[3.14] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, ✔️All Bosses Down, ✔️Necro, ✔️Elementalist

Ran the build up to act 6/level 52 in Mayhem to try it out and it was very fun and it was able to handle the 20 rogues/invasion bosses with ease. Might give it a full go in the upcoming league.

Gear

Thanks for your work on the build!

What about using this armor instead normal loyal one?
Do you think that mind over matter could be useful? Since now MoM also work on dmg overtime
The only problema is that i must run controlled destr 20/23 instead fire penetration
Last edited by Redvex on Nov 30, 2017, 8:02:06 AM
I would like to know wich gems should I upgrade first, and if its safe switching to guardian, im still running 2 spectres and 6 zombies along with 4 golems lol probably doing it wrong (lvl 74) and yeah I still need that shield charge here maybe spectres arent doing anything since I have the ascendacy nodes for golems.
My budget is 5ex atm, should I focus on my gems and let the gear as it is?
2472 Life
4522 ES

here is my gear

PS: belt is too expensive, I got this one for 20c wich I will be using until I find a better one not so expensive or if I make all that currency :p

Should I vaal the gems or is it too risky for now?
Last edited by romulopina on Nov 30, 2017, 9:03:24 AM
"
Tallion99 wrote:
Ran the build up to act 6/level 52 in Mayhem to try it out and it was very fun and it was able to handle the 20 rogues/invasion bosses with ease. Might give it a full go in the upcoming league.

Gear

Thanks for your work on the build!

Hey and thanks for support ^^

Build gets even funnier to play when you get max level Temp Chains and high level Golems.

"
What about using this armor instead normal loyal one?
Do you think that mind over matter could be useful? Since now MoM also work on dmg overtime
The only problema is that i must run controlled destr 20/23 instead fire penetration

Hello :)

Skin of the Lords works as good as normal Skin of the Loyal and can have any key passive as free bonus. Mom in this case gives nice 200-300 EHP as extra.

Best ones are :
- Phase Acrobatics = 30% spell dodge for free
- Arrow Dancing = More chance to dodge projectiles
- Iron Rexleses = Gives armor
- Mom = free 200-300 extra EHP
- Elemental Equilibrium = free passive
- Necromantic Aegis = free passive

"
I would like to know wich gems should I upgrade first, and if its safe switching to guardian, im still running 2 spectres and 6 zombies along with 4 golems lol probably doing it wrong (lvl 74) and yeah I still need that shield charge here maybe spectres arent doing anything since I have the ascendacy nodes for golems.
My budget is 5ex atm, should I focus on my gems and let the gear as it is?
2472 Life
4522 ES

Should I vaal the gems or is it too risky for now?

Hey :)

I recommend getting Flame Golem 20/20 or 21/0 as soon as possible. Golems levels are best boost to DPS and Golems survival. You can start using Animate Guardian at level 19-20 safely, just check in boss fights if its health is dropping at first.

I would drop Specters as you can summon 4x Golems out already. Zombies still are ok meat-shield if you want to play extra safe.

Shield charge would really help movement and give faster clearspeed / more speed to kite boss attacks.

Gems look of if you can upgrade Flame Golem and get Enhance 3 for Temp Chains.

Belt, rings and ammy could use upgrade first. Maybe try to get HP & ES for rings and belt and if you still have budget buy presence of Chayula?
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
occultist golems here i come!!!
█▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀ ░ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀ ░ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀
█▄▄▀ █▄▄█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █▀▀ ░ █▄▄▀ █▄▄█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █▀▀ ░ █▄▄▀ █▄▄█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █▀▀
▀░▀▀ ▄▄▄█ █▀▀▀ ▀░░▀ ▀▀▀ ░ ▀░▀▀ ▄▄▄█ █▀▀▀ ▀░░▀ ▀▀▀ ░ ▀░▀▀ ▄▄▄█ █▀▀▀ ▀░░▀ ▀▀▀
Last edited by Ryphe on Sep 3, 2021, 10:31:26 PM
"
Ryphe wrote:
OMG!!

thanks for the help

occultist golems here i come!!!

Np, with legacy stuff in standard you will bet some nice ES boost as occultist ^^

UPDATE

Build just got new level 100 player, "Nemesis87"!

\o/ Gz on level up and welcome to club 100!! ;) \o/
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
Last edited by mika2salo on Nov 30, 2017, 7:26:56 PM
hello,
found a vertex with ,flame golems have 25% increased damage, 1. it means the Golems deal 25% more damage ?
and 2. do i have to place the flame Golem-gem in that helmet now ?
fegards frank
Yo mika, i'm back to bitch some more ;)

Under "LEVELING" -> "DIFFERENT MINIONS AND HOW TO USE THEM" -> "SPECTERS"

You write: "Leveling requires to use 2 different type of Specters at different acts as they are tied to area level they are raised." This is only partly correct. "they are tied to area level they are raised" is correct, but "Leveling requires to use 2 different type of Specters" is not correct.

