[3.0] Skeleton Mage build. 7 aura necromancer can both solo endgame maps and support party play

oh my god that colors... i waste 50c and nothing x.x

your build is super cool but find the right color is painful :////. i dont know what to do
Last edited by ZooeyFest on Aug 17, 2017, 12:36:19 AM
"

your build is super cool but find the right color is painful :////. i dont know what to do

Oh man sorry to hear that :(

Were you trying for 4B2G or 3B3G.

http://siveran.github.io/calc.html

this is a good website to see how much chromes you want to hoard before crafting. I found it better to use vorichi 1B for the 3B3G and 2B for the 4B2G.

Honestly I think if you get 3B3G you should stick with it and try for 4B2G when you have 4000+ chromes.

Also, 3B2G1R would work too. You could use empower temporarily.
Last edited by KTMetis on Aug 17, 2017, 12:43:28 AM
"
KTMetis wrote:
"

Oh man sorry to hear that :(

Were you trying for 4B2G or 3B3G.

http://siveran.github.io/calc.html

this is a good website to see how much chromes you want to hoard before crafting. I found it better to use vorichi 1B for the 3B3G and 2B for the 4B2G.

Honestly I think if you get 3B3G you should stick with it and try for 4B2G when you have 4000+ chromes.

Also, 3B2G1R would work too. You could use empower temporarily.

honestly, is hard get 5L/6L. The sword is unpopular and nobodys sell it linked. you should add
advantage and disadvantages. thanks ktmetis and sorry for my poor english.

Rolled this build, these are my current gears. Sitting at 3.8k Life I feel like this build is fun and feels good. Having said that I don't think this build will ever be able to consistently do end-game maps/bosses, I feel it is way too squishy, even with 5k+ hp. But we shall see.
IGN - Imgur
Good build but too low hp for hardcore playing...5k is too squishy for end game...any idea for better survability?
"
Madbeats wrote:

Rolled this build, these are my current gears. Sitting at 3.8k Life I feel like this build is fun and feels good. Having said that I don't think this build will ever be able to consistently do end-game maps/bosses, I feel it is way too squishy, even with 5k+ hp. But we shall see.

I have been able to easily do end game maps and bosses without dying. Guardians can be done. T15 maps with dangerous map mods have been done. Farming uber lab was done. The only thing I haven't tried yet is shaper and uber atziri (I really don't care much to do uber atziri tbh).
Last edited by KTMetis on Aug 17, 2017, 1:12:19 PM
"
TIMYYYYY wrote:
Good build but too low hp for hardcore playing...5k is too squishy for end game...any idea for better survability?

There are some things you can do like sacrificing a purity or wrath to run arctic armour. Sacrifice vaal haste to run cwdt. Don't get as many jewel nodes and get more %life. Run a no link Flame dash instead of Leap slam - faster attacks setup in order to make space for a decoy totem.

I have no issue with and late game survivability just through positioning and mind over matter for mistakes. Mistakes do happen and I do die, which doesn't mean as much in softcore where I can fix that mistake while in hardcore it would mean the character is ruined. So I see where you are coming from wanting more survivability.

However, If you are playing hardcore and seen that this is a softcore build then you should be able to adjust the defenses accordingly. I made this guide assuming that hardcore players are hardcore and can adjust builds to their needs.
Last edited by KTMetis on Aug 17, 2017, 1:24:04 PM
Hi,

i am playing your build and compared yours (with all the equipment) to mine. Its all fine except ONE thing: Path of building shows in Calcs: under attack/cast rate 4.02/s with MH base at 1.24378
my skellie mages have an base of 0.5128

i included 6 to dust jewels too but have no idea how u got a much higer base attack rate with your mages.

Second:

I am not so sure if the gem links with summon skeleltons yor aur using are the maybe best. How about using "Damage on full life support" and "Elemental focus" or "controlled destruction" ?
According to POB that could be higher damge, what u think of it ?

Thanks in advance
"
taychuur wrote:
Hi,

i am playing your build and compared yours (with all the equipment) to mine. Its all fine except ONE thing: Path of building shows in Calcs: under attack/cast rate 4.02/s with MH base at 1.24378
my skellie mages have an base of 0.5128

i included 6 to dust jewels too but have no idea how u got a much higer base attack rate with your mages.

Second:

I am not so sure if the gem links with summon skeleltons yor aur using are the maybe best. How about using "Damage on full life support" and "Elemental focus" or "controlled destruction" ?
According to POB that could be higher damge, what u think of it ?

Thanks in advance

Regarding the To Dust jewels, someone mentioned that to me as well. My character is like yours where the cast rate is different in path of building than in game. Please send a support ticket to inform GGG about it. I sent one but it helps if more people do so. I am not sure if it is just a visual tooltip error and the cast speed is added or if the cast speed is just bugged. I hope they fix it either way.

And I talked about gem links in the gem section in the build. My gem links are

Skeleton - spell echo - minion damage - lmp - Pierce - Elemental focus

You can see this in both Path of Building and in the current Item section.

I said in the gem and links section that Elemental focus would be better. I just used added cold because of socket coloring issues. What did you want to replace in my gem links? Please elaborate more because you did not say what you think should be replaced and I am assuming you mean replacing added cold. Since Spell echo effects your cast speed and the skeletons it makes your 10 skeleton uptime faster while increasing damage. LMP and Pierce Makes sure you actually hit the entire pack. And minion damage gives similar DPS with no drawbacks or situational bonuses.

I don't understand why people keep bringing this up when I already explained that yes there are better options but you are limited by socket colors if you don't have enough currency.I am not talking about you specifically but I get a lot of in game messages and whispers on the forum asking about these things when I put it in the guide already. I feel like people just glance at the links suggestion and don't actually look at my explanation or actual gear.

I apologise for being rude, I just felt the need to say this due to how often it is brought up to me.
Last edited by KTMetis on Aug 17, 2017, 8:35:43 PM
Would increased Mana or Energy Shield be more desirable on gear and jewellery?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info