Lightning Golem Crescendo ♫ All Content / HC Focused / Not Casual-Friendly

Thanks for guide, uber elder done with this build pretty easy
3.3 Changes

Overall nothing major.

re: Primordial Harmony fix
① 3.2 Harmonies gave extra unintended cooldown (via cooldown stat #1)
② GGG is removing that unintended cooldown in 3.3 (nerf)
③ GGG is giving back that cooldown by boosting cooldown stat #2 (buff)
④ Overall effect: no nerf/no buff

This might be considered a small indirect buff, since perfect or well-rolled Harmonies should theoretically be more common/cheaper (higher odds of hitting max roll for a single 30-45% stat, than to hit max rolls for 20-30% and 10-15% consecutively).

re: secondary skills
Ball Lightning, one of the recommended curse appliers for this build gets a slight buff with more AOE and projectile speed.

Discipline and Vaal Discipline get folded into one gem, opening up space for Decoy Totem, or (Vaal) Lightning Trap, or whatever you want.

Same for (Vaal) Immortal Call, giving the build an instance of invulnerability.

re: new corruptions
I didn't see anything too crazy regarding helpful corruptions for this build. The ability to get all white sockets would be nice QOL. For Jewels, it looks like you can't corrupt them for +1-3% chaos resistance anymore. Instead, you can get one of the following new (I think?) results:

Minions deal (4–5)% increased Damage
Corrupted Blood cannot be inflicted on you
You cannot be Hindered
You cannot be Maimed
1% reduced Mana Reserved

It's also possible to get corruptions for +ES% or +Life% on gear too.

Seems like a buff.

re: other stuff
① Added a few more details I forgot to include previously in various sections for those interested in min/maxing even more (i.e. gear, Leo LVL 3 craft, etc.).

② Added a TL;DR in the Gems section for people that don't care about the details and just want to Plug'N'Play without reading a novel.

③ No EE rework yet.

④ Also, I'm planning to skip this league and take a break. Will still lurk/check the thread in case anybody has questions though.

"
narckoman wrote:
Thanks for guide, uber elder done with this build pretty easy
Awesome, congrats ☆(b ̄_ ̄)b
⚡ Lightning Golems:
/1902593
⛄ Ice Golems:
/1914382
Last edited by tomatopotato on Jun 10, 2018, 5:38:01 AM
One last video before I sign off for a bit:

Uber Elder

Have fun in Incursion everybody ♫
⚡ Lightning Golems:
/1902593
⛄ Ice Golems:
/1914382
Last edited by tomatopotato on Jun 11, 2018, 10:48:13 AM
So whats the deal with the new wands? Drop the clayshapers, drop the firgolem, drop the icegolem. run 2x wands with a total of 180% or probably 160% increased damage, don't know how expensive they are. Is that a bigger damage boost? Probably Stack less eminence jewels, 1 or two extra might jewels for the golem life. Maybe a few more Harmony jewels instead of the eminence jewels I've been running for the regen?
Last edited by Zeusolympus on Jun 5, 2018, 10:03:25 AM
"
Zeusolympus wrote:
So whats the deal with the new wands? Drop the clayshapers, drop the firgolem, drop the icegolem. run 2x wands with a total of 180% or probably 160% increased damage, don't know how expensive they are.

Probably not. As far as I know, the new +minion damage mod only appears on 2-handers, not wands. Let's pretend you can dual wield them on wands though.

Consider that with a 5.1.1 setup, you'll have like +700-1000% Increased Damage, so basically 8-11x damage factor. Multiply that by 5 main golems and you get 40-55x.

If you drop 2 Clayshapers for theoretical wands with +150% each, that gives you +1000-1300% Increased Damage (11-14x). But now, your setup is only 3 main golems, so your total damage factor is only 33-40x.

