Lightning Golem Crescendo ♫ All Content / HC Focused / Not Casual-Friendly

"
P.S. Victario's isn't really helping that much with only 8x Harmony. Please check out page 2 in the Google Docs calculator.

I have nothing to add except that I am aware of the comparisons that you did with victarios.

I am aware it is suboptimal but I enjoy using it more from a preference point of view for mapping, Burst dps on non endgame bosses ,well, mostly everything that isnt uber elder really because even t16 bosses and shaper start to get down REALLY fast if dps becomes good enough. Fast enough that charge storage seems to not start to matter in some cases.

And potential party synergy.

I obviously will experiment without victarios and with the amulett to see if the movespeed makes a strong enough compensation of the speed victarios provides.

But yeah in an "training dummy" scenario I am aware that a second clayshaper outperforms from what you showed.

But yeah all in all, even if the amulett caps out at 35% less its still very strong.
Its fair to assume imo that the other mods might have huge variance too, movespeed and less golem hp.
Not that it should matter from an elementalist PoV but yeah.

Last edited by Tyranastrasz on Aug 11, 2018, 9:24:20 AM
"
Tyranastrasz wrote:
I am aware it is suboptimal but I enjoy using it more from a preference point of view for mapping, Burst dps on non endgame bosses ,well, mostly everything that isnt uber elder really because even t16 bosses and shaper start to get down REALLY fast if dps becomes good enough. Fast enough that charge storage seems to not start to matter in some cases.

Very well. Party synergy is perfectly reasonable. The difference between "burst DPS" and dual Clays is practically non-existent though:

5x Flame Golems (+Spell Echo)
@0.90s: 10 volleys fired
@1.80s: 20
@2.70s: 30
@3.60s: 40
@4.50s: 50
@5.40s: 60 (all charges spent)
@6.50s: 70 (firing rate slows, or golems switch skills)
@7.80s: 80

4x Flame Golems (+Spell Echo, 3x Frenzies)
@0.66s: 8 volleys fired
@1.33s: 16
@2.00s: 24
@2.66s: 32
@3.33s: 40
@4.00s: 48 (all charges spent)
@5.20s: 56 (firing rate slows, or golems switch skills)
@6.50s: 64
@7.80s: 72

(assuming 8x perfect Harmony to achieve cooldown recovery speed of 1.3s)

This isn't something that affects only endgame bosses also. If you are pushing for xp/hr and mapping fast, then your golems will either be waiting for cooldown or "taking a break" by using other skills more often.
⚡ Lightning Golems:
/1902593
⛄ Ice Golems:
/1914382
Last edited by tomatopotato on Aug 28, 2018, 10:23:08 AM
"
tomatopotato wrote:
"
Tyranastrasz wrote:

Very well. Party synergy is perfectly reasonable. The difference between "burst DPS" and dual Clays is practically non-existent though:

5x Flame Golems (+Spell Echo)
@0.90s: 10 volleys fired
@1.80s: 20
@2.70s: 30
@3.60s: 40
@4.50s: 50
@5.40s: 60 (all charges spent
@6.50s: 70 (firing rate slows, or golems switch skills)
@7.80s: 80

4x Flame Golems (+Spell Echo, 3x Frenzies)
@0.66s: 8 volleys fired
@1.33s: 16
@2.00s: 24
@2.66s: 32
@3.33s: 40
@4.00s: 48 (all charges spent)
@5.20s: 56 (firing rate slows, or golems switch skills)
@6.50s: 64
@7.80s: 72

(assuming 8x perfect Harmony to achieve cooldown recovery speed of 1.3s)

This isn't something that affects only endgame bosses also. If you are pushing for xp/hr and mapping fast, then your golems will either be waiting for cooldown or "taking a break" by using other skills more often.

Hm interesting, I didnt realize the difference was so low I guess?

On a different note, this might be totally bullshit but is it possible that increased attack/castspeed increases the projectile speed of the Magmaballs the golems are shooting?

It might be my imagination but I got the impression when I tested the victarios settup. It really mightve been just the cast rate that gave the impression of faster projectile speed but its hard to say.

This would most probably not an issue for lightning golems due to the mechanic of their projectiles but flame golem "mortar" felt more precise on victarios.

That beeing said, shield charge is notably something that is possible to use aswell for additional defensive or movement benefit.

"
Tyranastrasz wrote:
On a different note, this might be totally bullshit but is it possible that increased attack/castspeed increases the projectile speed of the Magmaballs the golems are shooting?

