[3.14] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, ✔️All Bosses Down, ✔️Necro, ✔️Elementalist

"
mika2salo wrote:

UPDATE

I just finished updating guide :
- Reworked style
- Reworked most of navigation structure
- Added some graphics
- Added "Shield Charge" as movement skill
- Changed minor Pantheon god

All-in-all guide should be more logical to read and nicer to look at. I will be adding lesser additional stuff in following days now that new layout is complete.

Ha, I was very confused this morning - I've been giving the build a test-drive in Mayhem as a lead-up to Abyss as everything's so cheap and plentiful (picked up Primordial Mights for ~18c) while referring back to the guide, and felt like I had Alzheimers when I kept looking in the wrong place.

To fit in the two-link Shield Charge setup, you've dropped Convocation from the low-level CWDT setup and Increased Duration from the high-level CWDT, correct? How difficult is it to move your minions around with the change?

Thanks for the very thorough guide & keeping everything updated :)
Someone knows if fire damage from golems count as burning damage at some point?

I'm playing in 10-days mayhem a scorching ray build that uses animate guardian with dual dyadus and when the guardian attacks, the damage from scorching ray is insane. If fire golems do burning damage, the bosses can be melted twice as fast with this build too.
Last edited by ByR on Nov 28, 2017, 6:16:31 AM
"
Haasts wrote:
"
mika2salo wrote:

UPDATE

I just finished updating guide :
- Reworked style
- Reworked most of navigation structure
- Added some graphics
- Added "Shield Charge" as movement skill
- Changed minor Pantheon god

All-in-all guide should be more logical to read and nicer to look at. I will be adding lesser additional stuff in following days now that new layout is complete.

Ha, I was very confused this morning - I've been giving the build a test-drive in Mayhem as a lead-up to Abyss as everything's so cheap and plentiful (picked up Primordial Mights for ~18c) while referring back to the guide, and felt like I had Alzheimers when I kept looking in the wrong place.

To fit in the two-link Shield Charge setup, you've dropped Convocation from the low-level CWDT setup and Increased Duration from the high-level CWDT, correct? How difficult is it to move your minions around with the change?

Thanks for the very thorough guide & keeping everything updated :)

Thx for support ^^

Yep, I dropped convo and Inc Dur to fit Shield charge. The change notes were kinda short as after 10h of guide updating I was too tired to write more detailed. I'll try to explain the changes :

Shield charge

When moving faster with Shield Charge, you become less dependent on minion movement speed or trying to guide them with spell totem to enemies. Basically you try to charge through or by pack of enemies and Golems will teleport right behind you. They will finish the pack behind you while you are already focusing on next pack. Drop sounds from good filter warn you if anything worthwhile drops.

Shield charge also lets you dodge boss mobes easier. Minotaurs burrow or Shaper smash are less deadly when you can just charge away while they are manifesting the hit.

Shield charge gains more speed by :
- Clayshapers attack speed (8-10%)
- Frenzy charges (12%)
- Onslaught flask (20% move / 20% attack)

Dropping Convo and inc dur

With no movement skill, the idea of convo was to teleport Golems next to you when you move near to pack of enemies and take even small hit. This worked fine, but is now pretty obsolete as with Shield Charge you can move around the pack and force Golems to teleport on you anyway.

Bone Offers function is to make sure that when you take big swing you can hit Rumis flask and not take other big hit immediately while moving to safety. Bone Offering already lasts 4-5 seconds alone, which is plenty of time to move to safety so inc dur can safely be removed.

Clearing maps is much faster with Shield Charge once you get used to moving with it. There is always risk of charging into dangerous pack if moving too fast or far, so some caution need to be taken.

"
Someone knows if fire damage from golems count as burning damage at some point?

I'm playing in 10-days mayhem a scorching ray build that uses animate guardian with dual dyadus and when the guardian attacks, the damage from scorching ray is insane. If fire golems do burning damage, the bosses can be melted twice as fast with this build too.

Hello :)

If Golems score critical hit, they will ignite the enemy. However the burning damage itself is really low and can be used to only finish trash mobs. Better source of burning damage are the Tukohama Vanguard specters as their totems do pure burning damage as they are using Scorching Ray also.

