble > temporal chains? Enfeeble provides flat less dmg reduction, though I'm not sure how it behaves on bosses :/

I just checked for the second curse, does your guardian provide it? I'm thinking about not using spell totem and instead casting the ball myself and then linking it to CoH + whatever, and still having 2 curses.

EDIT: Please check this pob: https://pastebin.com/f83yWnzA I swapped some stuff around, hoping for better results.
Last edited by _Pats_ on Oct 14, 2017, 3:08:16 PM
"
_Pats_ wrote:
I'm swapping for bone offering/ as we speak, but how does it work for temporal chains without the enchant/enhance? Is it worth it?

As for currency, I already own empower lvl3/enlighten lvl4, so there's nothing I have to buy to check it out, I can just swap them around :-)

2. I see how foolish it was to link fortify with jump when I don't even use the jump, so I'll put desecrate there.

So, let's say I have bone offering + temporal chains without enhance - I'll get back to you on how temporal chains work. I'll remove the whole offhand setup and just have the jump on swap (with another clayshaper so I don't lose golems) and put there the desecrate - thjough I'm not sure what else. is there a support gem I could link to offering besides duration? I currently have the offering with convocation and duration just for the space.

What's your stance on enfeeble > temporal chains? Enfeeble provides flat less dmg reduction, though I'm not sure how it behaves on bosses :/

I just checked for the second curse, does your guardian provide it? I'm thinking about not using spell totem and instead casting the ball myself and then linking it to CoH + whatever, and still having 2 curses.

EDIT: Please check this pob: https://pastebin.com/f83yWnzA I swapped some stuff around, hoping for better results.

Temporal Chains without the Enchant is strong enough. You can always take the Skittering Runes node for that. Enhance would help a lot more than Empower though, as Lv 21 or Lv 22 only brings it up by 1% Slow, but every each % Quality brings it up by 0.5% Slow, and Lv 3 Enhance on its own already provides 16% Quality, which is 8% Slow. It gets even better if you increase Enhance's Levels. You can try it without Enhance, but it really does make all mapping trivial, since almost everything is nullified if they are slowed.

There isn't much Support Gems that would benefit more than Increased Duration Support. You could try other defensive active skills, like Frost Wall or something. Another popular option (from any other general build), if you want to try it on more links, is to link other actives to Increased Duration Support, such as Vaal Haste or Vaal Discipline. So it would be CwDT(18) > Bone Offering(19) > Increased Duration(20) > Skill(20).

Enfeeble is another solid option that also benefits from Quality. I think playing this in HC would almost require both TC and Enfeeble. It behaves the same as any other Curse on Bosses; its effectiveness is reduced.

Yes, the guardian can provide the second Curse (either Elemental Weakness or Temporal Chains). I personally moved EW Curse to my helmet because I often swap out my AG for the CwC-Flesh Offering setup (I use 2 Rainbowstrides), and the Curse AG hits with is only max Lv 12 anyway, that does not benefit from Enhance or Curse Effect whatsoever. Self-casting your Curses is totally fine. Most of us here are just too lazy to do it =P

Your gem setup looks fine now. Just remember to constantly cast Desecrate (not only before using Flesh Offering), since both your Offerings depend on it (they last longer the more corpses there are). The build uses a second Desecrate in the low-level CwDT setup, but Immortal Call is perfectly fine too, since this build is weak in Physical defences.
Thanks for your input!

Though I have an important question - does my damage go any further than already is, significantly? As in, I currently have this:

with 20/20 gems all the way, yet it takes painfully long time (compared to my *tank* templar) to kill stuff. I know I'll get more survivability, but what about damage? :(

Also, I've found a solution to keep both offerings - I have flesh offering for mapping, and bone offering to trigger when big hit comes. Works wonderful!
Last edited by _Pats_ on Oct 14, 2017, 4:39:23 PM
"
_Pats_ wrote:
Thanks for your input!

Though I have an important question - does my damage go any further than already is, significantly? As in, I currently have this:

with 20/20 gems all the way, yet it takes painfully long time (compared to my *tank* templar) to kill stuff. I know I'll get more survivability, but what about damage? :(

Also, I've found a solution to keep both offerings - I have flesh offering for mapping, and bone offering to trigger when big hit comes. Works wonderful!