I've never bothered confirming it, but I think Magma Ball velocity is based on distance to target (and whether you're using Faster/Slower Proj ofc). Should be fairly easy to test I imagine.
⚡ Lightning Golems:
/1902593
⛄ Ice Golems:
/1914382
Last edited by tomatopotato on Aug 12, 2018, 7:26:20 PM
Hi there- thanks for the build write-up. When the lightning golem mtx came out, I decided to roll this as my starter for the flashback event. It was not a great decision to dive in without the jewels, but here we are. I rate this as a 2/10 mapper, 7/10 boss killer. Jumped into Uber Elder at 93 (no MoM, 10 jewels [1A, 1E, 1M, 7H], no gravepact, 5:1:1 L/F/I) and killed him on my first go with this admittedly average gear setup (below). 3 deaths, two to the tentacles, one to a bad lightning warp into balls.

Drops as evidence:

This build is really challenging for incursions. I tried chain/gmp/pierce, but simply could not clear them reliably. Happy to have played it and killed the big boy, but I'm going to reroll for fast clear up to 95. Thanks again for the guide and all the thoughtful discussion throughout.

Last edited by greginno on Aug 12, 2018, 8:05:21 PM
"
greginno wrote:
This build is really challenging for incursions. I tried chain/gmp/pierce, but simply could not clear them reliably. Happy to have played it and killed the big boy, but I'm going to reroll for fast clear up to 95. Thanks again for the guide and all the thoughtful discussion throughout.

Hey, I'm sorry it didn't perform to your satisfaction. I appreciate your valuable feedback nonetheless. Was the challenge something you felt in particular with Lightning Golems or something you've experienced with this type of minion in general? Looking at league clips, I had a feeling this build would have some layout hurdles to deal with. Didn't have a chance to play myself though, so I'm a bit uncertain.
⚡ Lightning Golems:
/1902593
⛄ Ice Golems:
/1914382
Last edited by tomatopotato on Aug 13, 2018, 6:56:41 AM
Sorry if I came off as unsatisfied. The build played as expected and I set out from the start to kill uber elder. Mission accomplished! I'm tired of the league at this point and just need something fast or those last couple of levels.

Regarding incursions, you're right - minion movement/AI (i.e., spamming galvanic bolt into a door jamb) and priority targeting were the biggest challenges. I suspect to be the case for most minion builds this league.
What you think about new amulet for golems?
The Primordial Chain Coral Amulet
http://poedb.tw/us/unique.php?n=The_Primordial_Chain
░███░░█░░███░█░█░░░███░███░░░█▀▀░█░█░█░█░░░█▀▀░
░█▄█░█▄█░░█░░███░░░█░█░█▄░░░░█▀░░▐█▌░█░█░░░█▀░░
░█░░░█░█░░█░░█░█░░░███░█░░░░░███░█░█░█░███░███░
Last edited by Besovskii on Aug 14, 2018, 7:24:03 AM
"
greginno wrote:
Sorry if I came off as unsatisfied. The build played as expected and I set out from the start to kill uber elder. Mission accomplished! I'm tired of the league at this point and just need something fast or those last couple of levels.

Regarding incursions, you're right - minion movement/AI (i.e., spamming galvanic bolt into a door jamb) and priority targeting were the biggest challenges. I suspect to be the case for most minion builds this league.
Understood. Appreciate the added info. Lightning Golems have an even harder time with priority targeting than a lot of other caster minions, relying heavily on tight Convocation and auto-teleport timing. I wouldn't be surprised if they ranked near the bottom in this regard.

Anyway, thanks again and congrats on the UE kill :)

"
Besovskii wrote:
Best-in-slot for offensive amulets if you get a good enough roll. If it can go down to 30%, it will be like a 7th link. Will probably need to be more mindful of golem health in certain situations. Also, I don't know if I can recommend it for HC.
⚡ Lightning Golems:
/1902593
⛄ Ice Golems:
/1914382
"
tomatopotato wrote:

"
Besovskii wrote:
Best-in-slot for offensive amulets if you get a good enough roll. If it can go down to 30%, it will be like a 7th link. Will probably need to be more mindful of golem health in certain situations. Also, I don't know if I can recommend it for HC.

thx
░███░░█░░███░█░█░░░███░███░░░█▀▀░█░█░█░█░░░█▀▀░
░█▄█░█▄█░░█░░███░░░█░█░█▄░░░░█▀░░▐█▌░█░█░░░█▀░░
░█░░░█░█░░█░░█░█░░░███░█░░░░░███░█░█░█░███░███░

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info