[3.0] Skeleton Mage build. 7 aura necromancer can both solo endgame maps and support party play

Last edited by KTMetis on Sep 19, 2021, 12:10:33 AM
Last bumped on Nov 21, 2018, 3:18:32 PM
Update 8/11/2017 :
- Basic mechanics & item choices updated'
- Bandit choices added
- Path of Building info added

To do:
- Update Animate Guardian info
- Update Aura Info
- Submit week 1 videos
- Explain Pantheon choices
- Add Leveling Guide
Last edited by KTMetis on Aug 11, 2017, 6:19:04 PM
Hey does this build work as a starting build? All of the other starter builds don't really interest me that much but skelemancer seems cool.

Can you play this build without the legendary items?
Seeing as this was my starter build for Harbinger league I would say yes. While you can't play this build without first getting dead reckonings, you can level as a generic summoner with summon raging spirits and zombies in the mean time. You could level using normal summon skeleton as well.

Queen's Decree, To dust, and Victario's influence are all upgrade uniques that you do not need for the build to function
Okay thanks, I guess I'll try out leveling first to see how it goes. Is it expensive?
Last edited by AgentHempz on Aug 11, 2017, 6:43:50 PM
Been enjoying my skeleton mage necro a lot and have been toying with doing an auramancer version. This gave me the push to do so. Thanks :)
Gonna try mine with sire of shards, though, and 3 points in duration nodes.
Reimur: even though you're wrong, why would you have faith in diamond supporters? you're talking about a group of people that are so autistic that they would spend 1000 dollars on pixels. we're almost the most idiotic group of people in this community. second to hardcore players.
Last edited by thelordrahl on Aug 11, 2017, 7:59:10 PM
"
Okay thanks, I guess I'll try out leveling first to see how it goes. Is it expensive?

Not at all, Getting it started is pretty cheap. Of course upgrading the build to a 6-link, getting lvl 21 gems, getting all the uniqueness can be expensive however.

"
Been enjoying my skeleton mage necro a lot and have been toying with doing an auramancer version. This gave me the push to do so. Thanks :)
Gonna try mine with sire of shards, though, and 3 points in duration nodes.

I'm glad to hear it. :)
The projectiles looks pretty neat with shire of shards. Tell me how it goes or maybe even make a video for it.
Last edited by KTMetis on Aug 11, 2017, 8:22:27 PM
"
KTMetis wrote:
I'm glad to hear it. :)
The projectiles looks pretty neat with shire of shards. Tell me how it goes or maybe even make a video for it.

Will do once I get to sire. Should be sometime tomorrow. Got to 26 tonight; spent more time trading for quality gems than playing XD

Got a 5l/6s sire for 20c, managed to get 5b/1g in 30 chromes and the 1g is in the 5link. So that's set for now. Will save up for a 6l if I like it.

Leveling is super easy and enjoyable for me, at least. 4-link skel mages right at 10, then 6link at 18.
Skels-minion damage-lmp-pierce-faster cast-controlled destruction
desecrate-flesh offering-faster cast
clarity

Killed the vaal oversoul in about 3 seconds lol
Reimur: even though you're wrong, why would you have faith in diamond supporters? you're talking about a group of people that are so autistic that they would spend 1000 dollars on pixels. we're almost the most idiotic group of people in this community. second to hardcore players.
Last edited by thelordrahl on Aug 11, 2017, 11:36:23 PM
8/11/2017 8:37 P.M. update

- Added header image
- Added video: T9 Poorjoy's Asylum showcase
- Added video: T14 Volcano showcase
- Added video: T15 Abyss showcase
- Updated Path of Building info
- Updated Skill tree
- Animate Guardian info updated

To-do list

- Leveling guide
- Pantheon guide
- Week 2 showcase videos
- Bandit choice explanation

Last edited by KTMetis on Aug 11, 2017, 11:54:35 PM
At what level do you switch over to skeletons? I am leveling with zombies and firestorm. I tried out leveling skeletons but they are slow compared to zombies.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info