The way desecrate now works is that if you (or any1 else) enter a zone with a specter, it can be summoned there from now on (until instance resets/you use up all portals if it's a map).

So if your preference is flame sentinels, you just need to find them once, and then you can keep them for the rest of your characters existance just by desecrating new versions of them every time you enter a higher lvl zone.

This ofc means that your "Higher Level Flame Sentinels" segment can be deleted as it is redundant/misleading information.

The same goes for "GETTING VERY POWERFUL SPECTERS". The info about "If you can get access to Arsenal Map(T10) or Residence Map(T12)" is redundant/misleading as any lvl t10 or t12 will do, you do not need arsenal and/or residence.

"Be level 68 to be able to use at least level 19 "Desecrate" skill Gem in map." and "Own at least level 19 "Desecrate" skill Gem (summon corpses up to level 100)" are not needed. As an example, if you have a +1 tabula and a lvl 2 empower you can get away with a lvl 16 desecrate. Doesn't need to be a tabula ofc, any +1 lvl to gems with a linked red + green socket will do.

"Have access to T10 Arsenal Map or T12 Residence or join to public party for free access." Is no longer needed.

The following info is stolen from https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1971585 leveling section. It's about twink leveling with specters.

"Get a +1 Tabula Rasa and a lvl 2 empower at lvl 28. This will allow you to raise level 41 spectres, 9 levels higher than intended.
Get a higher level friend to desecrate high level spectres in his hideout, which you then raise for yourself. A lvl 7 hideout can give up to level 60 spectres, so the build should be a breeze to level.
Use any spectre you like. Re-summon spectres using same method when your Raise Spectre gem levels up if you want maximum power."

Now, for the promised bitching...

I've raised this point before, and you shot me down, but it really bothers me in an otherwise really good guide, so i'll do one last attempt ;)

Under "GEMS" -> "PHASE RUN" (for desecrate) you say "Level MUST be left to 1 to let us cast all linked skills at first hit you take." This is simply incorrect/misleading/misunderstood/something else. It should say: "Desecrate should not be leveled above lvl 7". For phase run you do not point out anything about the lvl of the gem, so in my mind you should add "Phase Run should not be leveled above lvl 3" to the text.

Moving on to "ALTERNATIVE GEMS FOR CAST WHEN DAMAGE TAKEN LINKS"

For frost wall you actually did it correctly, saying lvl 10 <3
For arctic breath you say "Leave Arctic Breath to level 1." It should say: "Arctic Breath should not be leveled above lvl 4"
For tempest shield you write: "Leave "Tempest Shield" to level 1 for Cast when Damage Taken to be able to cast it." It should say: "Tempest Shield should not be leveled above lvl 7"

For some of these gems a level increase is without a doubt better, so a blanket statement of "leave them at lvl 1" (with the exception of frost wall for some reason, and no mention on phase run) is simply not up to par with the rest of your guide, in my opinion.

/bitching done :)

EDIT: Under "ITEM" one category is "ENHANCEMENTS". Should this be "ENCHANTMENTS"? The weird thing is that it works either way :D

EDIT 2: Random thoughts about flasks. Would it not be better to use one hallowed hybrid flask instead of both one life and one mana flask? This way you can add a quartz flask to your setup, and maybe even ditch the cwdt phase run and replace it with convocation?

The hybrid flask will probably not be enough for no regen maps after the introduction of shield charge, so for those a pure mana flask would be better i guess, but in regular play/most other content a quartz + hybrid should be superior to a life/mana flask?
Last edited by Sodomiser on Dec 1, 2017, 12:35:52 PM
"
Heinz22Selb wrote:
hello,
found a vertex with ,flame golems have 25% increased damage, 1. it means the Golems deal 25% more damage ?
and 2. do i have to place the flame Golem-gem in that helmet now ?
fegards frank

Hey :)

1) Yes, Flame Golems will deal 25% increased damage
2) No, Flame Golems don't have to be socketed in in helmet. The line is global so it works on any Flame Golem you can summon.

Hopefully this helps ^^

"
Yo mika, i'm back to bitch some more ;)

Under "LEVELING" -> "DIFFERENT MINIONS AND HOW TO USE THEM" -> "SPECTERS"

You write: "Leveling requires to use 2 different type of Specters at different acts as they are tied to area level they are raised." This is only partly correct. "they are tied to area level they are raised" is correct, but "Leveling requires to use 2 different type of Specters" is not correct.

