[3.1] Firestorm Leech Tank

"
dn604 wrote:

Sorry about that, was on vacation the last while. I think my character tab is visible now.

Thanks!

Your main problem is that you are running firestorm on 4 links (added fire damage adds pretty much nothing). You would be much better off running a tabula at this point. Your amulet is really bad - no life and no cast speed. Also missing a lot of life on the belt.
Additionally, 4 link your helmet and replace the sorrow of the divine with the atziri flask.
Last edited by DirtyDot on Sep 13, 2017, 9:34:52 PM
Nice job, DirtyDot. I'm delighted with this build.

my current gear

I'm crafting better scepters and running uber labs for helm enchant.

Despite being only level 80, this char facetanks and trivialises all tier 15 bosses.
Also, managed to kill all guardians deathless, except Phoenix (died twice, probably becouse i didnt have ruby flask).

"
Nice job, DirtyDot. I'm delighted with this build.

my current gear

I'm crafting better scepters and running uber labs for helm enchant.

Despite being only level 80, this char facetanks and trivialises all tier 15 bosses.
Also, managed to kill all guardians deathless, except Phoenix (died twice, probably becouse i didnt have ruby flask).

well done and impressive gear.
a word of caution - you may find it difficult to switch to a different build once you master this one :)
Thank you for this build. I'm really enjoying it thus far, but I have a few questions. I decided to use an older lvl 65 witch for this that was waiting to be put back in action after a respec from updates. Jumping in at that level is a bit harder then starting at lvl 1 sometimes simply because you may not get all the reasons for this and that. I'd like to understand the build a little better.

That said...

1. On the gem setup for the golems and immortal call with CWDT, why only take them to 15?

2. I notice in at least one video that you have both golems summoned. (I think) Without special mods, how is this achieved?

3. I've also noticed with this link setup with the golems that I have yet to ever see the fire golem appear. Not sure why?

4. Lastly, the orb of storms setup....why level 7 max?

Apologies for all of this. I just want to understand it better. Thank you :)
Last edited by Moonbeat on Sep 16, 2017, 12:31:15 PM
Greetings,

I might be able to answer some of your questions a little bit.

"
Moonbeat wrote:

1. On the gem setup for the golems and immortal call with CWDT, why only take them to 15?

I "think" it has to do with not wanting all your CWDT to be at the same level because only one will proc and over ride any others. If I am wrong I would love to be corrected as I assumed that was the reason.

"
Moonbeat wrote:

2. I notice in at least one video that you have both golems summoned. (I think) Without special mods, how is this achieved?

With Liege of the Primordial Ascendancy allows +1 golem

"
Moonbeat wrote:

3. I've also noticed with this link setup with the golems that I have yet to ever see the fire golem appear. Not sure why?

I had this issue too when I was leveling up my CWDT and only the lightning golem was low enough level. I could self cast the Fire, but the CWDT would kick in and over ride it. Check to see if that is your case. If it isn't, then I don't know, heh

"
Moonbeat wrote:

You are not really doing damage with the orb, you just want to cast it mainly to proc your Mastermind of Discord Ascendancy ability. A side note (for the increased crit) is that you want it to try to proc your Elemental Overload Keystone as well

Thanks for your time

Dugbo
I played with Flameblast Totems, but they are too slow for me.
I Changed for Firestorm totems and game is more fluid and pleasant, but this is my own opinion:)
Btw Build is very nice, i feel power of my totems for now. I will see how its working after change for firestorm:)
"
Greetings,

I might be able to answer some of your questions a little bit.

"
Moonbeat wrote:

I "think" it has to do with not wanting all your CWDT to be at the same level because only one will proc and over ride any others. If I am wrong I would love to be corrected as I assumed that was the reason.

"
Moonbeat wrote:

With Liege of the Primordial Ascendancy allows +1 golem

"
Moonbeat wrote:

I had this issue too when I was leveling up my CWDT and only the lightning golem was low enough level. I could self cast the Fire, but the CWDT would kick in and over ride it. Check to see if that is your case. If it isn't, then I don't know, heh

"
Moonbeat wrote:

You are not really doing damage with the orb, you just want to cast it mainly to proc your Mastermind of Discord Ascendancy ability. A side note (for the increased crit) is that you want it to try to proc your Elemental Overload Keystone as well

Thanks for your time

Dugbo

Thank you Dugbo...that helped a lot and answered most of my questions. I appreciate your time. :)
Little update. I'm level 88 now. Gear pretty much stayed the same.
Spending my currency on crafting new sceptre. Unfortunately, there is no result.

Managed to craft really nice cold sceptre base (T2,T1,T1). Can have multi mode for cast speed and damage multiplier, or more cold damage. Too bad it didn't roll fire instead.

Killed Shaper, Uul-Netol, Esh, Tul and Xoph.
Tried Chayula for the first time and failed. Probably becouse i didn't know her attack animations. Also, she does a lot of chaos damage and my chaos resist is -40.

I really enjoy playing this build.
Bump! Becouse I want more people to see how awesome it is. :Đ
Last edited by TheFashionable on Sep 17, 2017, 12:57:17 AM
"

Killed Shaper, Uul-Netol, Esh, Tul and Xoph.
Tried Chayula for the first time and failed. Probably becouse i didn't know her attack animations. Also, she does a lot of chaos damage and my chaos resist is -40.

I really enjoy playing this build.
Bump! Becouse I want more people to see how awesome it is. :Đ

For Chayula you totally need to bring an amethyst flask or two, and I'd also recommend a chaos resist breach ring (so the resist doubles inside the domain) just for this boss fight.
I have crafted 2 normal wands, 20% quality, with 35% and 36% increased spell damage.

I would like to use an essence on them to transform in rare with guaranteed property.

Should i prefer fire damage to spell (wailing essence of anguish) or fire damage (screaming essence of anger)?

I haven't finished leveling but i'm preparing stuff to go on.

Thank you for sharing this build and for your help.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info