Lv 21 Golems and Lv 4 Empower will add 2 more levels, which will add about 20% more DPS to your golems (rough calculation not including Auras or Curses).

The best way to increase minion damage at this point is just increasing Golem speed (any type of speed), so they get to mobs and kill them faster. It shouldn't take too long to clear packs though. I take roughly 2 seconds--run into pack, drop Totem, Rumi's, quicksilver out.

This build isn't the best clearspeed build, but it is one of the safest. It has helped many casual players to clear endgame content like Shaper for the first time (myself included). I default to this character whenever I need to clear any difficult content, and it works just fine.
Last edited by thsscapii on Oct 15, 2017, 1:31:21 AM
Oh no, you misunderstood me - the packs are not an issue, the bosses are. Packs melt instantly so far as t12 that I've tested, though bosses take considerably longer.

So no other upgrade than ~4-5ex jewel, then? :( Do I correctly think, that buying lvl4 empower increases my golem lvl by 2 lvls?

BTW you mean deathless shaper, or the 'dead' shaper as in you get in, die and then let golems do the rest?
Last edited by _Pats_ on Oct 15, 2017, 6:05:39 AM
"
thsscapii wrote:
"
jivenjune wrote:
Finally got the chance to try out shaper. It took awhile to save up guardian fragments, and I wanted to give it a shot when I hit a fresh level so I wouldn't lose any exp if I died.

I one shotted it on my first attempt. It was a really fun fight.

I ran 3 level 28 flame golems and 1 level 26 stone golem with Zealot's oath for energy shield regen. I actually attempted without Necromatic Aegis and none of my golems died (I dropped Necromatic Aegis since Flame Golem DPS just seemed stupidly high, and survivability became more important). Also did it without a guardian (I forgot to summon it).

Overall, it wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be with a movement speed potion. None of my Golems died or seemed to get close to dying. The Shaper itself didn't really regen much during phases since I was just speed running through the inbetween zones in his phases. Almost died once during the last phase when there were two shapers, but after that, he was dropping pretty fast.

The build I'm using is probably a little weird since I've been tweaking to my preferences a bit, but at it's core, it's still the standard build. The biggest difference is that I'm using zealot's oath with about 912.3 energy shield regen per second.

This has been an awesome build to play with. Thanks for the guide.

There's proof right there levels on Golems are insanely good XD

I guess with Lv 28 Golems you don't really need AG or any extra defenses on them, besides your passives. If you didn't use your AG, I'm wondering if you'll benefit a lot more from Vaal Discipline. Not sure if it would be overkill, or helpful in ensuring that you'd never die (by using it as a panic button, since you have such high ES regen).

@Mika: I guess another viable endgame option to replace AG would be to prioritise ES regen, with some combination of Stone Golem, Vaal Discipline, Vitality, and Zealot's Oath from a few options:
1. Passive (only 1 point needed as we pass right by it)
2. The Sorrow of the Divine flask (also drops Consecrated Ground for even more regen; could be a viable replacement for AG's Consecrated Ground)
3. Geofri's Sanctuary chestpiece (elaborated below)

For Geofri's Sanctuary, it was surprisingly good. You do lose 2 levels on Golems, but surprisingly, it offers about the same eHP as SotL, even with only 135 STR (I lost 47 ES but gained 92 Life, for net +45 eHP). It even offers a bit of Resistances.

Hey :)

I'm not using Zealot's Oath in the main tree for the reason that desecrated ground maps become annoying fast as you have to drink flask every 10 steps. Taking it is pretty effective if you drop Necro Aegis for really high end ES shield and focus on maximizing ES regen. This however does not fix the problem with desecrated ground. Shav's would for it, but unless you can get legacy +1 shav you will lose lots of Golems damage.

Haven't really tried "Geofri's Sanctuary" as build has pretty low STR and zealot's oath makes desecrated ground maps worse.

If you can gain enough ES to tank Minotaur or Shaper smash, stacking ES would be very useful as they are the main reasons to die. Below that any change between 9k-?k ES gives only minimal extra protection.

"

Hey everyone!

