[3.1] Firestorm Leech Tank

Hey, enjoying this for my first character ever in PoE, thanks!

Lvl 82, and all of my gear could definitely be improved, so wondering where people think I could best focus if anything seems like the clear place to start.
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/crashlaunching/characters

Quick other note/check: I have the Mana-on-Kill on my gloves because I was occasionally running out of mana while Firestorming and it was annoying, but not sure if that's actually the best way to deal with that issue--do others with the build need/use any specific mana leech/on-hit-or-kill/regen stats? Or do you just use Firestorm a bit more carefully rather than spamming it?

I'm also planning to respec bandit from Alira to Kraityn, but upon respec I'll lose a bunch of allres, so thinking I might delay until my gear is way overcapping res (currently hovering around the "correct" ~109% for all).
Last edited by crashlaunching on Sep 19, 2017, 4:55:32 PM
"
What are the advantages of sceptres over wands for this build? Just the leap slam / fortify setup, or can sceptres roll better mods?

Just for the leap slam and fortify, yes. Scepters don't roll any better.
"
Hey, enjoying this for my first character ever in PoE, thanks!

Lvl 82, and all of my gear could definitely be improved, so wondering where people think I could best focus if anything seems like the clear place to start.
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/crashlaunching/characters

Quick other note/check: I have the Mana-on-Kill on my gloves because I was occasionally running out of mana while Firestorming and it was annoying, but not sure if that's actually the best way to deal with that issue--do others with the build need/use any specific mana leech/on-hit-or-kill/regen stats? Or do you just use Firestorm a bit more carefully rather than spamming it?

I'm also planning to respec bandit from Alira to Kraityn, but upon respec I'll lose a bunch of allres, so thinking I might delay until my gear is way overcapping res (currently hovering around the "correct" ~109% for all).

Your gear is ok, not great but ok. You don't have cast speed on any of your jewellery though, so probably focus on that first.

You should only run out of mana if you hit mobs outside the warlords mark aura range. To alleviate that you need to get the leech lab enchant on your boots.
Hey! Thanks for the gread guide! I come here from PewPewPews guide which was also nice but I always hate minions.

I am new in the game and there are few things I would like to understand better.
I would appreciate if you find time to answer.

1. In a gear part you said "BiS chest is Belly of the beast." But comparing to Kaom's Heard, looks like the second one will give ~800 additional life. Why is Belly better? Is it because of armor, not enough gems slots, damage loose or it is just cheaper?
With it, we will have to take some 6L weapon, and Pledge of Hands with extra Spell Echo should compensate loose of spell damage and cast speed, or not?

2. You recommending take "+fire damage" but then what is the solution for maps with Elemental Equilibrium? Just ignore +50% resists? Wth no "+fire damage", the light spell we are using can help. But if we take some, they will deal fire damage too.

3. Why armor and not evasion or even mix on gear? From all the gear we can get at most 3k. Is it because 3k armor do matter or because we need brue+red gems?

4. Are we taking "+ effect curses" nodes for Leech or for Enfeeble?
If playing in party where Enfeeble would most likelly override by second player' curse, is it still make sense to take them?

5. You are saying about "cluster next to vaal pact" for 8 points. Are you about "Revenge of the Hunter" cluster? It just 6, not 8. Or am I looking into wrong place?

6. If it is "Revenge of the Hunter", why not "Devotion" cluster on the left side of the tree?
"Revenge of the Hunter" gived 24% and "+ evasion %" for 6 points but we are taking armor anyway so evasion is useless, isn't it?
"Devotion" gives us 20% + 40 strengh for 5 points or 20% + 50 strengh + jewel for 7 points.
"
Darida wrote:
Hey! Thanks for the gread guide! I come here from PewPewPews guide which was also nice but I always hate minions.

I am new in the game and there are few things I would like to understand better.
I would appreciate if you find time to answer.

1. In a gear part you said "BiS chest is Belly of the beast." But comparing to Kaom's Heard, looks like the second one will give ~800 additional life. Why is Belly better? Is it because of armor, not enough gems slots, damage loose or it is just cheaper?
With it, we will have to take some 6L weapon, and Pledge of Hands with extra Spell Echo should compensate loose of spell damage and cast speed, or not?

2. You recommending take "+fire damage" but then what is the solution for maps with Elemental Equilibrium? Just ignore +50% resists? Wth no "+fire damage", the light spell we are using can help. But if we take some, they will deal fire damage too.

3. Why armor and not evasion or even mix on gear? From all the gear we can get at most 3k. Is it because 3k armor do matter or because we need brue+red gems?

4. Are we taking "+ effect curses" nodes for Leech or for Enfeeble?
If playing in party where Enfeeble would most likelly override by second player' curse, is it still make sense to take them?

5. You are saying about "cluster next to vaal pact" for 8 points. Are you about "Revenge of the Hunter" cluster? It just 6, not 8. Or am I looking into wrong place?

6. If it is "Revenge of the Hunter", why not "Devotion" cluster on the left side of the tree?
"Revenge of the Hunter" gived 24% and "+ evasion %" for 6 points but we are taking armor anyway so evasion is useless, isn't it?
"Devotion" gives us 20% + 40 strengh for 5 points or 20% + 50 strengh + jewel for 7 points.

Good questions.

1. The build is balanced around using all available gem slots. If you drop enfeeble, your effective health pool will be smaller despite the extra 800 life. Also a pair of good wands or scepters outdamages Pledge of hands.

2. You don't need "the solution" for elemental equilibrium maps - there is enough damage and resist penetration to make it barely noticeable.

3. This build is vulnerable only to one shots. Evasion doesn't help against that.

4. Both. Can't comment on your party play setup but if your second curse is always overridden then obviously you don't need it.

5. That was just as an example of how the points can be better spent compared to getting MoM. I do not recommend taking that cluster.

6. Yes, the devotion cluster + jewel slot is what I recommended before to someone who was looking for a hardcore tree advice.
Last edited by DirtyDot on Sep 20, 2017, 6:05:06 AM
Killed Uber Atziri and Chayula. This build 100% clears ALL content. :)
UA was pretty easy while Chayula required some gear swapping (chaos resists + amethyst flasks).

"
Killed Uber Atziri and Chayula. This build 100% clears ALL content. :)
UA was pretty easy while Chayula required some gear swapping (chaos resists + amethyst flasks).

good stuff mate. i stopped playing a couple of weeks ago coz everything got too easy. going to try SSF next league to see how far i can push it that way.
Sometimes in reflect maps I will lose much more life than I leech when I hit a monster pack with firestorm, and sometimes I won't.

Can't figure out any pattern to when it happens. What could I be missing?

I make sure to get close enough that Warlord's Mark is activated. Yugul pantheon power turned on, but no Paragon of Calamity yet.
Last edited by joshagarrado on Sep 20, 2017, 11:50:43 AM
I wouldn't care much about that. After Paragon of Calamity you won't have reflect problems at all.
"
Sometimes in reflect maps I will lose much more life than I leech when I hit a monster pack with firestorm, and sometimes I won't.

Can't figure out any pattern to when it happens. What could I be missing?

I make sure to get close enough that Warlord's Mark is activated. Yugul pantheon power turned on, but no Paragon of Calamity yet.

You may be taking increased reflected damage because your fire resist is lowered (curses, map mods etc). If this is a concern you can carry a ruby flask until you get paragon of calamity.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info