UPDATE
- Updated flask recommendations

Added "Silver Flask (Onslaught)" to boost movement speed with Shield Charge. Also added more information about what mods to look for in flasks.
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
Last edited by mika2salo on Nov 28, 2017, 7:55:26 AM
Something that may have been lost in the guide re-organisation - under the Gems -> Animated Guardian -> Melee Splash section, you write "Applies second curse with Animate Guardian. Explained later in "Skills, Tricks, Crafting and Boss killing -> Gear & Skills Explained -> Animate Guardian", but that section doesn't exist anymore under the new scheme, and under the new Item -> Animate Guardian Gear section, it's just the items with no text.

edit: Actually, while typing, I managed to find a cache of the previous version of the guide, so I'll cut and paste this here for my own reference:

"
Any gloves with specific corruption

Best Choice
We are using Animate Guardian to apply second curse called "Elemental Weakness" for us. This is done by taking "Whispers of Doom" skill point to give us ability to apply extra curse to enemies.

After this we can equip Animate Guardian with gloves that have "Curse enemies with level 10-12 Elemental Weakness on hit" corruption on them. When linked with "Melee splash" -Gem, Animate Guardian will apply the curse for multiple enemies at once instead of only 1 target.

"Curse enemies with level 10-12 Elemental Weakness on hit" is made by using Vaal Orb on any non-corrupted gloves and hoping for the line to appear. You can try corrupting it yourself, but chance to succeed is about 1:100 and Vaals Orbs are not very cheap. Its better to buy any gloves with the line from trade for few chaos instead of making them yourself.

Otherwise, L87 in Mayhem - hoping Presence of Chayula / Blessing of Chayulas will drop in price over the next few days, but otherwise happy with my non-jewellery gear - gems are L19ish and my Empower just hit L2 (used 20 GCPs and chucked in a Haku +quality offhand). I'm a little bit squishy/slight slower at boss-killing in T12-14 maps but that's probably due to not adjusting playstyle / not having Rumi's / doing 8-mod maps and yolo-ing Breaches / having five Invaders or Exiles on screen at once x_x
"
Haasts wrote:
Something that may have been lost in the guide re-organisation - under the Gems -> Animated Guardian -> Melee Splash section, you write "Applies second curse with Animate Guardian. Explained later in "Skills, Tricks, Crafting and Boss killing -> Gear & Skills Explained -> Animate Guardian", but that section doesn't exist anymore under the new scheme, and under the new Item -> Animate Guardian Gear section, it's just the items with no text.

edit: Actually, while typing, I managed to find a cache of the previous version of the guide, so I'll cut and paste this here for my own reference:

"
Any gloves with specific corruption

Best Choice
We are using Animate Guardian to apply second curse called "Elemental Weakness" for us. This is done by taking "Whispers of Doom" skill point to give us ability to apply extra curse to enemies.

After this we can equip Animate Guardian with gloves that have "Curse enemies with level 10-12 Elemental Weakness on hit" corruption on them. When linked with "Melee splash" -Gem, Animate Guardian will apply the curse for multiple enemies at once instead of only 1 target.

"Curse enemies with level 10-12 Elemental Weakness on hit" is made by using Vaal Orb on any non-corrupted gloves and hoping for the line to appear. You can try corrupting it yourself, but chance to succeed is about 1:100 and Vaals Orbs are not very cheap. Its better to buy any gloves with the line from trade for few chaos instead of making them yourself.

Otherwise, L87 in Mayhem - hoping Presence of Chayula / Blessing of Chayulas will drop in price over the next few days, but otherwise happy with my non-jewellery gear - gems are L19ish and my Empower just hit L2 (used 20 GCPs and chucked in a Haku +quality offhand). I'm a little bit squishy/slight slower at boss-killing in T12-14 maps but that's probably due to not adjusting playstyle / not having Rumi's / doing 8-mod maps and yolo-ing Breaches / having five Invaders or Exiles on screen at once x_x

Hey and thanks for checking the text for missing info! :)

The text was actually relocated to Gems -> Animate Guardian -> Details -> Gear -> Gloves, but that was hidden behind too many spoilers.

I cut down the navigation to :
Gems -> Animate Guardian

and added reference to where to find the info in both "Animate Guardian" gear section and in first part of "Animate Guardian" gem description.

Feedback like this makes guide improving so much easier ^^

I hope the race goes well for you! It seems like lot of fun and pretty chaotic with all stuff happening at same time. I would guess that maxing Temp Chains and Golems levels would be very good investments for speed and survival.

Nice trick with Haku mod on offhand ;)
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
Last edited by mika2salo on Nov 29, 2017, 6:54:57 AM
Heya Golexile here might remember me xD so should I buy that SOTL 2R 1G 3B or like you have in your gear, 3R 1G 2B? what are the right colors? since u got different colors :p also should I buy the SOTL first or presence?
"
romulopina wrote:
Heya Golexile here might remember me xD so should I buy that SOTL 2R 1G 3B or like you have in your gear, 3R 1G 2B? what are the right colors? since u got different colors :p also should I buy the SOTL first or presence?

