[3.14] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, ✔️All Bosses Down, ✔️Necro, ✔️Elementalist

Elementalist or Occultist? Which one is late game overall better this league :thinking:
Has the Solar guards been renamed 'Solar Elementals'?

Cant seem to find them in solaris temple act 8.

Edit: Dont worry it took ages but i found them! ty
Last edited by Cliftonius_17 on Mar 5, 2018, 7:48:36 PM
I am really not feeling the storm burst change... does anyone know if I can incorporate totem again to do -res for me.

I also play HC so wondering if I can do immortal call and CWDT at all?
"
Aboly wrote:
I just noticed Bones of Ullr boot does not have +1 level anymore. are you using the same boot?
Can you also post a elementalist passive tree. I am not sure if it worth it to get minnion life/resist as elementalist.

Hello :)

I'm using the same +1 boots on my lvl 100 char, maybe you checked wrong class as I switch it between Necro and Occultist atm.

I'm traveling till weekend so cant access Pob or record anything till then, but the tree is pretty much :
https://tinyurl.com/yc2kc39t

Golems are immune to elemental damage, Specters are capped with minion res support, but Animate Guardian needs the 16% ele res node to cap. The "Herd of the flock" has minion regen and damage nodes near it, so the save is 1 point and dropping AG to save it would drop Specters regen by 6% as AG wont be creating Concecrated Ground on block for them.

I will probably check 5+1+1 pure Golem variant of Elementalist next weekend when I get back home. It will deal much lower damage than current Elementast with Specs, but will have immunity to shock, burn, free, chill and bleed.

"
Elementalist or Occultist? Which one is late game overall better this league :thinking:

Hi :)

Depends on what you want to play.

Necro is strongest and safest, easiest on gear, best single target DPS (easy)

Occultist has best clear speed with chaos explosions and massive ES regen. It's best to play when you want maximal clear-speed. (medium)

Elementalist has most shooting Golems, so single target DPS and clear-speed falls between Necro and Occultist. Lack of defensive nodes from Ascendancy makes it hardes to play (medium)

Overall the Occultists chaos explosions may be problem when catching beasts. It is however best class if focusing only on clear speed skipping boss fights and not capturing beasts at all. It can clear most maps in very short time as mobs dying start chain reactions clearing screens at movement speed. Occultist can deal with all bosses easily, but has slightly slower kill speed compared to Necro and Ele.

"
Has the Solar guards been renamed 'Solar Elementals'?

Cant seem to find them in solaris temple act 8.

Edit: Dont worry it took ages but i found them! ty

Glad it worked out ^^

"
I am really not feeling the storm burst change... does anyone know if I can incorporate totem again to do -res for me.

I also play HC so wondering if I can do immortal call and CWDT at all?

Hey :)

You can still use Spell Totem -> Ball Lightning -> Gmp. This however requires you to drop active Offerings or self cast them with Desecrate. With CWDT -> desecrate, CWDT -> Offering you had to take lot of damage to get the first effect of the Offering.

Storm Burst is not best way to spread EE among pack of enemies, but it maximizes utility of Offerings under only 1 button with triggering EE and routing minions to wanted location.

Cwdt + Immortal Call should work fine, but keep at least 10 level difference to other CWDT if you are using any. This makes sure that they dont trigger at same damage threshold and once cancels other.
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
Last edited by mika2salo on Mar 6, 2018, 4:59:25 AM
Hello,

Just got my Primordial Might & Anima stone so rocking 6 golems as an Elementalist. May change to occultist if my gear ever gets that good.

Just a quick question with regards to EE interaction.

I am planning on using a MF setup for the start of the league including Sadima's gloves that add fire and lightning damage to "attacks".

My understanding is that using them will mean if I shield charge and hit mobs they will become fire resistant (not good). However using a spell like ball lightning to apply EE should still be ok??

I'm currently using a ball lightning / curse on hit setup which I'm hoping I can continue to use to proc EE, Flammability & Ele Weakness for the really tanky mobs like the "red" beasts.

