[3.x - Discontinued for now] Burning Spectres - Torch the Atlas - HC Shaper, Elder, Uber Atziri

I don't even know what to say right now.

My 21 AG died in a tier 4 trial. Really? I gotta buy his gear again? What kinda gay crap is that? So...you can't do Uber Lab with AG then??

edit: guess I was suppsoed to take the AG gem out /desummon him. He keeps his items.
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Jan 6, 2018, 12:08:43 AM
"
"
"
Completed 22 Challengesgrimjack68 wrote:
"
"
Completed 14 ChallengesLabudism wrote:
Hello, I asked this a while back but never received an answer.

If I spectral throw a Dyadus from my offhand do I apply the chill and burning damage buff?

Thanks!

This *should* work. However, you're giving up a LOT of defense by not using a shield, and you can get a significantly better boost by putting it in an Animated Guardian, so... ???

Also, only 1 every 2 hits would apply chill, and only for 1 sec, that will be exhausted much faster than you can use bonus. That's why we also need icetomb.

Anyway, it's a bad idea, really really bad idea.

Thanks for the reply. I just really hate the idea of investing all this money into a AG that just dies sometimes. I was thinking a spectral throw linked with GMP + Curse on Hit + Flammability would take care of debuffing any targets and free up a lot of gem slots in this build. Also, with advancing fortress in your manin hand, you shouldn't lose too much block I would think. Is there a better way to do this without using AG?
Does the clear speed ever improve? It's kind of...meh, even with 19 Desecrate and 19 Raise Specter.
My gear

Also, I just did a t9 and a Abysaal Depths in it. two of my Specters died, had to turn around and go back to hideout.
t9 and Specters dying....kinda worrisome, and again, the clear speed is meh.
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Jan 6, 2018, 1:06:34 AM
"
Does the clear speed ever improve? It's kind of...meh, even with 19 Desecrate and 19 Raise Specter.
My gear

Map with Solar Guards, use undying hunger. Only use TV's for hard bossing (T16/17 imo).
Last edited by mknzee on Jan 6, 2018, 1:06:16 AM
"
"
My gear

Map with Solar Guards, use undying hunger. Only use TV's for hard bossing (T16/17 imo).

Solarguards is a completely different support gem set up in chest...

The Op leads us to believe the burning Specters are just fine. In fact it's what the build thread is about. They're kinda...not. Not for clear speed anyways. But uh....changing chest colors again and again can't be the answer : /. I don't know anyone who does ONLY t16 bosses or ONLY mapping.

I'm pretty underwhelmed and annoyed. As you can see, I'm heavily invested.
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Jan 6, 2018, 1:22:35 AM
"
"
"
My gear

Solarguards is a completely different support gem set up in chest...

The Op leads us to believe the burning Specters are just fine. In fact it's what the build thread is about. They're kinda...not. Not for clear speed anyways. But uh....changing chest colors again and again can't be the answer : /. I don't know anyone who does ONLY t16 bosses or ONLY mapping.

I'm pretty underwhelmed and annoyed. As you can see, I'm heavily invested.

Try to Run 1 Hungry Loop with skeleton mages but this is not easy to do because u need to clear 3 jewel Sockets (2 Dead reckon + 1 for summoning 6 skeletons) Have Hungry Loop eat GMP+Minion Damage+Pierce+Spell Echo. If this doesn't work for your Both bosses and Map clearing I dont see anything else helping other than swapping between spectres. You already should have around 2-3 Jewel Sockets so this is not hard U can even Just try with 2 Sockets only for Dead Reckon and if clear speed is to your liking just buy the Summoning jewel too. As for investing in making a 5-Link Ring , if you dont like you can always vendor the ring to get gems back. Overall if you try this and not like it'll cost you around 10chaos(counting Respec Points).
If this doesn't work for "my"?
Look, I'm saying the build is pretty bad for clear speed. The answer is to basically switch things around and play a different summoner build.

That sucks.
I think I'm done with this game lol
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Jan 6, 2018, 2:12:36 AM
"
If this doesn't work for "my"?
Look, I'm saying the build is pretty bad for clear speed. The answer is to basically switch things around and play a different summoner build.

That sucks. All my gear and jewels are perfectly balanced around this set up.

I think I'm done with this game lol

Your build as in the build you are doing. This build is fine as you can see the person who did himself is around 95 lvl and tons of people are doing summoners.

As for the thing I told you .
For HC;
Running Hungry Loop Skeleton Mages
Advancing Fortress=> Each have around 5k Dps
the Scourge=> Each have around 6k Dps

If you are SC just do this on a Pledge of Hands and 5Link =>7.9k Dps 6Link=>11.3k Dps

If you decided not to do this at all just run Solar Guards nothing but Gems change and keep that up. There is no normal build where you don't swap around to have both Good map clear with good Boss kill. Those that exist almost all got nerfed and I can't think any other. And I don't know what is the problem you are having because it is not a general issue . This patch has so many summoners for a reason.

Edit: Forgot to add this build is geared for HC and it is fast for HC. If you are doing SC and comparing it to other SC insane Rippy builds obviously this would fall behind. Seriously from the Items you have linked you seem to be doing everything on the spot I dont see why you'd have any trouble. Maybe because you dont have zombies.And dont forget you need to control and guide the spectres. You have to keep showing them where to attack. I write all of these because nothing else comes to mind.
Last edited by Gosp06 on Jan 6, 2018, 2:22:15 AM
"
I don't even know what to say right now.

My 21 AG died in a tier 4 trial. Really? I gotta buy his gear again? What kinda gay crap is that? So...you can't do Uber Lab with AG then??

edit: guess I was suppsoed to take the AG gem out /desummon him. He keeps his items.
For your AG to survive, he needs more levels... and maybe more life. I run him in a +2 minion gems helm, with fortify, minion life, and empower 3+. Plus, for the TV support I give him Bringer of Rain, which boosts his life even more. With this setup I've taken him through a ghosted Phoenix and he survived. You could add in Southbound gloves as well, then chances are he can tank Shaper's beam.

T4 trial seems awfully low to lose him in. If you're going to support him with just a couple gems though, put him in a weapon or shield, then you can desummon by using weapon switch.
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
"
Labudism wrote:

Thanks for the reply. I just really hate the idea of investing all this money into a AG that just dies sometimes. I was thinking a spectral throw linked with GMP + Curse on Hit + Flammability would take care of debuffing any targets and free up a lot of gem slots in this build. Also, with advancing fortress in your manin hand, you shouldn't lose too much block I would think. Is there a better way to do this without using AG?

If you set up the AG properly, he'll die ... well, nearly never. I lost him once last league, and once this league. Last league I did literally everything - shaper, uber atziri, ghosted phoenix, no problems with the AG. The one time he died was long before I maxed out his gems, and I could have saved him if I was paying attention.

Shield slot is stupid OP this league, with items like this:

That's essentially a shield and stone of lazhwar amulet in a single item, which frees up my amulet slot.

Your spectral throw / gmp / CoH / Flammability combo will work, however, you're giving up a stack of damage from not having another one in your main hand. OTOH, you'll have another 4L to work with, so perhaps you can boost your DPS with something in there. For that matter, if you pick up one of the new helms that are effectively 6 links for TVs, you could use your 6L chest to put together some pretty serious dps.
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info