[3.14] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, ✔️All Bosses Down, ✔️Necro, ✔️Elementalist

"
RawDamage wrote:
The main issue is stealth phase, not damage. I just can't survive in this phase. all portals was spend on it. There is no thing to damage on this phase, or I'm missing something?
ps. Overall damage is great, t10-t14 goes smooth and relaxing with my gear.

I don't have trouble with the smoke phase. Chimera is invulnerable in this phase anyway--you have to find the real one as fast as possible to stop the smoke phase. I just pop Rumi's and Quicksilver, then run through every smoke cloud. Chimera should only hit you a few times during this phase, proccing Bone Offering and Phase Run, after which, you'll be quite safe as long as you don't break Phase Run.
Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
Last edited by thsscapii on Oct 16, 2017, 4:03:35 AM
"
thsscapii wrote:
you'll be quite safe as long as you don't break Phase Run.

Thanks for an advice, seems it was my mistake with boss mechanics. Also I have one question: does flasks usage breaks Phase Run or only skills can break it?
Hey,

i just switched from Flame Sentinels to Fire Golems and it feels a lot different because of the Golems behaviour.I know that i still have to improve a lot, but while running into mobs the Golems are always behind me and need a lot of time until they spawn next to me or attack, which feels very uncomfortable/unsafe.

I already tried Convocation, but the cooldown is also very long, or do i just need to accustom myself to the new playstyle?
Last edited by DunklerKoenig on Oct 16, 2017, 5:51:22 AM
"
RawDamage wrote:
"
thsscapii wrote:
you'll be quite safe as long as you don't break Phase Run.

Thanks for an advice, seems it was my mistake with boss mechanics. Also I have one question: does flasks usage breaks Phase Run or only skills can break it?

Never noticed if it breaks, but I just tested this, and as far as I can tell, flasks don't break Phase Run. Casting totem breaks it.

"
DunklerKoenig wrote:
Hey,

i just switched from Flame Sentinels to Fire Golems and it feels a lot different because of the Golems behaviour.I know that i still have to improve a lot, but while running into mobs the Golems are always behind me and need a lot of time until they spawn next to me or attack, which feels very uncomfortable/unsafe.

I already tried Convocation, but the cooldown is also very long, or do i just need to accustom myself to the new playstyle?

Most probably, yes. They don't take time to spawn next to you--they teleport to you if they're too far away from you. I've learnt to run as far as I need until the Golems teleport to me, like a pseudo-Convocation. A Quicksilver flask will help here, as you don't want your Golems to catch up if you're using this method. That said, if your Golems are fast in the first place, you wouldn't have to do this, so no issues there. This is also the reason I avoid all room/cell-type maps on this character, since I'm just too lazy to use Convocation.

It feels unsafe, but that's where high level Temporal Chains comes in. Just keep moving around and you'll never be hit.
Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
Last edited by thsscapii on Oct 16, 2017, 7:42:18 AM
"
furai wrote:
Does cast when channeling work on the golems? According to PoB, putting CwC instead of spell echo give a 50% damage increase

"
AFAIK Golems have no channeling spells. I just tested this by linking Golems to CwC and Frostbolt. No Frostbolts were casted.

This also creates a problem. Summon Flame Golem is a spell. You won't be able to summon your Golems unless you also link it to a Channeling spell. This spell would have to be a non-Fire Channeling spell (for EE), which means pretty much only Storm Burst. You can summon them first, then change the gems around, but that's just too clunky.

I don't see what you mean by CwC giving a damage increase. I changed Spell Echo to CwC in my PoB, and I lost about 20% Total DPS, even though my Cast Rate went up by 0.6.

Hey :)

Golems dont have channeled skill, so CwC has no effect on them.

Their skill are :

Magma Ball - Projectile AoE spell, 100% Fire, targets ground like Magma Orb so it can't pierce/chain/fork, supported by spell/AoE and some projectile supports.

Flame Wave - AoE spell in a ~120° cone, 100% fire, default range is approximately 30 units, affected by AoE radius and damage increases, supported by spell/AoE supports.

Immolate - Spell that releases a barrage of 4 piercing projectiles, 100% Fire, additional projectiles increase coverage, echo repeats the barrage, supported by spell/projectile supports.

"

Lv 4 Empower will only increase Golem Level by 1 from Lv 3 Empower. I meant an increase of 2 Levels by including Lv 21 Golems.

Not really, no. Primordial Harmonies and Rare Jewels with "Minions deal % increased Damage" are similar, but you get the benefit of other useful stats, such as ES or Minion Elemental Resistances. The best upgrade would be a +2 SotL for Lv 28 Golems.

I mean deathless Shaper. I haven't done a deathless Shaper, and I've only ran it once, but many others here have done it deathless easily. Shaper is slowed slightly by TC, and you don't have to do anything besides dropping totems, so it simply becomes a game of dodgeball. I figure anyone with experience of running at least 3 Shaper runs will be able to do it deathless with this build.