Could you be so kind to give me some advice of where to go next with my character?

My profile is public but for those that like a link:
SpoilerShow

I would like to know what to upgrade next (short of finishing last few 20% gems) and any other tips or suggestions are welcome too.

I have 55 mana unreserved and my arc has to be lvl18 (cost 55 mana) but I think more levels will fix that? (92 atm, not much time to play)

thanks everyone

"

You're close to being fully decked out already, but here are some last few improvements you could make (you'll have to adjust for the amount of stats and resistances you have yourself):

1. Crystal Belt with just a bit more ES or Life, for more eHP.
2. Your Rings have good stats, but could have better rolls on the low stats, even a +3 to Level of Socketed Gems if you want to go there.
3. You can corrupt your Amulet(s) for +1 Additional Curse, allowing you to save 4 points on Whispers of Doom.
4. You can enchant your The Vertex for Temporal Chains Curse Effect, allowing you to save 3 points on Skittering Runes.
5. With Lv 28 Golems, consider dropping one Primordial Harmony Jewel for another Rare Jewel. I find two Harmonies are already sufficient even on Lv 26 Golems.
6. Your Rare Jewels could do with more ES or Minion Damage if you optimise your Belt and Rings for better Resists. The points you save from #3 and #4 should also allow you to grab more ES nodes or Jewel sockets.
7. There's really no point including Phase Run on your Gloves if you don't have it ordered last in your CwDT setup.
8. An easy solution to your Mana issue would be to grab Heart and Soul.

Most of these are just minor improvements, except for the Corruption on Amulet(s) and Enchant on The Vertex.

Just a minor addition to #2 and #6 since you're min-maxing:

"
thank you :)

Verified

I have this one but a little to low resist to use it atm.
I was thinking to remove tempest shield so I can put convocation in there and remove the phase run issue at the same time, if that makes sense?
Then I can remove an unset ring and get a little more resists on that ring to fix the issue of using the +3 ring.

I have corrupted 8 bisco so far and got a minion dmg one, no +1 curse yet.. but I feel it's kinda meh because of switching to presence for endgame bosses, I'd need 2x +1 curse necks to remove the nodes?

I should have mentioned I absolutely despite lab runs (I do a few on good layout/key days) so I'd really prefer buying the enchant when it actually shows up. Haven't seen one for sale though :/

Interesting point about influence - I could do that if I could get that enchant sorted and free the passive points.

On a totally different note I just did a full guardian clear, shaper kill and halls of the grandmaster clear - which is a challenge with my potato pc :)

died once on a shaper smash and a few times on minotaur because I underestimated vulnerability on the map.. but did halls deathless so that was quite amazing.

obv got gloves so no payback :D

"

Not exactly. Bosses have very high Curse Effect Reduction, so it shouldn't be a problem using a normal Chayula for that. Personally, if I got +1 Curse on my Chayula, I'd rather sell it to buy other gear.

I also hate lab runs. Made a BV PF Lab Farmer with full 6L QotF. Ran lab 5 times. Hated it. Respecced it. If you want, you could try purchasing an enchanting service, though they're really expensive.

Hello :)

Excellent advice already given ^^

Basically the "cheapest" improvements are always to get higher ES and hp on gloves, rings and (crystal) belt.

More expensive ones are +1 Sotl, extra curse Presence, Vertex enhancements and min-maxing rare jewels which can cost dozens to hundreds of exalts.

Reaching 10k ES with good rings, gloves and belt and high enough level to take all ES and HP nodes in tree is pretty easy. It's enough to do all game content already with pretty decent budget. After that starts the challenge of min-maxing if you decide to go for it ;)

"

Yeah I'm currently running flame sentinel spectres from act 8 on 4L boots and got a 5L chest ready (194es and 100total resists) for lvl 68 (currently 62) that I bought for 2alchs I think. Should I switch to map spectres when I reach that point or just go with the flame sentinels from the epilogue arc? Honestly I didn't look at the cost of the anima stones and now I think I might as well play a full spectre build because I'll be lvl 90 by the time I manage to get it+the primordial ones.

