"
karbit93 wrote:
hi, thanks for this build, amazing.

I have one question.

Elementalist has one passiv skill: Pendulum of Destruction
"Gain 75% increased Area of Effect for 5 seconds
Gain 75% increased Elemental Damage for 5 seconds"
[...] for 5 second.

In what situations is it activated for 5 seconds?, when i attacking or golems?
Hey there, thanks! It only applies to your own spells. No direct impact on golem damage. The only situation I can see this having a notable impact is if you're playing a hybrid Golems+Self-cast/attack build.

"
Melanholic7 wrote:
im curious which golem build is stronger - light or flame golems^^
They're about the same. Both clear well and boss decently. You can suss out minor differences once you've played them both, but the difference isn't as drastic as Essence Drain vs. Blade Flurry, for example.

One of the main reasons I prefer Lightning has nothing to do with DPS or anything like that. It's about the lesser degree of graphical/particle spam onscreen, which is both safer for HC and less annoying on the eyes.
⚡ Lightning Golems:
/1902593
⛄ Ice Golems:
/1914382
Last edited by tomatopotato on Mar 10, 2018, 8:54:23 AM
Thanks for answer.
So Point on left side ascendacy Tree will be Better?
I only looks for golems make strong.
"
karbit93 wrote:
Thanks for answer.
So Point on left side ascendacy Tree will be Better?
I only looks for golems make strong.
For Lightning Golems, it's kinda hard to take advantage of the new Beacon of Ruin. You have to give up Avatar of Fire to get the easy 20% shock, which means it'll be a pain to maintain an Elemental Equilibrium debuff (or else you have to sacrifice a lotta EHP to wear Three Dragons). While the Shocking/Ele Conflux will help, the buff is only up less than half the time. I prefer to not have to think about it. I'd still probably go for Paragon, cast speed, and have one leftover/throwaway node.
⚡ Lightning Golems:
/1902593
⛄ Ice Golems:
/1914382
Last edited by tomatopotato on Mar 11, 2018, 10:58:03 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGVOKY8dgEA

Very relaxed 3.2 Shaper kill with this build with just your average shav instead of skin. Damage is definitely bigger than in previous leagues however ramp up time is still there, this is a go to golem build for Shaper/Elder/Uber atziri farming but everything else dies before lightning golems unleash their true potential.

EHP feels just fine to make minor positioning mistakes and get punished for them without dying and you can stick in blasphemy TC for chill one hand clearing and just cancel it for bosses for double curse CoH.
Hey man, thanks for the build guide. Just a quick question, why aren't you getting any minion nodes on the tree? Is the minion damage not worth it, even though you're right next them?
ign Exdunn
Last edited by Exdunn on Mar 11, 2018, 3:56:28 PM
"
Exdunn wrote:
Hey man, thanks for the build guide. Just a quick question, why aren't you getting any minion nodes on the tree? Is the minion damage not worth it, even though you're right next them?

The amount of damage you get by each jewel node makes it so it's more or less always more efficient to path to more jewel nodes instead of taking minion damage ones. Even if they are "right there" as you say it's still usually 1 out of 3 or 4 points that could go towards another jewel socket
"
tomatopotato wrote:
"
Swede67 wrote:
...with 24% minion taunt on hit to boot... Not sure what the future of Abyssal jewels are once the league has closed, they have pretty much killed all other jewels and belts...
Nah, my fault again for not reading carefully. Now that I've stopped derping (hopefully), what you suggest might be best in slot:

Ghastly Eye Jewel:
Prefix #1 Life
Prefix #2 ES
Suffix #1 Minion Taunt
Suffix #2 mod of choice (probably resists)
So I had another look at the affix list and it seems as though the Taunt mod is for Hits with Attacks. Doesn't work with Spells unfortunately :(

"
IMBrewmaster wrote:

Very relaxed 3.2 Shaper kill with this build with just your average shav instead of skin. Damage is definitely bigger than in previous leagues however ramp up time is still there, this is a go to golem build for Shaper/Elder/Uber atziri farming but everything else dies before lightning golems unleash their true potential.

EHP feels just fine to make minor positioning mistakes and get punished for them without dying and you can stick in blasphemy TC for chill one hand clearing and just cancel it for bosses for double curse CoH.
Cool, glad it worked out for you. Also, holy crap, you're already at level 100?! We're like just a little over a week into the league I think? Congrats :O

"
Exdunn wrote:
Yep. Basically what allana said.

If you're running at least 3 golem types, it's almost always better to spend those 3-4 points on a jewel socket instead, even if the nodes before the socket are wasted. The only cluster worth considering is Gravepact and only if the next closest jewel socket is 5+ nodes away (or you just have 1 point leftover and no more worthwhile EHP nodes to grab). (Also, the Minion Leech node in that cluster is worth more than 2% regen on a Harmony jewel I believe.)
⚡ Lightning Golems:
/1902593
⛄ Ice Golems:
/1914382
Last edited by tomatopotato on Mar 14, 2018, 10:45:34 AM
"
IMBrewmaster wrote:

Hey Brew,

I followed your Hybrid RF build last league and loved it. Now your trying on golemancer and make me want to try the build also. Just wanted to say keep up the good work.
"
IMBrewmaster wrote:

Congratz on lvl 100, any tips for the grind to 100 with this build? :3

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info