[3.x - Discontinued for now] Burning Spectres - Torch the Atlas - HC Shaper, Elder, Uber Atziri

Thanks for the experience:)

Shaper down as 87 lvl and most gems 19 lvl^^
Wearing some lvl 30 yellows 3 pc and biscos on neck. Only 1 death for me...And shaper died before 3dt phase..
Hey, what spectres are the best to use for Kitava before I get to maps? I can't get decent leveled vanguards atm so I'm curious what are the best single target alternatives in a9/a10.
are the wickermen or vanguard spectres in path of building at all or am I blind ?
"
deadfncat wrote:
are the wickermen or vanguard spectres in path of building at all or am I blind ?

Last I checked they were still not there.
"
Chlis wrote:
Hey, what spectres are the best to use for Kitava before I get to maps? I can't get decent leveled vanguards atm so I'm curious what are the best single target alternatives in a9/a10.

Act 9: Solar Guards, Flame/Frost Sentinel. Though you need different gem links for single target and you should get Soul Weaver to get enough dps.

Act 10: Wickerman or Kitava's Heralds, both can clear everything in Act 10 with the OP's gem links.
Last edited by wiwigvn on Oct 10, 2017, 12:43:58 AM
Killed uber atziri with 2 wicker mans and 2 vanguards. Pretty much walk in the park. Spectres never went under 50% hp so pretty easy I guess. Trio was easiest part some how...
"
Giammafix wrote:
"
krofj wrote:
I rolled this one. And what can i say... At some point I hope its getting nerfed. Killed shaper on lvl 77 with out uber lab. Did not have capped resistances and my hp was around 4.5. Cleared all guardians etc... Damage output is out of this world... Tankiness of those spectres are really too far... :) next stop is uber atziri, but I wanna get around lvl 88 at least to try it. Need more hp.

this build is incredibly strong indeed, but you have to consider that:
- spectres have average clearspeed, not even comparable to that broken dark pact berserker which deals ton of damage in single target and has a ridicolous clearspeed;
- spectres can die occasionally; it's avoidable with knowledge of the mechanics and keeping an eye on their life and positioning, but there are bosses and maps which are still dangerous for them: 1) uber atziri trio, if the guys who apply stacks of bleeding are not killed fast enough, one or two spectres will die; if the guy who spawns degen around the room is not killed fast, it becomes dangerous both for you and your spectres; 2) uber lab and trials chop-traps or spikes can kill the spectres if you don't use convocation a lot or if they get stuck in a room full of those traps; 3)overgrown ruin bosses with degeneration and chaos damage can kill the spectres if they don't get killed fast enough 4)spectres will die in hall of grandmasters due to pvp scaling in damage while spectres downlevel with the zone; 5) minotaur with poison on hit can be an issue sometimes but not too much of a trouble.

at the moment there are builds like the scion bladeflurry, the dark pact perserker, the wander pathfinder, who can obliterate shaper, uber atziri, uber izaro etc. even faster than spectres, clearing maps and lab at much faster speed; and they don't need to summon anyone, they just login, left-click spam the skills, and some of them even facetank the stuff.
I hope that GGG will consider this when it's time to nerf stuff

You forget about one thing. All you need on this build is 6l do easy do shaper and atziri. LvL 19 desecrate. But i guess shaper can be done with 5l vis mortis. While wander and doomflech need about 10ex and more in to gear to actually start doing something. Even then they are really low on defense or damage, cant get both.
I switched in A8 to spectres, what spectres would you recommend to survive Kitava and Merci lab? Low level Vanguards are no use, sentinels are better, but still die too often. I play spectres for the first time, so appreciate any tip.
"
lakyljuk wrote:
I switched in A8 to spectres, what spectres would you recommend to survive Kitava and Merci lab? Low level Vanguards are no use, sentinels are better, but still die too often. I play spectres for the first time, so appreciate any tip.

Solar Guards for Act 8. They're somewhat tankier than Sentinels IIRC and their cannon beams are fire-based and sto

Also, check the following if your spectres rip too often:
- Descerate level enough or not?
- Soul Weaver is a huge boost
- All minion leech and life passives on tree are important
- Ele res is also important
- Jewels
- Convocation often
- Avoid chaos damage

Generally speaking, spectres should start being invincible from Act9 or Act10 so do not expect too much. Just stick with SRS until Act9 if you feel them too squishy.
Last edited by wiwigvn on Oct 10, 2017, 2:38:52 AM
"
wiwigvn wrote:
"
lakyljuk wrote:

Solar Guards for Act 8. They're somewhat tankier than Sentinels IIRC and their cannon beams are fire-based and sto

Also, check the following if your spectres rip too often:
- Descerate level enough or not?
- Soul Weaver is a huge boost
- All minion leech and life passives on tree are important
- Ele res is also important
- Jewels
- Convocation often
- Avoid chaos damage

Generally speaking, spectres should start being invincible from Act9 or Act10 so do not expect too much. Just stick with SRS until Act9 if you feel them too squishy.

Awesome, thanks a lot. In my case it was low level Descrate, which created only 35lvl corpses which could not survive in Act9, now I got some Solar Guards and all good.
Last edited by lakyljuk on Oct 10, 2017, 3:24:55 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info