Hello, can still remember you well ;)

There are some difference in both color combinations :

Controlled Destruction

Adds more damage to attacks but wont lower enemy resistance at all. If enemy has 50% fire res, only 50% of damage would go through. However Elemental Equilibrium(EE) drops enemies fire res by 50%, so resistance would be 0% and full added damage goes through. However if EE is not up or enemy has 75% or more fire res, only partition of damage would go through.

90% of the mobs have below 50% fire res and EE can drop them to minus resistance, so Controlled Destruction usually gives more damage. If you like active play-style and keep casting totem often you end with much more damage than with Fire Penetration.

Fire Penetration

Doesn't add any more damage to spell, but will let more damage through the resistances. If enemy has 50% fire res and EE is not up, 90% of damage would still go through. If EE is up and fire resistance drops the resistances to 0%, Fire penetration will lower the resistances below 0% to -40% and starts to add damage so it wont go to waste in any case.

If you like passive play-style and don't like casting totem or focus only killing endgame bosses, Fire Penetration can work better than Controlled Destruction.

Skin of the Loyal is much more important than Presence. It boosts both your and Golems survival and gives Golems nice damage bonus.
Last edited by mika2salo on Nov 29, 2017, 3:22:13 PM
"
mika2salo wrote:

Hello, can still remember you well ;)

There are some difference in both color combinations :

Controlled Destruction

Adds more damage to attacks but wont lower enemy resistance at all. If enemy has 50% fire res, only 50% of damage would go through. However Elemental Equilibrium(EE) drops enemies fire res by 50%, so resistance would be 0% and full added damage goes through. However if EE is not up or enemy has 75% or more fire res, only partition of damage would go through.

90% of the mobs have below 50% fire res and EE can drop them to minus resistance, so Controlled Destruction usually gives more damage. If you like active play-style and keep casting totem often you end with much more damage than with Fire Penetration.

Fire Penetration

Doesn't add any more damage to spell, but will let more damage through the resistances. If enemy has 50% fire res and EE is not up, 90% of damage would still go through. If EE is up and fire resistance drops the resistances to 0%, Fire penetration will lower the resistances below 0% to -40% and starts to add damage so it wont go to waste in any case.

If you like passive play-style and don't like casting totem or focus only killing endgame bosses, Fire Penetration can work better than Controlled Destruction.

Skin of the Loyal is much more important than Presence. It boosts both your and Golems survival and gives Golems nice damage bonus.

Awesome, ty! I just bought my SOTL few mins ago (3R 1G 2B) not corrupted for 78c!! my lucky day I guess :D also got a primo might on my tree already :)

can i play this build on occultist???
█▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀ ░ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀ ░ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀
█▄▄▀ █▄▄█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █▀▀ ░ █▄▄▀ █▄▄█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █▀▀ ░ █▄▄▀ █▄▄█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █▀▀
▀░▀▀ ▄▄▄█ █▀▀▀ ▀░░▀ ▀▀▀ ░ ▀░▀▀ ▄▄▄█ █▀▀▀ ▀░░▀ ▀▀▀ ░ ▀░▀▀ ▄▄▄█ █▀▀▀ ▀░░▀ ▀▀▀
Last edited by Ryphe on Sep 3, 2021, 10:31:47 PM
"
romulopina wrote:
Awesome, ty! I just bought my SOTL few mins ago (3R 1G 2B) not corrupted for 78c!! my lucky day I guess :D also got a primo might on my tree already :)

Np ^^

Gz in SotL, 78c was super cheap find.

If you later corrupt it and happen to get +1 level, you get nice 139 ex profit ;)

"
what theeee

can i play this MAGIC build on occultist???

Hey :)

Occultist is not the worst class to do the build :

+ Almost 1k extra ES
+ Non-stopping ES regen once it starts
+ 30% faster ES recharge rate
+ Free curse from ascendancy
+ (Theoretical) If you link totem with culling strike, you might get some chaos explosions or extra ES regen from kill effects

- About 20% lower total damage for Golems
- No block from offering
- 20% lower elemental resistances
- 21% lower chaos res

It's certainly doable and can work as more tanky variant of original build. Maybe swap Bone Offer to Flesh Offer to boost minions damage as you wont get the block for yourself anyway.
Last edited by mika2salo on Nov 29, 2017, 7:40:10 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info