[3.0] Skeleton Mage build. 7 aura necromancer can both solo endgame maps and support party play

Cool build. In your opinion how do feel your build will fair against guardians and shaper? Looking for boss killer build for end game and noticed the single target looks pretty strong.
"
At what level do you switch over to skeletons? I am leveling with zombies and firestorm. I tried out leveling skeletons but they are slow compared to zombies.

You can switch over to skeleton mages as soon as you get two dead reckoning jewels and queen's decree. I wouldn't recommend leveling with firestorm as the minion tree won't really boost its damage.If you are starting with no currency I would level with summon raging spirits instead.
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Summon_Raging_Spirit
Last edited by KTMetis on Aug 12, 2017, 5:35:35 AM
"

Cool build. In your opinion how do feel your build will fair against guardians and shaper? Looking for boss killer build for end game and noticed the single target looks pretty strong.

The damage is more than enough for guardians and shaper. Especially one you get a six link and level 21 skeleton gem.

The biggest issue would be survivibility. I don't see my self being able to do rippy mods on either Shaper or guardians on this build just yet. If you have lots of experience fighting them you could potentially be able to position your self safely during the fights.

I am currently trying to reach 5k life and 1.5k energy shield and going from there.
Last edited by KTMetis on Aug 12, 2017, 5:40:30 AM
"
AgentHempz wrote:
At what level do you switch over to skeletons? I am leveling with zombies and firestorm. I tried out leveling skeletons but they are slow compared to zombies.

This is the second skeleton mage summoner i've leveled this league and for both I've used skeleton mages since level 10 with a Tabula Rasa. Keep the flesh offering buff active and plop down a couple mages then run for the next group and repeat; summon max mages and then spam raging spirits for bosses. Once your skeletons are strong enough you don't even need the spirits.

One thing to note: if you have 10 skeletons and go to summon more, the oldest mage gets replaced by a warrior. One of the reasons I opted not to use Queen's; that and the annoying coloring due to it being str/dex.

It's really quite fast and easy to level with; not as fast as facebreaker warchiefs, but not too far behind.
Reimur: even though you're wrong, why would you have faith in diamond supporters? you're talking about a group of people that are so autistic that they would spend 1000 dollars on pixels. we're almost the most idiotic group of people in this community. second to hardcore players.
Last edited by thelordrahl on Aug 12, 2017, 7:58:00 AM
What im must to use in 6l 4b and 2g sockets?
And how you shoot 5 proj if you use only LMP?
Last edited by deoxesgames on Aug 12, 2017, 10:45:03 AM
Hello, EE can work using ARC / Ball Lightning?
https://www.pathofexile.com/my-account/connections
I really like this build but I'm kind of new...is it noob friendly?
Lvl 50 now and now using

Loving it. Changes mage placement a little bit, but the nova of projectiles and dropping a less modifier are nice.

Nabbed this for 10c a couple minutes ago:

Will be trying to 6l it eventually

Will be swapping over to zealot/mom/eb in 2 levels. :D
Reimur: even though you're wrong, why would you have faith in diamond supporters? you're talking about a group of people that are so autistic that they would spend 1000 dollars on pixels. we're almost the most idiotic group of people in this community. second to hardcore players.
Last edited by thelordrahl on Aug 12, 2017, 1:36:40 PM
"
What im must to use in 6l 4b and 2g sockets?
And how you shoot 5 proj if you use only LMP?

If you have a 4b 2g socket weapon I would use:

Skeleton - minion damage - spell echo - elemental focus - lmp - pierce

You don't really care about status effects and your minions don't really freeze shock or ignite so you want the damage elemental focus provides instead.

You might be seeing it wrong since they shoot in a group a lot but they have 3 projectiles per cast.

"
Hello, EE can work using ARC / Ball Lightning?

Yea you can use EE with a lightning spell. However, note that 1/3 of your minions will be doing lightning damage. The element they are cannot be chosen it is random.

"

I would say it is new player friendly and say you would be able to play this if

1. You have a basic understanding of what boosts minion dps and what doesn't.
2. You understand how to trade and acquire items

Both of these things you will come to understand as you play the game. If you are not sure how to say boost dps of minions you can use the same exact skill tree and gem sockets as me.

Remember that you do not have to level with the same build as your end game. You can use other minions like summon raging spirits to help you out.

You can buy items through here. http://poe.trade/

I'll try to put a leveling guide in asap

Last edited by KTMetis on Aug 12, 2017, 2:04:03 PM
"
Silverwing9 wrote:

The only part I'd say is not noob friendly is using MoM + Zealot's Oath + Eldritch Battery. Having to rely on just flasks for life is definitely not what I'd call noob friendly. Luckily, you don't need to do that until way later. Gives you plenty of time to learn how to play it.
Last edited by thelordrahl on Aug 12, 2017, 2:18:07 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info