You should summon map Specters whenever you get chance to find them. Right now you can't manipulate Desecrate table anymore to get high level specters in any map you want, but Specters should already be persistent. So try to find as high level Specters as possible and summon max number of them from the map.

Next week GGG promised to fix Desecrate manipulation so we can again choose what Specters to spawn in maps. Till then just use the highest Specters you can find from any map.

"
Hey mate, I'm rolling a golemancer atm - already at lvl 70, with some of the gear, but I have a question - why Skin of the loyal specifically? No other uniques like shavvs? I'm only asking because the SoTL costs around 5-6ex for bbbgrr and shavvs is not that much more than this, and it blocks the chaos damage too.

I'd love to hear your input about sotl - shavs - regalia, which do you think is better and why?

Also, assuming I won't use the Animate Guardian, I'm going to put lvl21 discipline + lvl3 empower + lvl20 anger + lvl4 enlighten in the +1 rainbowstrides...so I could drop vertex in favor of another helmet, perhaps a good rolled rare, right? Or maybe smoe other unique helmet?

What's the option apart from Vertex?

"

There are a few reasons why we pick SotL and not Shavronne's Wrappings.
1. SotL provides +1 Level to Socketed Gems, which is a HUGE boost, giving Golems 2 extra Levels. From the high-end of Lv 26 to Lv 28, it's a very significant damage and survivability increase. This is the most important reason.
2. Shavronne's Wrappings' "Chaos Damage does not bypass Energy Shield" is not as useful to us, since we have capped Chaos Resistance. In fact, I prefer it this way, as we do have 2k Life to block any Chaos damage we take. Put it this way: the 2k Life would be a "waste" if we did not use it to mitigate some damage. #1 is the most important reason.
3. We use almost exclusively ES-based gear in all our other slots. This means SotL provides maximum benefit to this build. Did I mention +1 Levels to all is good?

Moving Curses to a +1 Rainbowstrides is perfectly fine, though you'd lose the nice Chaos Resistance bonus. I would not recommend Anger though. Anger will add Fire damage to your Spells, which means you won't be able to utilise Elemental Equilibrium, which is a good DPS boost.

Does this mean you won't be running a dual-Curse setup? I'm curious to see how an additional Aura compares to an additional Curse. It would definitely help for bossing, for one, and you would save some points on Whispers of Doom. Do get back to us if you do test this out XD

"

So far what I have is here: https://pastebin.com/jgDDrZR0

I'd love to hear your suggestions for the gear too! The helmet is not the one I'm planning on using, the rest is pretty much what I have atm to cap resists and try to get better gloves.

"

Hmm... You don't use Bone Offering (which Necromancers benefit from), or Rumi's Concoction flask, nor do you run high-level Temporal Chains. Basically, your defenses are entirely different from the build. You can play around with different Curses and Auras for whatever playstyle fits you, but I personally can't help you here, as I've never tested out other defenses to be able to confidently advise others on it.

The only general advice I can give are:
1. Test out your Mana Reservation on Mikelat's Calculator, available here: https://poe.mikelat.com/ so you don't waste any currency before you commit. I say this because using Empower with 2 skills as you've suggested will need quite a bit of Reduced Mana Reserved nodes, which will vary depending on Enlighten Level.
2. You don't use Desecrate anywhere. Do you plan to only rely on "natural" corpses on the ground (for Flesh Offering)?
3. You don't really need to be using 7 Primordial Harmonies. A couple Minion Elemental Resistances would help a lot more than 2 additional Harmonies. Some more Harmonies can be replaced with ES Rare Jewels for more eHP.
4. A Bone Helmet with that Enchant is a good alternative; that should allow you to replace some DPS with more defenses.

You have excellent gear for your level, but you should sort out your gem setup first. Don't get me wrong; your setup is not bad--it's just not the same as this build, so I can't compare it with any build here. Perhaps someone else who has experimented with replacing TC or Bone Offering can help you here.

"

"

Temporal Chains without the Enchant is strong enough. You can always take the Skittering Runes node for that. Enhance would help a lot more than Empower though, as Lv 21 or Lv 22 only brings it up by 1% Slow, but every each % Quality brings it up by 0.5% Slow, and Lv 3 Enhance on its own already provides 16% Quality, which is 8% Slow. It gets even better if you increase Enhance's Levels. You can try it without Enhance, but it really does make all mapping trivial, since almost everything is nullified if they are slowed.

