[3.x - Discontinued for now] Burning Spectres - Torch the Atlas - HC Shaper, Elder, Uber Atziri

"
Putting it in a 3L shield will work fine. You absolutely have to give something up to run the CWDT though.

Personally, I run:
- Spectres in a 6L
- Movement skill in a 3L
- Animate Guardian in a 4L
- Curse in a 4L
- Everything else gets squeezed in where ever it will fit. Bone and flesh offering, stone golem, desecrate, convocation, clarity, determination...

If I were to pull things out to try a CWDT setup, I'd probably pull stone golem and determination. Maybe the AG if I can't fit it all in.

Thanks for the reply. What does CWDT stand for, and AG? I'm currently using the following:
- Spectres in a 6L
- Movement skill in a 3L (Whirl blades + stone golem + faster attacks per the one tip)
- Curse in a 4L
- Offerings + Increase Duration Support + faster casting in a 4L
Then I have my shield and a ring. However to hit 68 for the shield, to get BO + Desecrate + Cast on hit.

I'm currently 54 and transitioning into spectres. I am not yet using clarity or determination.

Edit: Oh NM AG is animate guardian. I dont even know what to use it on until i have the time/money/patience to get the drydaeus or w/e.
Last edited by Weioo on Jan 21, 2018, 9:36:20 PM
"
Weioo wrote:
"
Putting it in a 3L shield will work fine. You absolutely have to give something up to run the CWDT though.

Personally, I run:
- Spectres in a 6L
- Movement skill in a 3L
- Curse in a 4L
- Everything else gets squeezed in where ever it will fit. Bone and flesh offering, stone golem, desecrate, convocation, clarity, determination...

If I were to pull things out to try a CWDT setup, I'd probably pull stone golem and determination. Maybe the AG if I can't fit it all in.

Thanks for the reply. What does CWDT stand for, and AG? I'm currently using the following:
- Spectres in a 6L
- Movement skill in a 3L (Whirl blades + stone golem + faster attacks per the one tip)
- Curse in a 4L
- Offerings + Increase Duration Support + faster casting in a 4L
Then I have my shield and a ring. However to hit 68 for the shield, to get BO + Desecrate + Cast on hit.

I'm currently 54 and transitioning into spectres. I am not yet using clarity or determination.

Edit: Oh NM AG is animate guardian. I dont even know what to use it on until i have the time/money/patience to get the drydaeus or w/e.

CWDT = Cast When Damage Taken support
AG = Animated Guardian

Clarity / Determination are basically just to trigger the Commander of Darkness ascendancy. So no need to fit them until you've run the lab and taken it. :)

You're about to start having fun. :D

Edit: Which Spectres are you running? That will determine what you buy for your AG setup. It's not terribly expensive to set up, probably less than 5 chaos all together. Until your AG gem is pretty high level it'll be awfully squishy though.
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
Last edited by grimjack68 on Jan 21, 2018, 9:41:55 PM
Awsome build, having a lot of fun playing it on xbox. Just want some info:

Wich links i should use for solar Guards?
What equips i should put on my AG?
I want to go dual curse, wich curses i should use?
Ok, doing pretty well into T13 maps and such. Just got a 6L Vis Mortis, and am thinking of investing into a good 6L helm with Minion life, damage and burning to run with golems. I have a few questions though.

- Am I better off going Golems + 4 TV's, and if so is the helm mentioned above good for such a set up?
- If I run golems, do I need the complete set of Primordial Jewels?
- Skeles are dying pretty easy atm, do I just ditch them?
- We use a elemental focus support in a burning build, does this not stop burning?

Finally, this has been one of the funnest and also most intensive thinking builds I've ever played. I'm sure I've missed something or screwed something up. Any advice on gear upgrades / Tree amendments would be greatly appreciated!
"
Edit: Which Spectres are you running? That will determine what you buy for your AG setup. It's not terribly expensive to set up, probably less than 5 chaos all together. Until your AG gem is pretty high level it'll be awfully squishy though.

Tukohama's Vanguards or w/e they are, all 3 of em.... and 5c is quite a bit to me! I'm using a friend's Tabula until I can save up 30c+ for a 5-6L Vis Mortis... and need gloves, and rings, passive skill jewels, etc. lol. Build isn't cheap!
Last edited by Weioo on Jan 21, 2018, 10:51:27 PM
"
Weioo wrote:
"

Tukohama's Vanguards or w/e they are, all 3 of em.... and 5c is quite a bit to me! I'm using a friend's Tabula until I can save up 30c+ for a 5-6L Vis Mortis... and need gloves, and rings, passive skill jewels, etc. lol. Build isn't cheap!

Just ignore AG if you cannot afford him. He's a boost to dps but honestly not that much necessary. Btw, he should be fine if you have minion life support, fortify support for AG and you get some minion regen on tree and on jewels and play carefully (put him in shield so you can quickly swap weapon to de-summon him)
Can you respect Lab points on my necromancer?
and if so How
Just had my first shaper kill (deathless on my first try!) with a (somewhat modified) version of this build. Thanks Natt.

Where I diverged from the original build:

Magna Eclipsis (+2 to socketed gems) -> Level 21 Animate Guardian, level 19 Minion Life and level 3 Empower = 50k+ minion life. It also has a nifty 1000 damage elemental damage buffer shield, decent life and armor as a bonus. Highly, highly recommend this. AG tanks for days.

6L CWDT Spirit Offering / Bone Offering -> This is completely insane, but it probably didn't help versus Shapey because it doesn't trigger against degens. https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/7plnke/mechanics_showcase_the_immortal_spectre_summoner/

4L helmet with supported by Minion Damage and supported by Burning Damage elder mods. Gave me an effective 6L for my spectres (1 WickerMan 3 Vanguard were used for clear, 4 Vanguard for Shaper) so I could use the CWDT setup in my Vis Mortis.

Character is armyofthedeaders for anyone interested. Spent less than 10ex.

All of my jewels have cast speed on them, which scales solar guards, not Vanguards. I didn't care for the Solar Guard variation; the visuals were extremely distracting and made it hard to see. I went back to Vanguards after a couple levels but never bought proper jewels for them.
"
WarriorX10 wrote:
Can you respect Lab points on my necromancer?
and if so How
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Ascendancy_class#Refunding
"
Weioo wrote:
"

LOL! Actually, yes, this build is cheap. You can buy all the gear required to run up to and including shaper for less than 10c. Prior to this, I've never seen a build that could do that for less than hundreds of chaos.

Not to worry though, once you make it into red maps, you'll start dropping currency and valuable items. It gets much easier pretty quickly.

For Tukohama's Vanguards, your AG setup is dual dyadus axes, icetomb, bringer of rain, rainbowstride, and either southbound or gloves with resists and life.
Last edited by grimjack68 on Jan 22, 2018, 12:01:46 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info