You can die and let your golems fight, but Elementalist is better for that, if you're planning to farm endgame bosses exclusively.

Hi :)

As answered Emp 4 will increase levels by only 1 from Emp 3. However the higher the levels go, the higher benefit next level gives as each level adds 10% more DPS and HP to earlier.

Shaper is doable both ways. Kill-while-dead run can be done with pretty low equipment and not any boss tactics required. Deathless requires lots of kiting skill, but there are only 2-3 things to worry about in the whole fight so once you get a grasp of them the fight is pretty easy.

"

Thank you all for your input.

Though I can't grasp the notion as to why is there a spell echo in there? Isn't something...like, dunno, elemental focus or whatever in that place better?

Hey :)

Spell Echo makes you raise 2x Golems when you summon 1. It also doubles Golems casts as they are supported by the gem also. Echo gives more DPS than ele focus, lets Golems generate frenzy charges faster and lets them cover more ground while clearing trash mobs.

"
Ok have to give another +1 to this build.

Did deathless uber atziri with it, and the easiest uber run i've ever done. The temp chains is so powerful that none of atziris attacks (except spears, which I can tank with 8k es) ever hit me, they're so slow.

Perfect build for running uber/shaper service, or selling challenge kills. Making quite the profit out of it lol

Thanks for support ^^

I have to give you lots of props for deathless Uber Atziri with Necro as I'm having trouble with it.

Your Storm Burst -> Cwc -> Bone Offering is quite nice to keep EE and max block up.

Removing Necro Aegis hurts DPS quite a bit while clearing maps, but max block makes certain bosses much easier.

I'll test your links later myself ;)

"
Just tried chimera with this build on 80. No chance - died in stelth phase alot and spend all portals. btw map clear up to t14 was easy. overall this build is funny, but need more tweaks to do guardians(can't be done on budget - 400c. For comparsion - I have done guardian on 80c, wouldn't say build titles. Anyway, this build is really fun, and I'll stick with it)

"
imho a level 3/4 empower helps a lot, my golems go from 24k life to 38k with empower, and their damage increases massively. Lvl 3 is only like 7c, and u get +1 level from skin of the loyal. in fact, i was running that setup in a +1 tabula before i could afford SOTL. And temp chains + enhance help a lot with survivability, with that and 75/75 block u rarely ever get hit

"
The main issue is stealth phase, not damage. I just can't survive in this phase. all portals was spend on it. There is no thing to damage on this phase, or I'm missing something?
ps. Overall damage is great, t10-t14 goes smooth and relaxing with my gear.

"
oh right yea that phase is kinda annoying. I usually pop all my flasks + offering and run through the clouds as fast as possible. Honestly, chimera and minotaur are probably the most annoying enemies to fight with this build.

"
I don't have trouble with the smoke phase. Chimera is invulnerable in this phase anyway--you have to find the real one as fast as possible to stop the smoke phase. I just pop Rumi's and Quicksilver, then run through every smoke cloud. Chimera should only hit you a few times during this phase, proccing Bone Offering and Phase Run, after which, you'll be quite safe as long as you don't break Phase Run.

"

"
Never noticed if it breaks, but I just tested this, and as far as I can tell, flasks don't break Phase Run. Casting totem breaks it.

Hello :)

I see that you done have either Presence of Chayula or Kiara's flask. Brine king Pantheon gives stun immunity lite, but it's not as good as either of Presence or Kiara.

In Chimeras smoke phase, getting stunned is most dangerous thing as it slows you down a lot. When smoke phase starts, hit Kiara's flask and Quicksilver flask. This makes you stun immune and you can just zoom through smoke clouds in few seconds. Adding Rumi's cuts damage taken even lower.

Flask usage doesn't break Phase Run so they are safe to use while Phase Run is on. Remember to trust in Phase Run and not spam Totem in most cases when you really need to stay alive with low health. Phase Run with Temp Chains is incredibly strong combo.

"
I initially went with 4+1 because PoB gave a higher number. Then again it didn't tell if it's actually 4+1 or 5+1, so I took your advice and went back to purely 5 fire golems.

My harmonies jewels are all at 16+% minion damage, comparable if not better to rare jewel. I have 8k ES atm and pretty comfortable right now so I don't think I need the extra ES. Besides the increased cooldown recovery speed on golems is IMO is very good when it is stacked up and minmaxed.

I've since dropped Necro Aegis and took up Esh's Visage I had lying around. A HUGE buff to my ES (1k+ increase) but most importantly chaos damage wont bypass my ES as long as I'm not on low life or mana (which should not be happening). I'm not sure if mana reservation would steer you towards low mana but I have Enlighten lv3 to stay above 35%.

Dropping Necro Aegis hurts map clearing speed a lot as well as boss kill damage. However it lets you keep max block up with Bone Offering. I would certainly use Rathpith myself with max spell block. Rathpith gives you nice EHP boost while keeping your block 75/75% with Bone offer and Rumi's up. Chaos damage is not really a big problem so Esh's Visage is pretty much overkill.

