[3.14] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, ✔️All Bosses Down, ✔️Necro, ✔️Elementalist

"
seanxjohnson wrote:
Hi all! I have been a long time Golemancer player and have made it in every league since it's inception. Eventually I got enthralled with SSF as it offered new challenges for me, as well as a more drawn out experience. I got fairly lucky in Legacy league and a Primordial Might dropped after I already had a few other Primordials. I instantly logged out, and hopped on my SRS char ready to respec into Golems. I became giddy at the thought of making my favorite build in SSF. I continued to get lucky, dropping various Primordials, and around the 2 month mark I got my second Might which solidified the build. While I put together most of this in Legacy league, I have gone back to it in SSF Standard (after Harbinger became stale) and put a bit more time into it. Below is everything I've put together thus far, and I'm proud to share it :]

Spoiler

I also have a full MF setup I can use

A more defensive amulet

Or a +1 curse Sidhebreath that I've used in conjunction with CWDT and proj weakness as my 3rd curse

Hello :)

Wow, you have sick gear for SSF build 0_o
I have found about 2x Harmonies total in my whole playtime, so you have some serious luck.

If your Golems start dying, you may want to roll few Cobalt jewels with "8-10% all elemental resistance for minions". At the moment you Golems have about 60% resistances in your aura radius and 40% without.

"
Grats Mika <3

Thanks! ^^

And thank you for great support ;)
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
Last edited by mika2salo on Nov 22, 2017, 6:22:50 PM
Congrats mister mika'100'salo (y) Good job ! by far <3
Ya'll think this armour would work well with this build?

Welcome to the 100 Club @mika.

How long has it taken you in standard to complete?

Gratz on this achievement.
"
Eathb wrote:

Red gets +1 level
'Summon Flame Golem'
'Empower'

Green +10% quality
'GMP' gets 5% cast speed

blue wont move
'minion damage'
'spell echo'
'controlled destruction'

Imo it's a good body armor with this +1 socket implicit (y)

i would say :
1: +1 Corrupted Skin of the Loyal
2: +1 Corrupted Dialla's Malefiction
3: +1 Corrupted Infernal Mantle

Your actual problem is just : you wont go anywhere with this colour setup ^^'
Last edited by kami_koi on Nov 23, 2017, 10:50:18 AM
"
kami_koi wrote:
Congrats mister mika'100'salo (y) Good job ! by far <3

"
Welcome to the 100 Club @mika.

How long has it taken you in standard to complete?

Gratz on this achievement.

Thanks a lot! ^^

And thank you also for support Kami ;)

It actually leveled to 100 in league. It took me couple of weeks as I chained shaped t14-15 maps till level 95 and from that point only Beachheads. I hosted about 80% of all BHs i ran, so that made leveling really fast as I didn't have to lurk for some party to start running rotas.

It takes about 50 rotas from lvl 95->100 or about 20 rotas 99->100. If you can buy enough BHs and are willing to host, there's still enough time to reach 100 if anyone else is interested ;)

"

"
Red gets +1 level
'Summon Flame Golem'
'Empower'

Green +10% quality
'GMP' gets 5% cast speed

blue wont move
'minion damage'
'spell echo'
'controlled destruction'

Imo it's a good body armor with this +1 socket implicit (y)

i would say :
1: +1 Corrupted Skin of the Loyal
2: +1 Corrupted Dialla's Malefiction
3: +1 Corrupted Infernal Mantle

Your actual problem is just : you wont go anywhere with this colour setup ^^'

The armor looks pretty good. It doesn't give as much ES as Sotl or Infernal Mantle, but gives enough extra levels to give max level Golems.

If I understand how the armor works, you can socket any colored gems in any sockets and only thing the socket color does, is give difference bonus. You have 2 red and 4 green, so it has perfect colors to give max level Golems and then add damage / cast bonus to all other sockets.

Link:
- Flame Golem (Red)
- Empower(Red)
- GMP(Green)
- Minion damage(Green)
- Echo(Green)
- Cont Dest(Green)

With those colors I would also rank Diallas over new Infernal Mantle. Not sure about good ES roll legacy Mantle vs Dialla.

The test with Shield charge is going really well. Movement speed is almost doubled without flask and clear speed is better as Golems teleport constantly behind you and kill enemies. No need to guide Golems to enemies with totem.

Only downside is that moving faster with movement skills can generate risky moves. Its easy to accidentally charge into pack of magic enemies and realize that only Temp Chains is keeping you alive.

I would be really happy if someone interested could test the links with maybe alternative items and report how he/she liked them :)

Test link are :

Gloves (all can be in 4 link)
CWDT(20) -> Bone Offering(20)
&
Shield Charge(1) -> Faster attack(20)

Shield
CWDT(1) -> Desecrate(1) -> Phase Run(1)

I recommend testing Shield charge with "Silver Flask" which gives Onslaught. This boosts both movement and attack speed, so the benefit for Shield charge speed is very nice.

More details can be found in earlier page.
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
Last edited by mika2salo on Nov 23, 2017, 8:13:17 PM
I was playing around (my char is public, flame golems is POE_Go) using
which btw is very insane for any summoner builds. +10% quality is just better than a +1 level for a lot of gems.

