[3.14] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, ✔️All Bosses Down, ✔️Necro, ✔️Elementalist

"
alexvasi2003 wrote:
:) sei di Salò

Not surewhat that means but, thanks? ;)

"
Ty for the update

Golems here we go !!

Hey :)

Np, pretty hyped about league with multiple class choices for Golems myself also!

"
Sorry, fixed:

Necro Flame Golems + TV Spectres
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzMdVqOX91k
Necro Flame Golems + Solar Guards
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCNvX4O_oqI
Ele Flame Golems
https://youtu.be/s9WAO3WV3Zs
Ele Flame Golems + TV Spectres
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9WAO3WV3Zs
edit: wrong link. here's the correct one:
https://youtu.be/GKQycAfOpEU

Here's another Ele Flame Golem build with better damage than the one above:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXPnz6sgV4U

Also my build:
https://youtu.be/V5J6UGpJlU8
(not really a fair comparison, since it's almost totally min-maxed for offense, but just for reference and to show what is possible with golems only)

From what I've seen, damage seems to be significantly better on golem+spectre hybrid Necros than most pure golem Eles, but not overwhelmingly so. Definitely not 3-4x better. And I have yet to see anybody try Ele with 4+1+1 golems and 3 Spectre in a burning helm. I suspect Ele's +golem/Harmony advantage and Necro's Soul Weaver advantage would cancel each other out in that case.

Yep, Golems + Specs are still faster than pure Golems. It doesn't matter that much when Shaper phase kill time is 20 sec vs 40 sec compared to lot of other builds, but faster is always faster. Can you test your build with TV specs in helmet and Lightning Golems using Elementalist after 3.20 patch? Would be nice to see the results ;)

"
As for a comparison list, I think we've gone over this before and established that our opinions differ on this. But here you go: I think for 3.1 and earlier the only real difference for Ele vs. Necro golem builds is access to Self-Offerings. Both Ascendancies have resistances nodes, but none of them matter since both can overcap without too much difficulty through gear (including chaos res). Minion DPS nodes on the Necro Ascendancy are less than what Harmony bonus can produce on a 4+1+1 Ele, but sensible Ele's tone down the offense for more defense/EHP, so the difference isn't that big in practice. Quality/utility of nodes in the context of a complete build is a better comparison than the quantity of "useful" individual nodes.

In 3.2, it's still a bit early to say, but I would estimate that a pure golem Ele should be able to match or exceed a hybrid golem/spectre Necro in terms of DPS. A hybrid golem/spectre Ele would probably widen the gap.

As I've said before, I like both Ascendancies and think both can be strong choices. Players can do all content and have fun regardless of which one they choose. No need to worry about whether you've picked a "weak" class in this case. I actually went with Necro most of last league because Spirit Offering has good synergy with both the class and melee Ice Golems. It didn't necessarily match some sort of Ascendancy or Build Ranking, but it matched what I wanted to do.

Very good points. I agree that as pure golems, Ele and Necro deal about the same damage at least in 3.10. Necro had advantage in defense in my opinion with Offerings, but rightly build Ele with experienced player was working just as good.

I wish you are true and new Ele can break Golems + Spec combo in raw damage with new boosts, but I'm afraid that the Soul Weaver + TVs is still too strong to beat with pure Golems. Ill be waiting for your results.

Both are good classes and the gap just got less wide with Ascendancy boost. The Pseudo 6-7l helmets also make Specs available for other Ascendancy classes than just Necro, so I hope to see Necro, Ele, Occultist, Scion and maybe even Guardian Golem + Spec hybrids this league ^^

Please remember that Animate Guardian can be equipped with 2x Dyadus and Icetomb to boost TVs burning damage by another 150%. This with Soul Weaver makes TVs just brutal compared to pure Golems.

"
I don't recommend playing pure golems on Ele using a Nec tree (maybe I misunderstand you here). It's inefficent and will gimp both your DPS and EHP. If you intend to go AG/golem/specs on Ele, then yeah, go for it. Non-golem damage will be lower of course, but golem damage will be higher.

Regarding TV specs themselves, I'm kinda on the fence still. They hit really hard of course, but at the cost of clearspeed. Are they trivializing content? Yeah, I guess that might be a legitimate claim. At the same time, I feel like Shaper/Elder items are a much bigger power creep alarm.

Edit: Actually, nvm. Looks like Spectres+Whatever Necros will dominate everything again :P
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2094074/

This is partually true, but remember that minion nodes also give nice boost to cast speed for Golems. Especially when cooldown is bugged, you want to make sure Golems can cast as soon as they can. You can also use Eminences, but that would eat sockets from Harmonies, so minion nodes give nice balance with damage and cast speed.

I agree with elder helmets being pretty op, but I have to say 3x TV specs melted Shaper even in 4link boots. Most of the damage actually comes from 3 first links, and gems 5 and 6 are just small bonus. They are OP at boss killing but have terrible clear speed, so that "might" balance them.

The linked build looks pretty fun meme build :D However I don't think the clear speed will be very high.

"
Hey man...just wanted to say Ive modeled off your builds for the last few patches/expansions and always on the money.

This build tho... is the best build for necro I have ever played. And Ive played em all, almost.

Nvr leveled a marauder, scion, Templar, slayer to end game. Main witches, then hunters than rogues*

Notes on the build:
The interaction of channeling desecrate with bone offering is legit for survivability. Ill add that I swap out for flesh offering when farming maps and pop it back in for boss fights. Adding tukos as spectres provides you that single target dps the flame golems lack.