If necessary I can un-spec EE when I switch to the Sadima's but I'm hoping I won't need to.

Thanks for any help / clarification :)
So I just wanted to give a PSA to the elementalist Golemancers:

The 20% shock ascendancy does not seem to require to hit the minimum shock threshhold.

I was able to reliably shock guardians and shaper with my Scorching ray-Arc-Innvervate-cast while channeling on top of applied EE against lightning resistences.

With 50% shock chance that was pretty reliable to keep up.

Hello! I was wondering I want to buy a shield. I am an occultist golemancer. Should I buy one with high spell damage, crit chance for spells and cast speed? Do these stats affect the golem considering I'll take Necromantic Aegis?
Last edited by marcyves1 on Mar 6, 2018, 11:57:19 AM
Hey Mika, thanks for updating your guide for 3.2! I've been meaning to give your golem build a shot for a while now, and I figured I'd start the league off in Bestiary with it. Leveling went very smoothly with SRS, Zombies, and Spectres. I kept Spectres until level 86 where I made the swap to golems. I also just happened to be able to afford the big pieces around then.

Spoiler

My goals right now are:

1. Get better gems, and start leveling Empower/Enhance
2. Replace my Tabula with a +1 Tabula, eventually Skin of the Loyal (though I haven't seen any with the colors I need so far)
3. Find better rares

In any case, I just wanted to post an update here and get your opinion. What do you think I should work on next? I'm far from the optimal build (because I'm broke) but, at least I can map in high tier yellow maps and low tier red maps.

Again, thanks for the guide Mika, it's great. And thanks for your replies on this guide!
Hi guys

I was wondering if someone can check my tree because maybe im doing something wrong i dont know

My actual tree, level 81 (pure life build )

https://pastebin.com/uVf0LbdU

My goal level 90 (i hope with better gear xD ) 4 fire golems, 1 ice and 1 lightning

https://pastebin.com/W4kdd6dX

Ty all
"
DrHarvey12 wrote:
Hello,

Just got my Primordial Might & Anima stone so rocking 6 golems as an Elementalist. May change to occultist if my gear ever gets that good.

Just a quick question with regards to EE interaction.

I am planning on using a MF setup for the start of the league including Sadima's gloves that add fire and lightning damage to "attacks".

My understanding is that using them will mean if I shield charge and hit mobs they will become fire resistant (not good). However using a spell like ball lightning to apply EE should still be ok??

I'm currently using a ball lightning / curse on hit setup which I'm hoping I can continue to use to proc EE, Flammability & Ele Weakness for the really tanky mobs like the "red" beasts.

If necessary I can un-spec EE when I switch to the Sadima's but I'm hoping I won't need to.

Thanks for any help / clarification :)

You are right on both that Shield Charge will trigger unwanted EE effect with fire damage added to attacks and that Lightning spells can still be used to apply EE.

I would myself run curses on Blasphemy as its simply more effective as Temp Chain will keep you always safe and Ele Weak always apply damage around you, but I assume you use curse on hit to slow / curse enemes father away.

"
So I just wanted to give a PSA to the elementalist Golemancers:

The 20% shock ascendancy does not seem to require to hit the minimum shock threshhold.

I was able to reliably shock guardians and shaper with my Scorching ray-Arc-Innvervate-cast while channeling on top of applied EE against lightning resistences.

With 50% shock chance that was pretty reliable to keep up.

Hey :)

Thanks for the info!

Very interesting update. I will test it as soon as I come back home next weekend. This would mean that Elementalist would finally have all useful Ascendancy nodes. ^^

"
Hello! I was wondering I want to buy a shield. I am an occultist golemancer. Should I buy one with high spell damage, crit chance for spells and cast speed? Do these stats affect the golem considering I'll take Necromantic Aegis
?