There isn't much Support Gems that would benefit more than Increased Duration Support. You could try other defensive active skills, like Frost Wall or something. Another popular option (from any other general build), if you want to try it on more links, is to link other actives to Increased Duration Support, such as Vaal Haste or Vaal Discipline. So it would be CwDT(18) > Bone Offering(19) > Increased Duration(20) > Skill(20).

Enfeeble is another solid option that also benefits from Quality. I think playing this in HC would almost require both TC and Enfeeble. It behaves the same as any other Curse on Bosses; its effectiveness is reduced.

Yes, the guardian can provide the second Curse (either Elemental Weakness or Temporal Chains). I personally moved EW Curse to my helmet because I often swap out my AG for the CwC-Flesh Offering setup (I use 2 Rainbowstrides), and the Curse AG hits with is only max Lv 12 anyway, that does not benefit from Enhance or Curse Effect whatsoever. Self-casting your Curses is totally fine. Most of us here are just too lazy to do it =P

Your gem setup looks fine now. Just remember to constantly cast Desecrate (not only before using Flesh Offering), since both your Offerings depend on it (they last longer the more corpses there are). The build uses a second Desecrate in the low-level CwDT setup, but Immortal Call is perfectly fine too, since this build is weak in Physical defences.

"
Thanks for your input!

Verified

"

Lv 21 Golems and Lv 4 Empower will add 2 more levels, which will add about 20% more DPS to your golems (rough calculation not including Auras or Curses).

The best way to increase minion damage at this point is just increasing Golem speed (any type of speed), so they get to mobs and kill them faster. It shouldn't take too long to clear packs though. I take roughly 2 seconds--run into pack, drop Totem, Rumi's, quicksilver out.

This build isn't the best clearspeed build, but it is one of the safest. It has helped many casual players to clear endgame content like Shaper for the first time (myself included). I default to this character whenever I need to clear any difficult content, and it works just fine.

"
Oh no, you misunderstood me - the packs are not an issue, the bosses are. Packs melt instantly so far as t12 that I've tested, though bosses take considerably longer.

So no other upgrade than ~4-5ex jewel, then? :( Do I correctly think, that buying lvl4 empower increases my golem lvl by 2 lvls?

BTW you mean deathless shaper, or the 'dead' shaper as in you get in, die and then let golems do the rest?

Hey :)

SotL was chosen as default armor as it gives tons of ES with builds other high ES gear, about same amount as new Infernal Mantle or Shav's. The integrated +1 level gives huge boost to Golems DPS and HP.

Chaos damage is not really an issue when build can easily cap chaos res with other gear and passives. Chaos damage in endgame maps is already pretty low, so Shav's would be just dropping Golems level.

Like answered earlier Anger without "Generosity" gives you also fire damage to totem and nerfs EEs -50% fire res.

The Vertex is chosen as the default helmet as it gives +1 level, high amount of ES and Evasion while being pretty cheap item to buy. Losing the Chaos res from vertex really hurts defenses, so I suggest getting chaos res on rings or belt.

+1 level item, 20/20 temp chains, 20/20 blasphemy and level 4 Enhance with Skittering Runes gives already 74% Temp Chains when combined. Taking any component out drops TC effect noticeably. As high effect TC is pretty much best defense in the game against all non-boss mobs I don't recommend sacrificing anything from it.

Golems levels are main way to increase DPS and Golem survivability. "Increased damage" will give only minimal results as build has already stacked it with minion nodes, ascendancy and jewels. To really increase DPS we need to add "more" damage, charges and minion levels / speed.

Hopefully I added some extra for already excellent answers ^^

"
Hey Mika, thanks for the tips. Yeah, I think I'm using an old version of the build. I tried removing some mana reduction nodes, but running three auras was leaving me below the amount needed to cast ball lightning. I'm running temporal chain (blasphemy curse aura), vitality, and discipline all together). My current setup leaves me with 59 mana total, which is essentially enough to cast ball lightning (46mp) and convocation (9mp). I'm trying to find a better shield currently with around 590 ES or so (in comparison to my current shield which only has 454 ES) to really jump my total ES (10,257) and also push my energy shield regen a little higher.

