[3.1] Firestorm Leech Tank

I have recently found out that Shaper is not as weak as he appears to be in your video :D On the other hand, it's good to be following someone who's clearly much much better at the game.

I've transitioned to sceptres, and thus removed Immortal Call from golem setup + got a new shiny 4l with leap slap / fortify. Seems to be a very good suggestion, thanks.

That made me overhaul the rest of the gems as per recent recommendations, incl putting enfeeble into OoS and switching to Vortex.
Since 2nd CWDT is now gone, I guess there's no reason not to level Vortex all the way to 20 (or even 21) and carefully level Arcane Surge a bit too so that it would always proc on a single Vortex cast?
Last edited by areanu on Sep 5, 2017, 8:57:55 PM
"
areanu wrote:
I have recently found out that Shaper is not as weak as he appears to be in your video :D On the other hand, it's good to be following someone who's clearly much much better at the game.

I've transitioned to sceptres, and thus removed Immortal Call from golem setup + got a new shiny 4l with leap slap / fortify. Seems to be a very good suggestion, thanks.

That made me overhaul the rest of the gems as per recent recommendations, incl putting enfeeble into OoS and switching to Vortex.
Since 2nd CWDT is now gone, I guess there's no reason not to level Vortex all the way to 20 (or even 21) and carefully level Arcane Surge a bit too so that it would always proc on a single Vortex cast?

Believe it or not, but that video was my first Shaper attempt ever. I don't really consider myself a great player and feel that the build carries me, not the other way around.

The cwdt-less setup is for guardians and shaper only; there is no reason not to level the vortex to the max, but its damage is almost negligible, I've just chosen it as a source of chilled ground.
Thanks for the answer :)
(i didn't quote it to skip some big message) and yes i'll work on my life i know how it's work :D
Just out of currency for now.
Sorry for my quite bad english. Try to do my best <3
Just for curiosity... how much your tooltip shows? I don't really understand your theory of "So, using reasonably possible late gate numbers, peak dps can be estimated as 15k * 4.6 * 3.8 * 10 / 2 = 1.3 million.". Where do you get 15k?

Currently at lvl 86 and it's looking good, but I would really like to see how much can I improve, the wand is really bad.
"
Murasaki2013 wrote:
Just for curiosity... how much your tooltip shows? I don't really understand your theory of "So, using reasonably possible late gate numbers, peak dps can be estimated as 15k * 4.6 * 3.8 * 10 / 2 = 1.3 million.". Where do you get 15k?

Currently at lvl 86 and it's looking good, but I would really like to see how much can I improve, the wand is really bad.

15k is the effective dps in PoB that takes into consideration fire penetration (75%) and the covered in ash debuff from the Xoph's amulet.

my tooltip damage in town is around 4k
"
DirtyDot wrote:
15k is the effective dps in PoB that takes into consideration fire penetration (75%) and the covered in ash debuff from the Xoph's amulet.

my tooltip damage in town is around 4k

Do it takes into consideration that almost any boss has resistances, so the real penetration below 0 will be lower?
To argue with a fool means to sink to his level.
Last edited by NiobMordodrukow on Sep 6, 2017, 7:17:09 AM
"
Do it takes into consideration that almost any boss has resistances, so the real penetration below 0 will be lower?

Not sure what you are trying to say here. The penetration can take resists into negatives.
"
DirtyDot wrote:
"

Not sure what you are trying to say here. The penetration can take resists into negatives.

I know it can. If enemy has resist less than your penetration. I m talking that if a monster has resist more than 0 (and most of the bosses have), and you do not count that in PoB, it means, your PoB calculation is wrong. You need to set enemy resist in calcalator to 50 or something to get real value (ofc, some monster will have less than 50, but we need to count the hardest situation, cause white trash must not be a problem for us at all).
"
I know it can. If enemy has resist less than your penetration. I m talking that if a monster has resist more than 0 (and most of the bosses have), and you do not count that in PoB, it means, your PoB calculation is wrong. You need to set enemy resist in calcalator to 50 or something to get real value (ofc, some monster will have less than 50, but we need to count the hardest situation, cause white trash must not be a problem for us at all).

the PoB link is in the guide. the damage is against shaper who has 40% elemental resists.
Last edited by DirtyDot on Sep 6, 2017, 8:31:51 AM
Cant load it from phone.

Ok, ty, thats all i want to know.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info