The way desecrate now works is that if you (or any1 else) enter a zone with a specter, it can be summoned there from now on (until instance resets/you use up all portals if it's a map).

So if your preference is flame sentinels, you just need to find them once, and then you can keep them for the rest of your characters existance just by desecrating new versions of them every time you enter a higher lvl zone.

This ofc means that your "Higher Level Flame Sentinels" segment can be deleted as it is redundant/misleading information.

The same goes for "GETTING VERY POWERFUL SPECTERS". The info about "If you can get access to Arsenal Map(T10) or Residence Map(T12)" is redundant/misleading as any lvl t10 or t12 will do, you do not need arsenal and/or residence.

"Be level 68 to be able to use at least level 19 "Desecrate" skill Gem in map." and "Own at least level 19 "Desecrate" skill Gem (summon corpses up to level 100)" are not needed. As an example, if you have a +1 tabula and a lvl 2 empower you can get away with a lvl 16 desecrate. Doesn't need to be a tabula ofc, any +1 lvl to gems with a linked red + green socket will do.

"Have access to T10 Arsenal Map or T12 Residence or join to public party for free access." Is no longer needed.

The following info is stolen from https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1971585 leveling section. It's about twink leveling with specters.

"Get a +1 Tabula Rasa and a lvl 2 empower at lvl 28. This will allow you to raise level 41 spectres, 9 levels higher than intended.
Get a higher level friend to desecrate high level spectres in his hideout, which you then raise for yourself. A lvl 7 hideout can give up to level 60 spectres, so the build should be a breeze to level.
Use any spectre you like. Re-summon spectres using same method when your Raise Spectre gem levels up if you want maximum power."

Now, for the promised bitching...

I've raised this point before, and you shot me down, but it really bothers me in an otherwise really good guide, so i'll do one last attempt ;)

Under "GEMS" -> "PHASE RUN" (for desecrate) you say "Level MUST be left to 1 to let us cast all linked skills at first hit you take." This is simply incorrect/misleading/misunderstood/something else. It should say: "Desecrate should not be leveled above lvl 7". For phase run you do not point out anything about the lvl of the gem, so in my mind you should add "Phase Run should not be leveled above lvl 3" to the text.

Moving on to "ALTERNATIVE GEMS FOR CAST WHEN DAMAGE TAKEN LINKS"

For frost wall you actually did it correctly, saying lvl 10 <3
For arctic breath you say "Leave Arctic Breath to level 1." It should say: "Arctic Breath should not be leveled above lvl 4"
For tempest shield you write: "Leave "Tempest Shield" to level 1 for Cast when Damage Taken to be able to cast it." It should say: "Tempest Shield should not be leveled above lvl 7"

For some of these gems a level increase is without a doubt better, so a blanket statement of "leave them at lvl 1" (with the exception of frost wall for some reason, and no mention on phase run) is simply not up to par with the rest of your guide, in my opinion.

/bitching done :)

EDIT: Under "ITEM" one category is "ENHANCEMENTS". Should this be "ENCHANTMENTS"? The weird thing is that it works either way :D

EDIT 2: Random thoughts about flasks. Would it not be better to use one hallowed hybrid flask instead of both one life and one mana flask? This way you can add a quartz flask to your setup, and maybe even ditch the cwdt phase run and replace it with convocation?

The hybrid flask will probably not be enough for no regen maps after the introduction of shield charge, so for those a pure mana flask would be better i guess, but in regular play/most other content a quartz + hybrid should be superior to a life/mana flask?

Hello :)

Excellent points once again, my trusty proof-reader XD

1) Fixed the level caps for gems
2) Fixed the ENHANCEMENTS typo
3) For Specters your absolutely right and I have to rewrite most of how to get Specters after the change. It takes a while so I try to do it during the weekend.
4) Hybrid flask is good alternative. You want at least one pure life flask to fill HP if you happen to get really big hit and drop to few hunrder HPs. Hybrid might not be enough to instantly fill up mana if some players are using MOM as independent node or using Skin of the Lords with MOM point. I might add it later as alternative but I'm not sure which flask it could replace.

Thx a lot for detailed analysis, makes fixing guide lot easier ^^ If you can give Specters text another spin after I have reworked on it, would appreciate it ;)
Last edited by mika2salo on Dec 1, 2017, 6:32:18 PM
Finally, no questions. Just want to say that I really appreciate mika's work. All questions are answered and it's a great work. btw, mika's hints hepls me to kill shaper.
Last edited by RawDamage on Dec 1, 2017, 6:58:36 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info