I like the way the setup feels a lot right now using my own shield instead of having my minions absorb my shield stats with necromatic aegis. If I pop a rumi's, I can get max spell block and physical block without legacy rumi's, which are really pricey. My ES shield at 454 also gives me about 2250 ES through passives and about 112 ES regen per second. It's super lazy since I'll just go running head first into pretty much anything (it's how I got through the shaper transition phases so fast).

I tried checking on legacy Elreon rings in PoeTrade, but I didn't see anything aside from the standard mana reduction ones. Does the legacy one do something different I'm not seeing?

Sometimes, I'll use a Shavronne's Revelation Moonstone Ring to really jump my ES regen at the expense of losing all mana regen. It pushes me to about 1234.1 ES regen. If I drop my current ES shield and use Springleaf Plate Kite Shield I can get my ES regen to 1303 per second, but my total ES drops to about 8.2k which I'm not entirely happy with. I'm resistance capped with everything by a huge degree (all resistances float above 100) except chaos resistance, so usually swapping out none core gear doesn't really affect me, but I like having things at 100 in case I run ele weakness maps and am too lazy to swap aura to Purity of Elements.

On a cool note, I was also able to do The Hall of the Grandmasters with this build solo. I just swapped out Greater Multiple Projectile on my golem with a level 20 Block Chance Reduction Support gem and only had issue with one mob named Zami. It took like 3-4 minutes to pierce through his/her defenses, but he didn't really do any damage I couldn't out regen.

And yeah, 150% Stone Golem effect of buff granted by Stone Golem enchant has made this build really kinda weird and interesting. Thanks again for the fun. I was miserable as a Spectre summoner until I stumbled on this build (aura/spectre/minion made me spike/lag/die all the time).

"
The rings in question are those shown here:
http://poe.trade/search/igoriadoramkih

It's the Crafted "% increased maximum Energy Shield" Elreon provides through the Blessing Font (not his signature mod ones he sells). 3.0 changed it to only be craftable on to Amulets.

"

Ohhh. Yeah, I've been trying to get one of those with 27-30% minion movement speed and either +50 str/dex or high +ES total, but anything with high level minion movement speed can get expensive really fast. I check PoeTrade pretty often, but I'm getting really selective of my gear at this point since it's getting so expensive. I won't buy gear unless it's a really significant upgrade since min/maxing can get crazy with this build.

The legacy rings are pretty much icing on the cake. You can get them only in standard and they are usually good to buy once league is over and you want to really min-max the build. 54-60% Minion speed makes map clearing much faster and huge ES boost makes surviving more hits easier.

However all content can be easily done even without them, so I only recommend them if you really want to min-max the build as the prices are easily dozens of exalts.

"

Hi, I recently made a golemancer with this guide and it is great. However I decided to go with Elementalist and with slightly different passives and gear setup just for QoL to suit my needs of a more lazier gameplay.

Currently running with 1 lightning golem and 4 fire golems. I would run with 5 fire golems on certain maps as my lightning golem don't have as much HP.

I've also obtained some ES and minion dmg jewels but decided to go full primordial. Not sure if it's a better choice though.

On the discussion of Necromantic Aegis, pretty interesting. I might drop mine soon for a better survivability.

Again, great guide and thanks. I _almost_ did deathless shaper.

Thanks for support ^^

5x Flame Golems are usually better than 4 + 1 as all Golems will be shooting targets. If any Golem gets stuck in wall you will be losing 25% of damage with 4 Flame Golems. With 5x you will be losing only 20% fire-power.

With Elementalist Primordials are not needed as much as Golems take no damage from elemental hits. I would stack as much rare jewels with extra ES and HP with minion damage line as possible.

Necro Aegis gives best DPS off-hand and other utility but takes also good chunk of your defense. It's best to test yourself to see the difference of you have to choose between using / dropping it.
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
Does cast when channeling work on the golems? According to PoB, putting CwC instead of spell echo give a 50% damage increase
Last edited by furai on Oct 15, 2017, 8:36:15 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info