[3.6 Video Guide] Beginner's Guide SRS Baron Life [HC/SC/Atziri/Uber Izaro/Shaper Viable]

I honestly can't tell if I like this build or not :D

On the one hand if everything works good, you shred red bosses like paper with 20 spirits and full buffs + EE debuff.

On the other hand, if you can't keep steamrolling you end up juggling flame golem, decoy totem, desecrate -> flesh offering, ball lightning and srs while also dodging shit and end up with like 7 srs and a headache. The boss buff really hurt, but then it hurt virtually everyyone.

My curent gear:

Atm saving for 8ex for +3 staff and lvl 3 empower
"
Vallenhael wrote:

On the one hand if everything works good, you shred red bosses like paper with 20 spirits and full buffs + EE debuff.

On the other hand, if you can't keep steamrolling you end up juggling flame golem, decoy totem, desecrate -> flesh offering, ball lightning and srs while also dodging shit and end up with like 7 srs and a headache. The boss buff really hurt, but then it hurt virtually everyyone.

My curent gear:

This was the issue I was having. Moved enfeeble into my CWDT setup and grabbed some added lightning damage jewelry to proc ee with Leap slam. This keeps fortify up which helps balance out the lack off enfeeble up time and, I feel, smooths the game play out significantly.

Other than that, there are also the lab enchants, 30% increased Summon Raging Spirit Duration and Summon Raging Spirit has 18% chance to summon an extra Minion.

Last edited by SteelRecon on Aug 10, 2017, 6:43:29 PM
I really think I'd rather have EE on a reliable range attack than having to jump into melee each time :D

I really think having the lvl 27-28 srs and cast speed on staff setup will help smooth things out a lot for me, + I need to get used to cast desecrate desecrate flesh offering while flesh offering is still running, too bad there is no timer or anything :(
The wiki says elemental damage with attacks gem doesn't affect srs. Is this true?
Beginner friendly...200c helmet
"
Inferius90 wrote:

lets say it again

the Baron Helmet is NOT NEEDED for the build to work

the Baron is NOT build enabling item

This build works without baron

So instead of posting crappy comments first

1) Search for previous comments for this
2) use your brain
3) use your hands

Seriously this is getting really old.

If you want go to standard where baron costs 1 alc and play; and yes you can have 1 alc in first 10 levels
When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself
Last edited by killbilly on Aug 11, 2017, 6:39:03 AM
"
Ghazzy wrote:

The only build "enabling" unique for this build would be the Baron Helmet!
TheUberElite or whatever the guy's name who started this build before ghazzy just posted on reddit saying baron is THE LAST upgrade you need since the prohibitive cost. He is currently 94 in HCSSF unless he has died. He has NOT gotten his baron. I'm pretty sure he's fine. The main thing to focus on in an srs build in power is: normal lab -> cruel lab - > 5link +2 staff -> 6link +2 staff -> 6link +3 staff or baron. I think either of those would be close in power. A +2 5l staff will get you through maps till tier 5 or so, 6l to ~t10. Just dont expect mindblowing clearspeed with a +2 at t10 if you dont have a baron. So no it's not build enabling, but it is pretty nice.
"
Inferius90 wrote:
"
Ghazzy wrote:

i told you already use the search; ghazy already replied for this.

Baron is a Big motherfucking upgrade YES but is NOT build enabler...

people play SRS in SSF leagues and they see their baron at lvl90+ ...
When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself
"
Razorwind wrote:
Is it possible to make a Speaker's Wreath version instead?

Baron helm prices are just way way too high.

Nah, it's a horrible helmet for this build tbh.
You can simply use a +2 minion helmet till later as Baron is pretty much a late game addition to the build with the current price.

"
ELicious wrote:
"
Ghazzy wrote:

"
ELicious wrote:
Can someone post a path of building link for me? I have not been able to load the build planner for the last 2 days. Stuck on 8 points that I'm not sure how to spend. Thanks in advance

GGG seems to have had some server issues, just copy paste the skilltree link in to PoB for now :)

TIL you can paste skilltree links into PoB. Who knew?! Thanks!

:D

"
kendoka wrote:
Just a simple question: Shaper viable? Even if it is not the fastest killer, but can i do all content??

Yes it is Shaper viable :)
You can do all content with this build.

"
Crumplezone wrote:
@Doomfairy and Ghazzy :

thanks for the advice.