All in all its a fast build and once I hit 6kes itll be a tank killer

Thanks for all you do

Chris

Hello and thanks for support ^^

I was surprised myself after all tweaking at how much more raw damage and defense this version has compared to the last one. Non-boss enemies can't deal almost any damage with Temp Chains and block chance up, and TV Specs melt bosses in seconds. I have received awfully lot of useful feedback and ideas from guide followers, so big thanks goes to players also ;)

I played first 2 years as Totems only, so still haven't tried all classes myself also XD

Cast while Channeling combo has been pretty fun to use and can spam any offering while saving slots from spell totem. Best gloves for the combo would have "faster casting" and "chance to blind" supports to make them 6-link. The chance to blind support also grants global chance to blind, which should let any minion to blind also. Haven't tested it myself, but heard about if from the guild.

Gl on the league and hoping to see you there o/

"
Should I rush to Soul Weaver when leveling?

Hello :)

I would take Mistress Of Sacrifice to get block chance up first. This ensures your safety and minimizes deaths. At level 54 you can equip "Daresso's Courage" shield which gives you very nice chance to block both attacks and spells.

Specters are quite tough and deal tons of damage if you can summon them from high tier maps. Just lurk /global 6666 for offers to get high tier Specters from leftover portals.

"
this biuild vaible on hc?

Hi :)

I don't play HC at all, so I have absolutely no idea how to tweak guide for it. However some players have been playing it in HC and reached over 90+ levels, so maybe check search for their build variants?

"
Thank you for great build. I can play PoE on a whole different level then before.

Thanks for the support! ^^
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
Last edited by mika2salo on Mar 2, 2018, 5:37:45 AM
Hello!

In your videos, displaying the new setup. is this as a Necro or as an Occultist? I guess Necro, because of the neck?

Thanks for a great guide!

"
mOthaOgre wrote:
Hello!

In your videos, displaying the new setup. is this as a Necro or as an Occultist? I guess Necro, because of the neck?

Thanks for a great guide!

Thanks for support ^^

I actually recorded only one Chimera run with Occultist and one video about regen stacking. Rest are with default Necromancer, but I forgot to name the videos and show the Ascendancy. I added info about Ascendancy to the video names, thx for notice ;)
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
Hi,
Thanks for the build its really helpfull when u start the game!

I have some questions:

-For end game (85+) and final set up we use Fire Golem + Tukohama's Vanguards/Solar Guard alright?
But is there a difference for build and items/gems if we use TV or SG?

-For levelling (1 - 85) what are the best spectres?
first you see 1. flame sentinel
second 2. TV
third 3. SG
SG best for fast leveling imho
░███░░█░░███░█░█░░░███░███░░░█▀▀░█░█░█░█░░░█▀▀░
░█▄█░█▄█░░█░░███░░░█░█░█▄░░░░█▀░░▐█▌░█░█░░░█▀░░
░█░░░█░█░░█░░█░█░░░███░█░░░░░███░█░█░█░███░███░
Ok thanks for the advice
I'm a bit anxious this is my first league start lol
That price for corrupted chayula amulet with 1 additional curse... over 180+ex
Cant get how you get working 3 auras? There is not enough mana to reserve it weakness+chains+discipline
Last edited by Enigmer on Mar 2, 2018, 3:56:45 PM
"
Elocau wrote:
Hi,
Thanks for the build its really helpfull when u start the game!

I have some questions:

-For end game (85+) and final set up we use Fire Golem + Tukohama's Vanguards/Solar Guard alright?
But is there a difference for build and items/gems if we use TV or SG?

-For levelling (1 - 85) what are the best spectres?

"
first you see 1. flame sentinel
second 2. TV
third 3. SG
SG best for fast leveling imho

"
Ok thanks for the advice
I'm a bit anxious this is my first league start lol

Hello :)

Yep, endgame is 4x Golems + 3x Tukohamas. Golems clear and Tukohamas kill bosses and rares.

Order is as mentioned Flame Sentinel -> Tukohama -> Solar Guards.

SGs are best for clearing before you get Golemsm, then switch Specs to Tukohamas.

Stack regen on minions early levels, try to get high level specs from high tier maps and update gear from trade once in a while. Have fun and good luck in league ;)

"
That price for corrupted chayula amulet with 1 additional curse... over 180+ex
Cant get how you get working 3 auras? There is not enough mana to reserve it weakness+chains+discipline

+1 curse Chayula price increased when they mentioned that Breach is removed from Zana mods. Paid 100 ex for it, which is pretty long time savings, but was worth it ^^ It's not needed for the build to funcion ofc, but saves some skill nodes.

With all the mana reduction from the skill tree, there is barely enough mana to activate all auras / curses and still use movement skill + Storm Burst. It works good when you have taken last mana reduction, but cant activate all curses + Discipline right away while leveling.

UPDATE

Occultist as Golemancer

My theory about Occultist being viable Golemancer was correct. The chaos explosions from dying monsters clear whole packs at once and ES regen sits at 20%+ per sec constantly. Hexproof in maps is just free quantity and boss kill damage is great.

Heres quick video about Occultist post 3.20 running T16 map :

https://youtu.be/kQqJPB-YMfo
Last edited by mika2salo on Mar 2, 2018, 6:54:12 PM
Loved this build in 3.1, regret that I didnt start with it earlier than I did so will def pick this one up again in this league :)

But I have a question thats not about the build to you Mika, just watched that latest youtube vid here and your game looks so crisp! Do you use anything in particular to get the graphics looking so good? :O
Hey guys which shield is Mika talking about when he says:

"Regeneration :
2,5% from the skill-tree (1% and 1,5%)
10% from early leveling items (6% from shield, 2% from amulet, 2% from helmet)"

How does he get 6% minion health regen from the shield? The springleaf only gives 3% with the necromantic aegis passive

Edit: Figured it out
Last edited by shoxx1 on Mar 2, 2018, 9:22:38 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info