Yeah, I dun think it's worth it.
⚡ Lightning Golems:
/1902593
⛄ Ice Golems:
/1914382
"
tomatopotato wrote:
"
Zeusolympus wrote:
So whats the deal with the new wands? Drop the clayshapers, drop the firgolem, drop the icegolem. run 2x wands with a total of 180% or probably 160% increased damage, don't know how expensive they are.

Probably not. As far as I know, the new +minion damage mod only appears on 2-handers, not wands. Let's pretend you can dual wield them on wands though.

Consider that with a 5.1.1 setup, you'll have like +700-1000% Increased Damage, so basically 8-11x damage factor. Multiply that by 5 main golems and you get 40-55x.

If you drop 2 Clayshapers for theoretical wands with +150% each, that gives you +1000-1300% Increased Damage (11-14x). But now, your setup is only 3 main golems, so your total damage factor is only 33-40x.

Yeah, I dun think it's worth it.

I'm talking about this wand:

But anyway, your post made me confused about some stuff so I went ahead and made myself a little smarter. I didn't actually know much about how this build worked, I just kinda assumed a lot of things. And whowouldathunkit that's really not the smartest thing you can do. Because you are ofcourse correct, in what you've stated, and I'm, well not.

So thanks for that. Goodluck and have fun in the league or whatever it is you people do.
Last edited by Zeusolympus on Jun 6, 2018, 8:07:04 PM
"
Zeusolympus wrote:
But anyway, your post made me confused about some stuff so I went ahead and made myself a little smarter. I didn't actually know much about how this build worked, I just kinda assumed a lot of things. And whowouldathunkit that's really not the smartest thing you can do. Because you are ofcourse correct, in what you've stated, and I'm, well not.

So thanks for that. Goodluck and have fun in the league or whatever it is you people do.

No problem. Thank you as well for teaching me something I didn't know before.

Changing topics a bit, here's some random stats. I decided to re-roll my Harmony Jewels in Standard for the fixed cooldown. Here's what happened:

Divines Used: 200
3x "perfect" rolls (xx/45/20/2 is basically perfect)
8x 1% off perfect (either 44/20 or 45/19)
6x 2% off
12x 3% off
8x 4% off
1x 5% off

All the rest of the rolls were worse, of course.

So for those of you that really want to min/max without help from the market... yeah, it's not cheap... :x
⚡ Lightning Golems:
/1902593
⛄ Ice Golems:
/1914382
Last edited by tomatopotato on Jun 8, 2018, 9:11:31 AM
I found a treasure island here.

In fact, I tried flame golems build at first like common others.

That seems to have faster clear speed than lightning golems in my opinion.

But, I realized that my GTX 1060 VGA Card was tortured by flame golems build, unlike other builds.

In addition, too many flame balls mess up monitor screen.. ouch my eyes...

So I decided to quit flame golem and came to this post by good fortune.

As though my level is 54 now and I don't know the excellence of this build completely,
I feel so much good with lightning golems play, the effect sounds, Low VGA burden and clean monitor screen.

Thank you so much for sharing your outstanding build including kind explanations.
Last edited by Our_Last_Summer on Jun 8, 2018, 9:45:00 AM
Glad it's working out for you. The cleaner screen is also quite helpful in HC, since GGG sometimes uses obscured visuals to raise the level of danger/difficulty.

"
That seems to have faster clear speed than lightning golems in my opinion.

But, I realized that my GTX 1060 VGA Card was tortured by flame golems build, unlike other builds.

In addition, too many flame balls mess up monitor screen.. ouch my eyes...

So I decided to quit flame golem and came to this post by good fortune.
Once you get your gems up to 20/20 and get used to Lightning playstyle (you can run to the next pack earlier instead of waiting for the current pack to die), the clearspeed is basically the same.

Anyway, thanks for the comment. Good luck in Incursion!
⚡ Lightning Golems:
/1902593
⛄ Ice Golems:
/1914382
why do you wear aura Wrath? what's the point of it if the buffs do not apply to golems without Generosity. or I do not know what it is
Last edited by moby010 on Jun 10, 2018, 1:43:10 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info