[3.0] Skeleton Mage build. 7 aura necromancer can both solo endgame maps and support party play

I switched over to leveling with skeletons, zombies, and summon raging spirits and I think I am doing pretty well. I put skeletons on a totem for now and all three of the minions clear really fast.
8/12/2017 1:06 P.M. Update:
- Leveling Guide Updated
- Pantheon Choices Updated
- Character profile link added

To-do List:

- Bandit explanation
- Alternate gem choices
- Alternate weapon choices
- Week 2 videos
what are your thoughts on just straight up life necromancer? im level 40 and debating if i should just run all the life nodes for survivability or using ur aura build... if i take all ur aura nodes i feel like i would lack a lot of life.
Last edited by Magicians on Aug 12, 2017, 4:32:59 PM
"
Magicians wrote:
what are your thoughts on just straight up life necromancer? im level 40 and debating if i should just run all the life nodes for survivability or using ur aura build... if i take all ur aura nodes i feel like i would lack a lot of life.

If you want to go that route, I think instead of just getting all of the life nodes you can, you should instead stack as much strength as you can and run https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Baron

Hey I read the leveling guide but I still am lost on what I should be getting first. Getting both eldritch battery and Zealot's oath takes a lot of points. There are a lot of life and minion stuff I haven't picked up yet. I got some aura stuff but the rest of it is really far away.

Should I be rushing to get eldritch and Zealots first? or the aura stuff? Or should I focus on getting all the minion nodes first.
"
AgentHempz wrote:
Hey I read the leveling guide but I still am lost on what I should be getting first. Getting both eldritch battery and Zealot's oath takes a lot of points. There are a lot of life and minion stuff I haven't picked up yet. I got some aura stuff but the rest of it is really far away.

Should I be rushing to get eldritch and Zealots first? or the aura stuff? Or should I focus on getting all the minion nodes first.

On the my skill tree, do you see how you get minion, life, and are close to aura & stat nodes when pathing towards zealot's oath? you also pass an aura cluster going for eldritch battery.

When I leveled, I rushed to both Zealot's oath and EB so I could use both as soon as I got stone golem. Rushing those already got us a lot of minion and life along the way. After getting those I just took the surrounding nodes that were useful like life and aura clusters.
Last edited by KTMetis on Aug 12, 2017, 7:40:07 PM
"
AgentHempz wrote:

Here's the path I used: http://imgur.com/a/07tFL

I grabbed ZO, MOM, and EB at once at lvl52 when I could use victario's.

Just started act 9 at lvl60 and still deathless. Very smooth and easy leveling experience.

Gear(been wearing most of it since early on XD):
Spoiler

Have better, just can't be bothered to swap atm when it's been a cakewalk without changing. Still need to do cruel and merc lab. Will prob do it after Kitava.
Reimur: even though you're wrong, why would you have faith in diamond supporters? you're talking about a group of people that are so autistic that they would spend 1000 dollars on pixels. we're almost the most idiotic group of people in this community. second to hardcore players.
Last edited by thelordrahl on Aug 12, 2017, 8:07:08 PM
That path image gives a way better explanation than I did. Thanks for making that!
"
KTMetis wrote:
That path image gives a way better explanation than I did. Thanks for making that!

No problem. Really enjoyed leveling it so far.

Here's what my tree looks like at 61: https://tinyurl.com/yat7mvbh

Pathing over to Charisma next, then more life followed by filling up the aura nodes and jewel sockets. Might put off life in favor of more jewels/aura stuff if I have a comfortable amount once I actually put on some life gear. lol
Reimur: even though you're wrong, why would you have faith in diamond supporters? you're talking about a group of people that are so autistic that they would spend 1000 dollars on pixels. we're almost the most idiotic group of people in this community. second to hardcore players.
Last edited by thelordrahl on Aug 12, 2017, 8:23:45 PM
Thank you for your help. I did what you guys said and got the two passives. Without running clarity anymore I am able to run haste and hatred. My next goal is to switch completely over to skeletons. Character is really fun so far.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info