Lightning Golem Crescendo ♫ All Content / HC Focused / Not Casual-Friendly

"
tm10067 wrote:
Ok, thank you very much for advice. Sounds reasonable and achievable, I will try to tweak my char this way.
G'luck. Lemme know if there's anything else I can help with.

"
Serendb wrote:
"
Nephentus wrote:
Man i cant understand 1 thing in this build) Why you choose in passive tree Avatar of fire? its reduced your damage for 50%... O how its work with golems? maybe i dont know somthing? with 2 Clayshapers... Maybe you use some shield for it or what?)

The lightning golems give you a buff that adds lightning damage to spells and attacks. When you hit the enemy with your spell to trigger Elemental Overload it will deal lightning damage as well, giving them a buff to their resists and not a debuff.

Avatar of fire converts everything you do to fire and only fire so you don't have that issue.
Serendb,
Thanks for helping to explain it :)

Nephentus,
In POE, most passive tree nodes only apply to the player/traps/totems. The only ones that apply to minions are the ones that include the word "minion". Does it make sense now?

"
FrenchThugz wrote:
Hey, quick question. What are the reasons/benefits to massing Eminence over Harmony?

Does the speed boost over power the cdr and regen?
Ehh... Harmony is better, but if you are already stacking a ton of Harmony, then there is a point where diminishing returns kick in and Eminence starts to provide a bigger DPS boost (for L.Golems).

Other than that, they're also cheaper. Harmony is about 3-4x more expensive than usual currently, so Eminences are a nice stopgap while you save currency for more Harmony.
⚡ Lightning Golems:
/1902593
⛄ Ice Golems:
/1914382
not sure if it's just me or for everyone but your spoilers are broken starting with the "Flexibility and weapon swapping..." part
Since the change to Convocation cast time & quality (20% now gives 20% increased cooldown) I switched from a 40% lightning golem inc dmg helm to a 30% increased cooldown convocation helm. With both the quality and enchant the cooldown drops from 8sec to 5.33sec with an instant cast time. It's nice to have in tight maps and ups my clear time some. In the delves however it has made a huge difference in clearing between nodes. I can summon my golems to me between every big pack it feels like and move more safely between flares.

Just a little heads up if anyone was like me and getting frustrated controlling lightning golems in the delves. Having a very large cart light radius helps too as they don't like to move until everything is dead!
"
Saltizard wrote:
not sure if it's just me or for everyone but your spoilers are broken starting with the "Flexibility and weapon swapping..." part
Oops. Fixed, sorry!

"
tiger32kw wrote:
Since the change to Convocation cast time & quality (20% now gives 20% increased cooldown) I switched from a 40% lightning golem inc dmg helm to a 30% increased cooldown convocation helm. With both the quality and enchant the cooldown drops from 8sec to 5.33sec with an instant cast time.
Ohh... I had no idea. Good tip, thanks! :o
⚡ Lightning Golems:
/1902593
⛄ Ice Golems:
/1914382
Last edited by tomatopotato on Sep 7, 2018, 9:33:56 PM
How many harmonies should we have in order to to have any diminish outcome? Has this been figured out yet?
Last edited by FrenchThugz on Sep 8, 2018, 12:34:11 AM
"
FrenchThugz wrote:
How many harmonies should we have in order to to have any diminish outcome? Has this been figured out yet?
Yes, I suppose. Or rather, it's not too difficult to figure out on your own.

Because cast speed scales linearly with Lightning Golems (i.e. not hard-capped by cooldown), I believe you can treat your total amount of "Increased Minion Cast Speed" as a straight multiplier. So if you have an open jewel slot, just compare cast speed vs. increased damage and see which boost is proportionally larger.

For example, let's say you have 10x perfect Harmony and you run 3 golem types. You probably have around 855% "Increased Damage".
Spoiler
+600% from Harmony (20% x 3 types x 10 jewels)
+200% from Elemancer (assuming 10 golems)
+55% from Gem quality
==================================================
=855% total
If you added Harmony #11, that would boost your total by about 6% (60/955). So basically, Eminence needs to boost your cast speed by 6% to be equal-ish DPS.

For reference, Eminence as jewel #11 in my sample tree boosts golem cast speed from 3.46 to 3.89 (a 12% increase), which beats the hypothetical 6% increase from above. You can check cast speed increases in POB.

Does this mean you should automatically slot Eminence to min-max DPS? No. You still need to consider whether giving up 2% golem regen is worth a bit more DPS or not, and that's going to come down to personal preference to a degree.

Hope that helped.

⚡ Lightning Golems:
/1902593
⛄ Ice Golems:
/1914382
Ah yes, starting to make sense now. Sorry, Im pretty terrible when it comes to calculating all this on games.

Is there a cap to the cast speed for your LG?

Im sorry if its answered somewhere else. Just wondering how to take the most out of the DPS from Harmony and the speed from our little LG cluster in which they leave behind. Does cast speed effect the speed at which these cluster attack?
"
FrenchThugz wrote:
Is there a cap to the cast speed for your LG?

Im sorry if its answered somewhere else. Just wondering how to take the most out of the DPS from Harmony and the speed from our little LG cluster in which they leave behind. Does cast speed effect the speed at which these cluster attack?
Nope. Or at least, I don't believe there is a cap judging by in-game behavior and POB data-mined stats. Cast speed increases the rate of the cluster/orb attacks (no cooldown limit). You'll need to compare rate of cluster re-cast as well to optimize fully. But practically speaking, no packs survive more than the first set of clusters.
⚡ Lightning Golems:
/1902593
⛄ Ice Golems:
/1914382
Hey thanks for this! I wanted to try Lightning Golems this league but am now leveling with flame golems/sentinels until I gear up a bit. Great guide!

I wanted to ask:

1) How often does the golem use the lightning projectile attack rather than the orb attack? According to PoB, storm orb has a 8s cooldown but lightning projectile doesn't have cd at all?

2) Is it possible to focus the build completely on the lightning projectile attack and ignore the orb? Or does the orb give more damage in any case?

"
Magnus_Orla wrote:
1) How often does the golem use the lightning projectile attack rather than the orb attack? According to PoB, storm orb has a 8s cooldown but lightning projectile doesn't have cd at all?
Sup ♫

That's correct. The golem will try to shoot projectiles whenever the orb is on cooldown (with the occasional piddling mini-Wrath thrown in). The more cooldown speed you have, the more orbs you'll get (and conversely, fewer projectiles).

"
2) Is it possible to focus the build completely on the lightning projectile attack and ignore the orb? Or does the orb give more damage in any case?
Well, not completely, but to a degree. It kind of depends on how often you're willing to re-summon. By loading up all Eminence instead of Harmony, you'll get almost no orbs and lots more projectiles. This can actually be pretty fun and even beneficial for casual mapping. Without Harmony though, your golems will die on harder content (hence your willingness to re-summon becomes a factor). Another thing about re-summoning is that your newest golems overwrite your oldest ones, regardless of type. This makes it a pain to manage hotkeys for different golem types, which probably makes a mono-type Necro more suitable for this use case (I'm actually tinkering with a golem/Soulwrest Necro because of this).

The orb does more damage, but only hits one target at a time. The projectile can be supported with GMP, etc. for better coverage. I focus on the orb because I'm more interested in boss-killing. However, I realize others might want a more balanced setup, so I recommend GMP+Pierce for those starting out.
⚡ Lightning Golems:
/1902593
⛄ Ice Golems:
/1914382
Last edited by tomatopotato on Sep 13, 2018, 6:47:08 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info