Reduced cooldown on Golems is really useful, but Golems have also cast animation which time they cant cast again even if cooldown is zeroed. Their cast with Spell echo and animation takes over 2 seconds if I remember correctly, so stacking all Harmonies is not super helpful after certain point.

"
Hey,

"
Most probably, yes. They don't take time to spawn next to you--they teleport to you if they're too far away from you. I've learnt to run as far as I need until the Golems teleport to me, like a pseudo-Convocation. A Quicksilver flask will help here, as you don't want your Golems to catch up if you're using this method. That said, if your Golems are fast in the first place, you wouldn't have to do this, so no issues there. This is also the reason I avoid all room/cell-type maps on this character, since I'm just too lazy to use Convocation.

It feels unsafe, but that's where high level Temporal Chains comes in. Just keep moving around and you'll never be hit.

This is where minion speed comes in. Frenzy charges give Golems 15% movement speed, and you can get up to 30% minion movement speed per ring. With 60%+ movement speed Golems start to run next to you, not behind you.

If you can't get minion speed on rings yet, you can just trust in Temp Chains and just rush into packs. Golems will teleport to you when you are far enough.

3rd way is to replace Tempest Shield with level 5 Convocation in CWDT links. This way when you take even smallest hit, Golems teleport next to you.
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
Last edited by mika2salo on Oct 16, 2017, 7:57:50 AM
"
mika2salo wrote:

"
Hey,

This is where minion speed comes in. Frenzy charges give Golems 15% movement speed, and you can get up to 30% minion movement speed per ring. With 60%+ movement speed Golems start to run next to you, not behind you.

If you can't get minion speed on rings yet, you can just trust in Temp Chains and just rush into packs. Golems will teleport to you when you are far enough.

3rd way is to replace Tempest Shield with level 5 Convocation in CWDT links. This way when you take even smallest hit, Golems teleport next to you.

Thank you very much, that are some very good clues! I will try that today and continue lvling my gems :)
"
mika2salo wrote:
Their cast with Spell echo and animation takes over 2 seconds if I remember correctly, so stacking all Harmonies is not super helpful after certain point.

This is new information to me, thanks. I'm going to re-slot my rare jewels.
Thank you all for your help
I made some changes:

- Switched to lvl 23 discipline
- Removed tempest shield to save a socket
- swapped out vertex with an enchanted hubris
- removed skittering runes and picked up influence instead
- got new belt

This fixed the mana issue (85 unreserved now) and all in all gained around 1k EHP.
Up to 3k life+5.2k ES with bisco and 2.2k life+7k ES with chayula.

I guess time to save up now for either a +1 curse neck or a +1 corrupted skin :)

gear
Hey! So here's my updated pob link: https://pastebin.com/eafhP3zd

I've gotten a new SoTL, added zealoth's path (though I'm not sure about it as I currently have around 100 additional regen - I guess it's always better than not using regen at all until I lose my shield), empower lvl4 and enhance lvl3 (no cash to throw at lvl4 yet) - I'll grab the skittering runes next, then rest of the ES nodes.

I do seem to have issue with small eHP pool. I know I don't have a crystal belt and decent gloves, but it seems to me that I should have more than I already do. Any suggestions for the gear, perhaps? I'm currently working on crafting moonstone ring with %movement speed.

I currently have two spots where I can craft additional resists - my helmet (of which I am kinda happy, made it myself) and prismatic ring. I'm trying to replace the coral ring with moonstone ring, getting a decent crystal belt with resists and gloves with resists/180ES.

But I don't think that'll allow me to break 8k ES or so. And I'm out of ideas :(

Also, food for thought. I'm using Victario's charity with the keystone to add its bonuses for my minions - which, I assume is primiarly due to charges, yes?

What do you think with using Malachai's Loop in it's place, with the 20% power charge on hit and additional spell damage per charge?

In PoB it adds some damage, and does not diminish their HP or anything.

Also, why do we take beacon of corruption? Solely for chaos resistance? I was thinking about taking one of each smaller nodes (the ones that give +%minion damage and +%minion life along with some chaos res), what do you think?
Last edited by _Pats_ on Oct 16, 2017, 5:00:35 PM
Hi all, amazing build so far! Just hit lvl 72 and got my Anima Stone :)

I have a few missing pieces due to affordability (e.g. Primordial Might is going take a while and I also need to save for another empower and an enhance).

I'm currently using a Skin of the Loyal that has 2 x red, 2 x blue and 2 x green.

Until I can afford a SOTL with 3 blue, what should I slot in the second green?

I've dropped the blue controlled destruction (guessing blue spell echo and blue minion damage are more important).. is there a green gem that is ok for flame golems? I'm currently using faster projectiles.

Proud Kiwi
Last edited by Ghostextechnica on Oct 16, 2017, 3:25:14 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info