[3.1] Firestorm Leech Tank

Why not play with pledge of hands? Free lvl30 spell echo seems nice on paper for this build.
"
polymortis wrote:
Why not play with pledge of hands? Free lvl30 spell echo seems nice on paper for this build.

It is an option (an expensive one) but it doesn't bring anything special to the table. You can get the same or better dps with wands while having more cast speed which just feels better.
Waiting for a 4b2r belly (really hard to find...), i'm using that instead and it does quite the job:
Help me complete my unique collection: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/335591

IGN: CGT_FR
Do you have any general advice for making the transition from leveling (dual totem fireblast) to firestorm leech for ssf?

Or, put differently, roughly when does the firstorm leveling guide start pulling ahead of the fireblasts leveling guide?

(I mean... I could give you my pob, but I think I'd be more interested in your general feelings about where the character should be to sustain herself using firestorm over fireblasts.)
"
70578 wrote:
Do you have any general advice for making the transition from leveling (dual totem fireblast) to firestorm leech for ssf?

Or, put differently, roughly when does the firstorm leveling guide start pulling ahead of the fireblasts leveling guide?

(I mean... I could give you my pob, but I think I'd be more interested in your general feelings about where the character should be to sustain herself using firestorm over fireblasts.)

3.5k+ hp, vaal pact, at least one duration cluster, 6 links (tabula) should feel very strong. I haven't tried 5 links, should be ok as long as you don't punch above your weight.
I have been giving this a try and love it. However I think it is worth noting that you can not combo curse on hit/cwdt/ball lightning. It doesn't work. You can't trigger, a trigger. Ball lightning will go off but it wont give enfeeble. Instead I changed it cwdt/molten/enfeeble/inc duration or inc area. That works much better. I also added a doryani's invitation fire damage belt the mix and it helped tons.

Thanks for the great build!
Last edited by Microdia on Aug 29, 2017, 5:58:36 AM
I have a 6 link belly of the beast but craft 4 blue and 2 red sockets is a pain! 1600 chromatic and nothing... I use Vorici but it's so expensive T_T
"
Microdia wrote:
However I think it is worth noting that you can not combo curse on hit/cwdt/ball lightning. It doesn't work. You can't trigger, a trigger. Ball lightning will go off but it wont give enfeeble.

it works as advertised. i use this setup and you can see it applying enfeeble in every of my videos.
I use CWDT and enfeeble. It works without ball lightning. I think it's enough for boss fight.
"
DirtyDot wrote:
"
Microdia wrote:
However I think it is worth noting that you can not combo curse on hit/cwdt/ball lightning. It doesn't work. You can't trigger, a trigger. Ball lightning will go off but it wont give enfeeble.

it works as advertised. i use this setup and you can see it applying enfeeble in every of my videos.

As it turns out, we were both right. I did some testing, and in fact you can't trigger a trigger. The combo doesn't work until the enfeeble gem outlevels the cwdt gem and it only applies to ball lightning, then it starts applying the curse. Worth noting in the guide I'd say.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info