I did manage to sort it out after posting, well after midnight my time when lab changes format. I specced 2 gem slots and popped in a 15% minion damage and some more mana/cast speed/run speed gem and changed in decoy again and leveled it up some more.

I think the decoy totem was simply just to low level and I was having the issues from that as it was dying supppper fast, its gone up 5 levels and seems to be coping more and I was able to clear cruel lab.

I've not got baron and I've not got around to the helm yet so that is probably aggrivating a few things but I do have a 5 link staff so SRS wasn't the issue. Damage honestly wasn't the issue for me, more the instant-gib deaths I was getting since the boss would just walk up and slap me upside the head.

Drop wise i've not been very lucky with rares or uniques so I'm suffering abit in that department with rares which are underleveled and the main issue is getting the gem combinations to match what I replace without getting half my abilities removed due to wrong gem config.

The big issue ones are like having the 3x B 1x G for EE slots and having the green slots for the auras aswell.

Survivibility has increased anyway with finishing cruel after the lab map layout swap so it s not as bad as prior, but I certainly think survivibility can be issue if you get unlucky with drops or a bad lab layout, certainly commander of darkness seems to ramp the build up quite considerably once you obtain it.

Hey,

My pleasure.
Sounds great to hear bro!

Baron is to be seen as the late game addition due to the price atm.

To help cope with coloring gear, make sure the base items are proper for the desired colors as we don't really care about the base defensive stats on the items. So if you need a lot of green colors an Evasion based item is easier to get the colors on.

"
Imurgod wrote:
I do not want to spent fortune rolling sockets to fit Elemental attack gem on my weapon, do I lost lots of dps with ?multi strike gem in place of elem attack one?

Also, instead of ball of lighting, is it better to use vaal lighting trap? what support gems to go with it? ty

You lose a bit yeah, though both Multistrike & elemental attack damage are both red colored? O,o
VLT doesn't need any support gems, I personally prefer Ball Lightning as it doesn't require souls to be used frequently :)

"
Vallenhael wrote:

My curent gear:

Yeah the 3.0 boss HP is stupid AF. I would still recommend doing it once then skipping them on most builds >.<
Gear looks solid man, nice!

"
Autkast wrote:
The wiki says elemental damage with attacks gem doesn't affect srs. Is this true?

The old one doesn't, as of 3.0 it does :)

"
Inferius90 wrote:

It used to be 1 alch - 3 chaos.
However, the build works very well without it :)

"
Inferius90 wrote:
"
Ghazzy wrote:

Will update the guide with all the Baron information as the prices screwed it over a lot. However, the build works very well without it :)

"
isunktitanic wrote:
TheUberElite or whatever the guy's name who started this build before ghazzy just posted on reddit saying baron is THE LAST upgrade you need since the prohibitive cost. He is currently 94 in HCSSF unless he has died. He has NOT gotten his baron. I'm pretty sure he's fine. The main thing to focus on in an srs build in power is: normal lab -> cruel lab - > 5link +2 staff -> 6link +2 staff -> 6link +3 staff or baron. I think either of those would be close in power. A +2 5l staff will get you through maps till tier 5 or so, 6l to ~t10. Just dont expect mindblowing clearspeed with a +2 at t10 if you dont have a baron. So no it's not build enabling, but it is pretty nice.

TheUberElite and I spoke about how brokenly OpieOP the Baron is on the poetalk podcast with Paleo & PoELab before Mayhem & Turmoil. We both stated that we both would make a build with it, and since Uber hit lvl 100 #1 SSF I decided to let him post his build guide out of respect before I posted mine.

He is absolutely correct, the Baron is the "last" item you need and the build works great without it. Karvarousku killed Shaper without it as well. It was also seen as an OpieoP build before Baron existed in the game.

Honestly, I would not go for a 5L +2. I did +2 minion helmet with Vics charity & Brightbeak speed clearing through Shaped Strand before I got my 6L which was also really really easy & smooth. Only time I had issues was with double beyond bosses.

"
killbilly wrote:
"
Inferius90 wrote:
"
Ghazzy wrote:

i told you already use the search; ghazy already replied for this.

Baron is a Big motherfucking upgrade YES but is NOT build enabler...

people play SRS in SSF leagues and they see their baron at lvl90+ ...

Yeah, thank you for pointing out that this is in the guide, I will update those parts right now.
Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info