You have at least 2 main choises for the shield as Occultist :

1 ) Defense

You drop Necro Aegis and focus on your own protection. You will get nice block chance, but cant reliably rely on it as much as Necro. Your own spell damage s also minimal so any crit chance or spell damage in shield would go to waste. I would get as high ES and HP on shield as possible and maybe resistances. Stack shield defenses on EHP (HP + ES) rather than maximizing block.

2 ) Offense

If you use Necro Aegis, only real option outside it some high tier bosses is Victarios Charity. The boost to minions is huge and minion get nice chance to block. You have to kite well, as your block will be close to zero if not for Rumis flask.

"
Hey Mika, thanks for updating your guide for 3.2! I've been meaning to give your golem build a shot for a while now, and I figured I'd start the league off in Bestiary with it. Leveling went very smoothly with SRS, Zombies, and Spectres. I kept Spectres until level 86 where I made the swap to golems. I also just happened to be able to afford the big pieces around then.

SpoilerShow

My goals right now are:

1. Get better gems, and start leveling Empower/Enhance
2. Replace my Tabula with a +1 Tabula, eventually Skin of the Loyal (though I haven't seen any with the colors I need so far)
3. Find better rares

In any case, I just wanted to post an update here and get your opinion. What do you think I should work on next? I'm far from the optimal build (because I'm broke) but, at least I can map in high tier yellow maps and low tier red maps.

Again, thanks for the guide Mika, it's great. And thanks for your replies on this guide!

Hey and thanks for support ^^

Gz on extemely nice gear!

You might have swapped few gems in accident as your Golems have Increased burning damage support and Specters have Spell Echo. You should swap them and basic links will be ok ;)

I can add quick list about upgrades in vague priority order :

Offense

Bost Golems level as soon high as possible
- Try to buy Flame Golem 21/0 corrupted or 20/20 corrupted
- Try to get skin of the loyal (2r2g2b version should be 20-30c in week or two if comparing to earlier leagues, uses slower proj instead of cont dest or fire pene)
- Try to get Empower 3 corrupted as soon as you get Skin of the Loyal (+1 to gems really helps in it)

Boost curses effect
- Try to look for +1 level of socketed items boots / gloves
- Try to get Corrupted enhance 2/3 and link it with Temp Chains (Boost is HUGE)

Small boost to Specs
- AS you are Necro that gets "Soul Weaver" you can get 6l pseudolink with minion and burning damage. Life is very nice buy Necros Specs can tank even Shaper without.

Defense
- Try to buy / self-craft Crystal Belt with high ES / HP and res (I have tutorial in guide for crafting and wanted mods, check "faq")

Misc
- Make sure Desecrate is before Bone Offer in channel links. Now links first cast (empty) bone offer and then desecrate to feed next offer. (cast order is always left-up->right-up->right-down, etc)
- Consider Ele Weak as curse. It scales very nicely with Enhance and boosts damage massively. Imho, much better than Haste

Overall looks pretty good :)
You have almost all big pieces and should easily do all endgame when you get Skin of the Loyal, get curses with Enhance running and boost GOlems level up ;)

"
Hi guys

I was wondering if someone can check my tree because maybe im doing something wrong i dont know

My actual tree, level 81 (pure life build )

https://pastebin.com/uVf0LbdU

My goal level 90 (i hope with better gear xD ) 4 fire golems, 1 ice and 1 lightning

https://pastebin.com/W4kdd6dX

Ty all

Life based build really makes commenting harder. I tinkered with it and come to conclusion that EHP (HP + ES) would be too low and to many jewel sockets lost, but your build seems to have ok number of jewels. I cant access Pob before weekend with my tablet, so cant see real values.

I recommend running Temp Chains in Blasphemy and linked to Enhance while taking (20% worth) curse effectiveness nodes. Its the most OP defense in the game imho and it should easily carry you to level 90.

Getting Flame Golem 20/20 corrupted or 21/0 corrupted would be top priority, as it would boost Golems damage a lot. Shorter fights means less time kiting boss and faster levels.

I wish I could give some valuable tips to very different config :)
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
Last edited by mika2salo on Mar 6, 2018, 7:20:32 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info