Cleared Shaper, Phoenix and Hydra easily.

Chimera would've been doable deathless if it weren't for the chaos damage which rips through my setup. Minotaur is kind of difficult but I had 1 death.

I basically went with mika2salo's setup, spending about ~50 regret orbs speccing to this.

It's a good all-round build that can do all content. My changes on gutfeel would be: having flesh offering/desecrate as manual cast rater than CWDT links. Add Val Discipline to this build as another defensive mechanism.

Min-maxing, I would try to get a Flesh Offering 21% enchant, which would give the most DPS boost IMO. When combined with Flesh Offering, the movement speed for you is so nice for mapping, especially in sync with Shield Charge.

Anyhow, a good build.
Last edited by Eathb on Nov 24, 2017, 2:16:40 AM
"
Eathb wrote:
I was playing around (my char is public, flame golems is POE_Go) using
which btw is very insane for any summoner builds. +10% quality is just better than a +1 level for a lot of gems.

Cleared Shaper, Phoenix and Hydra easily.

Chimera would've been doable deathless if it weren't for the chaos damage which rips through my setup. Minotaur is kind of difficult but I had 1 death.

I basically went with mika2salo's setup, spending about ~50 regret orbs speccing to this.

It's a good all-round build that can do all content. My changes on gutfeel would be: having flesh offering/desecrate as manual cast rater than CWDT links. Add Val Discipline to this build as another defensive mechanism.

Min-maxing, I would try to get a Flesh Offering 21% enchant, which would give the most DPS boost IMO. When combined with Flesh Offering, the movement speed for you is so nice for mapping, especially in sync with Shield Charge.

Anyhow, a good build.

Glad you like the build ^^

I checked your char and noticed some possible improvements.

Your using The Baron, but Flame Golems cant use STR bonus as it only affects physical damage. You could link Iron will to Golems links, but that would give less damage than any other support gem atm.

You also don't seem to be using Animated Guardian to apply your second curse.

If you like Flesh Offer for movement and don't use AG, you could try next links :

Scorching Ray -> Cast when channeling -> Flesh Offering -> Elemental Weakness/Projectile Weakness

Storm Burst -> Cast when channeling -> Flesh Offering -> Elemental Weakness/Projectile Weakness

With Scorching Ray you can apply -24% fire res debuff to enemies while keep casting flesh offering and second curse. Flesh Offering, frenzy charges and onslaught flask will give you nice cast speed boost to apply high stack of debuff. You need to use spell totem to get Elemental Equilibrium bonus though.

Storm Burst applies EE instead of totem, so you can free spell totem links if you wanted to.

You could get Vertex with flame golem 40% damage or flesh offering enhance. Temp Chains is best socketed in vertex with +1 level and any cast while channeling setup can be linked in boots.
Last edited by mika2salo on Nov 24, 2017, 4:34:38 AM
Im thinking of going your build.

I have gone over it, and I am thinking of changing CWDT bone offering setup to self cast bone offering and self cast flamability. Then getting a 3rd curse through doedre ring.

Do you think it would be a good idea, it is mainly for boss killing.

edit: Also why is this not using a mix of golems like the elementalist version (4fire +1ice +1cold)?

Last edited by Empire_ on Nov 26, 2017, 11:21:27 PM
"
Im thinking of going your build.

I have gone over it, and I am thinking of changing CWDT bone offering setup to self cast bone offering and self cast flamability. Then getting a 3rd curse through doedre ring.

Do you think it would be a good idea, it is mainly for boss killing.

edit: Also why is this not using a mix of golems like the elementalist version (4fire +1ice +1cold)?

Glad to hear your interested!

For the 3rd curse, endgame bosses have 80% curse effectiveness reduction and you may even roll 60% less curse effectiveness or hexproof in maps. Investing heavily into curses doesn't seems like very beneficial. Animated Guardian is almost free second curse as you don't have to take mana reduction nodes, so its pretty good to take.

For the 4x same Golems vs 4+1+1 mix, I have done lots of testing with Pob and practical tests and have not found significant increase of damage by doing that. Necromancer gets so much minion damage form ascendancy nodes that its equal to +1 Golems from Elementalist. Golems also seem to behave better with frenzy charges on as they really need as much speed as they can without sacrificing from damage.

I also like running only 1 type of Golems as that means all Golems are doing damage. If you run 6x Flame Golems and one golem gets stuck in wall somewhere it is just 17% lost damage, while if you have 4+1+1 and one golems lost in wall you lose 25% of total damage. With 3x Golems losing one is even worse.

Ofc all of this is just my own preference. It's best to test yourself and see which config you like the most ;)

UPDATE

I just finished updating guide :
- Reworked style
- Reworked most of navigation structure
- Added some graphics
- Added "Shield Charge" as movement skill
- Changed minor Pantheon god

All-in-all guide should be more logical to read and nicer to look at. I will be adding lesser additional stuff in following days now that new layout is complete.
Last edited by mika2salo on Nov 27, 2017, 6:40:17 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info