[3.14] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, ✔️All Bosses Down, ✔️Necro, ✔️Elementalist

"
_Pats_ wrote:
Oh no, you misunderstood me - the packs are not an issue, the bosses are. Packs melt instantly so far as t12 that I've tested, though bosses take considerably longer.

So no other upgrade than ~4-5ex jewel, then? :( Do I correctly think, that buying lvl4 empower increases my golem lvl by 2 lvls?

BTW you mean deathless shaper, or the 'dead' shaper as in you get in, die and then let golems do the rest?

Lv 4 Empower will only increase Golem Level by 1 from Lv 3 Empower. I meant an increase of 2 Levels by including Lv 21 Golems.

Not really, no. Primordial Harmonies and Rare Jewels with "Minions deal % increased Damage" are similar, but you get the benefit of other useful stats, such as ES or Minion Elemental Resistances. The best upgrade would be a +2 SotL for Lv 28 Golems.

I mean deathless Shaper. I haven't done a deathless Shaper, and I've only ran it once, but many others here have done it deathless easily. Shaper is slowed slightly by TC, and you don't have to do anything besides dropping totems, so it simply becomes a game of dodgeball. I figure anyone with experience of running at least 3 Shaper runs will be able to do it deathless with this build.

You can die and let your golems fight, but Elementalist is better for that, if you're planning to farm endgame bosses exclusively.
Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
"
furai wrote:
Does cast when channeling work on the golems? According to PoB, putting CwC instead of spell echo give a 50% damage increase

AFAIK Golems have no channeling spells. I just tested this by linking Golems to CwC and Frostbolt. No Frostbolts were casted.

This also creates a problem. Summon Flame Golem is a spell. You won't be able to summon your Golems unless you also link it to a Channeling spell. This spell would have to be a non-Fire Channeling spell (for EE), which means pretty much only Storm Burst. You can summon them first, then change the gems around, but that's just too clunky.

I don't see what you mean by CwC giving a damage increase. I changed Spell Echo to CwC in my PoB, and I lost about 20% Total DPS, even though my Cast Rate went up by 0.6.
Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
Last edited by thsscapii on Oct 15, 2017, 9:00:53 AM

Maybe there's something wrong with my setup? (char is SpectreMcqueen)
Last edited by furai on Oct 15, 2017, 9:10:53 AM
Thank you all for your input.

Though I can't grasp the notion as to why is there a spell echo in there? Isn't something...like, dunno, elemental focus or whatever in that place better?
Ok have to give another +1 to this build.

Did deathless uber atziri with it, and the easiest uber run i've ever done. The temp chains is so powerful that none of atziris attacks (except spears, which I can tank with 8k es) ever hit me, they're so slow.

Perfect build for running uber/shaper service, or selling challenge kills. Making quite the profit out of it lol
Just tried chimera with this build on 80. No chance - died in stelth phase alot and spend all portals. btw map clear up to t14 was easy. overall this build is funny, but need more tweaks to do guardians(can't be done on budget - 400c. For comparsion - I have done guardian on 80c, wouldn't say build titles. Anyway, this build is really fun, and I'll stick with it)
Last edited by RawDamage on Oct 15, 2017, 7:44:32 PM
"
RawDamage wrote:
Just tried chimera with this build on 80. No chance - died in stelth phase alot and spend all portals. btw map clear up to t14 was easy. overall this build is funny, but need more tweaks to do guardians(can't be done on budget - 400c. For comparsion - I have done guardian on 80c, wouldn't say build titles. Anyway, this build is really fun, and I'll stick with it)

imho a level 3/4 empower helps a lot, my golems go from 24k life to 38k with empower, and their damage increases massively. Lvl 3 is only like 7c, and u get +1 level from skin of the loyal. in fact, i was running that setup in a +1 tabula before i could afford SOTL. And temp chains + enhance help a lot with survivability, with that and 75/75 block u rarely ever get hit
The main issue is stealth phase, not damage. I just can't survive in this phase. all portals was spend on it. There is no thing to damage on this phase, or I'm missing something?
ps. Overall damage is great, t10-t14 goes smooth and relaxing with my gear.
"
RawDamage wrote:
The main issue is stealth phase, not damage. I just can't survive in this phase. all portals was spend on it. There is no thing to damage on this phase, or I'm missing something?
ps. Overall damage is great, t10-t14 goes smooth and relaxing with my gear.

oh right yea that phase is kinda annoying. I usually pop all my flasks + offering and run through the clouds as fast as possible. Honestly, chimera and minotaur are probably the most annoying enemies to fight with this build.
"
mika2salo wrote:
Thanks for support ^^

5x Flame Golems are usually better than 4 + 1 as all Golems will be shooting targets. If any Golem gets stuck in wall you will be losing 25% of damage with 4 Flame Golems. With 5x you will be losing only 20% fire-power.

With Elementalist Primordials are not needed as much as Golems take no damage from elemental hits. I would stack as much rare jewels with extra ES and HP with minion damage line as possible.

Necro Aegis gives best DPS off-hand and other utility but takes also good chunk of your defense. It's best to test yourself to see the difference of you have to choose between using / dropping it.

I initially went with 4+1 because PoB gave a higher number. Then again it didn't tell if it's actually 4+1 or 5+1, so I took your advice and went back to purely 5 fire golems.

My harmonies jewels are all at 16+% minion damage, comparable if not better to rare jewel. I have 8k ES atm and pretty comfortable right now so I don't think I need the extra ES. Besides the increased cooldown recovery speed on golems is IMO is very good when it is stacked up and minmaxed.

I've since dropped Necro Aegis and took up Esh's Visage I had lying around. A HUGE buff to my ES (1k+ increase) but most importantly chaos damage wont bypass my ES as long as I'm not on low life or mana (which should not be happening). I'm not sure if mana reservation would steer you towards low mana but I have Enlighten lv3 to stay above 35%.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info