[3.1] Firestorm Leech Tank

I was following PewPewPew firestorm guide, and it was working, really good build. But I was in the need of a guide of where to go towards gear on endgame. I saw your post there, come here, really like the concept and decides to respect in your build.

It was a good choice, build is working better then I imagine, let us see how far it will take me. I was lagging a lot yesterday so I can't complete it deathless but manage to kill Atziri (only dying on her), I will try deathless as soon as possible, Uber Izaro down too (potential uber lab farm build viable). I'm mapping slowly, maybe I can try shaper before league ends.

For those who will try it, maps that fucks with leech will fuck you (obviously), but are far from be impossible to be done.

TL;DR: Nice guide, nice build, very good on bosses. Thank you!
what is your thoughts on the acrobat nodes?
"
Smoove11 wrote:
what is your thoughts on the acrobat nodes?

this build doesn't need to dodge damage, you leech everything back momentarily. the points are better spent on increasing the health pool.
First off, great build. I was running PewPewPew's orignally and really happy I made the transition. Level 84 currently, still lots of work to do gear wise.

I had a few questions
1) Can you explain why you recommend Atziri (Chaos??) and Wise Oak Flasks?
2) Also looks like you made some changes to the gem setup, specifically Vaal Lightening Trap/Flame Dash/Increased Duration? Guide has Flame Dash, another CWDT and Molten Shell? Would be awesome if you had a changelog or something. :) You still mention to use Vaal Lightening Trap of Boss kills.

Thanks!!
"
dn604 wrote:
First off, great build. I was running PewPewPew's orignally and really happy I made the transition. Level 84 currently, still lots of work to do gear wise.

I had a few questions
1) Can you explain why you recommend Atziri (Chaos??) and Wise Oak Flasks?
2) Also looks like you made some changes to the gem setup, specifically Vaal Lightening Trap/Flame Dash/Increased Duration? Guide has Flame Dash, another CWDT and Molten Shell? Would be awesome if you had a changelog or something. :) You still mention to use Vaal Lightening Trap of Boss kills.

Thanks!!

1) Atziri gives extra damage (around 10% more), a bit of extra leech and chaos resistance.
Wise Oak gives penetration and reduced damage taken. Atziri is better value for money unless you are using Xoph's amulet.
2) the last three gem slots are flexible. use whatever you feel like. lightning trap was never really necessary, bosses take just a few seconds to kill anyway.
This is very similar to the first build I started this season, except I took MoM. Because of that, I'm not using Blasphemy, and both curses are applied through CoH + Orb of Storms. This also means that I have to put Arcane Surge on the Firestorm link and use Clarity. Overall my variant seems much less optimized, and I agree that MoM doesn't feel right.

Anyway, even though I don't find this build to be particularly fun, it's very safe because of how Firestorm hits and leeches multiple time per second, and is much less frustrating than anything I've tried so far. I wish it had more mobility though.
Last edited by bm01 on Aug 26, 2017, 2:08:02 AM
Thanks for the build, just came back after a while off and this has helped a lot. There is just 1 part I am unsure of.

With the 2 golems attached to the CWDT gem I havent seen 2 out at any point, is there something I need to do. Maybe an item or skill I havent got yet?

Thanks
Last edited by I3atp4ndas on Aug 26, 2017, 12:39:05 PM
For your leveling recommendations - how does well immortal call work without warlord's mark?

(I have also been wondering about grabbing the support for second curse early on - anyways, I've been trying to adapt the parts of this build which seem to work, but a few parts feel off.)
Last edited by wulkwa on Aug 26, 2017, 2:22:04 PM
Hi,

first of all I was a big whispering ice fan and I am interested in having this feeling again.
Your build looks nice, however I have some questions.

1. I am playing HC and I am worried that 6k health isnt enough to survive burst damage that happens before I am able to cast firestorm to leech (eg. off-screen projectile attacks/ shield chargers)
Is the aditional dmage from elementalist really worth all the block you can get from necromancer?

2. Is spell dmg/castspeed from dualwielding wands really better than a decent +3 staff (especially with kaoms heart in mind)?
"
I3atp4ndas wrote:
Thanks for the build, just came back after a while off and this has helped a lot. There is just 1 part I am unsure of.

With the 2 golems attached to the CWDT gem I havent seen 2 out at any point, is there something I need to do. Maybe an item or skill I havent got yet?

Thanks

Make sure you've got the liege of the primordial ascendancy and that both your golem gems level is within the level requirement of the cwdt gem.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info