[3.x - Discontinued for now] Burning Spectres - Torch the Atlas - HC Shaper, Elder, Uber Atziri

"
krofj wrote:

You forget about one thing. All you need on this build is 6l do easy do shaper and atziri. LvL 19 desecrate. But i guess shaper can be done with 5l vis mortis. While wander and doomflech need about 10ex and more in to gear to actually start doing something. Even then they are really low on defense or damage, cant get both.

shaper on 5 link with this build is pefectly viable, but not farmable.
sunder builds on 5 links are viable to do shaper too; as well as dark pact marauders; it will take time for sure, but if you know the shaper mechanics, you can definitely do it.
it's all about mechanics, a friend of mine with min maxed gear failed his first shaper run after detonating an ice bullet inside zana's ball during the bullet hell phase; uber atziri can be tricky too if you don't know what the trio does, in which order kill them, and how to properly dodge flameblasts and storm calls.

my brother played his ever first league last month, never played path of exile before though he was experienced with hack and slash from diablo, he choose a spectral throw raider (elemental buzzsaw, the same one played by mathil now) and did all game content in one month, completed 36 challenges, all alone without carry.
he just needed 6 link belly, good gear, level 21 spectral throw, good playstyle, and killed all the endgame bosses; not to mention he was able to complete the hall of grandmasters on his own, a thing that this build can't do; his build has way greater clearspeed than this one.
you can look at his profile if you don't believe me
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Arator95/characters
where you can check his register date, challenges completed, and his gear...some level 21 gems, he didn't even need an helm enchant! :D

all of this to prove that this isn't the only broken build in game, sure they can nerf the spectre damage a bit, but they should take a look around before hitting the nerfhammer
Last edited by Giammafix on Oct 10, 2017, 5:00:21 AM
Seems like people tend to forget that this build is squishy like hell and rely on slow playstyle to stay relatively tanky. Block and MoM are no where as tanky as leech by far. Its strong point, dps only matters for bosses in general, and other aspects are only a-okay (tankiness, clearspeed, Quality of Life due to spectre build, etc.). Several other builds are like that too, for example, BF, AW, totem in general, etc. are boss-dps oriented build while sacrificing clearspeed.

Wander and doomfletch are more clearspeed build so it's not fair to compare boss dps of those builds with this build and say it's OP.

So, with the same low budget investment, you need to choose sacrifice clearspeed, boss dps, tanky or even QoL.

btw, the budget of this build will definitely rise with new patch and more popularity of the builds (5L Vis Mortis is already 50c now, compared to 30c when I first bought mine)

ST is my favorite skill in this game. Played ST every single league. So... no, ST don't come even close to this one. Trust me... And i had better gear then your brother. Stilll even with around 5.6k hp you are less tanky to one shots then this one. You have to actually facetank with slower proj to do damage and heal yourself. While with this one you cast arc once every 4-5 sec... other then that, keep up bone offering and be immortal. ;)
"
krofj wrote:
ST is my favorite skill in this game. Played ST every single league. So... no, ST don't come even close to this one. Trust me... And i had better gear then your brother. Stilll even with around 5.6k hp you are less tanky to one shots then this one. You have to actually facetank with slower proj to do damage and heal yourself. While with this one you cast arc once every 4-5 sec... other then that, keep up bone offering and be immortal. ;)

my purpose wasn't to show how good was my brother's gear, but that he could be able to complete endgame content + 36 league challenges in one month with "good but not so great" gear.
sure he had to practice a lot to dodge oneshots, but shaper's slam can oneshot this build as well, like uber atziri's flameblast, hyper-modded minotaur, etc.
of course it takes longer to kill the shaper compared to this build, because you have to hit and move while with spectres you can run away while spectres and totems will take care of the boss, but can clear maps really fast (and he could even facetank the minotaur deathless).
think about dark pact berserker...insane clearspeed, brainless playstyle and huge single target dps, immune to reflect, crazy life leech...
I really love this build and it's the best I ever played, but they should nerf the broken ones first...
think about what GGG did with essence drain, heavily nerfed and that skill was far away from being a top tier dps build...I enjoyed it last league but at the moment thanks to the nonsense nerfs it requires too much investment to actually do something, and that's simply bad balance
Last edited by Giammafix on Oct 10, 2017, 6:14:53 AM
I don't know what I'm doing so wrong but against shaper my AG and my spectres die during phase 2. I don't follow exactly this guide (got uberelite's tree) but I don't know what's wrong.
Your either missing resistance on your specter's or not convacting right. Im playing a similar setup to this I just chose to go hybrid route and use a midnight bargain does the same thing as a vis mortis pretty much for me atleast. I do use a scorching ray cwc descerate bone offering setup so I can stay alive during the intense boss fight's and to guide my crew, as well as buff them with the offering as well.

(Im using the Fortified Legion jewel which give's my minions 15% max life and 2% of life regeneration when they block stacked along side 2 jewels that have the minions have X% block to make the jewel feel relevant while just speed clearing)
"
SinLortuen wrote:
I don't know what I'm doing so wrong but against shaper my AG and my spectres die during phase 2. I don't follow exactly this guide (got uberelite's tree) but I don't know what's wrong.

Just my opinion from viewing your char:

1. Bone Offering too low level. Max it for boss fight, including the CWDT one. It gives 33% extra block!

2. You seem to have no additional life/res for your spectre on jewels. It's more important than +minion dam if your spectre cannot survive. Unending Hunger does little to benefit Wickerman and Vanguards, I suggest replacing it.

3. Skullhead does wonder for spectre survivability with extra 10% block (again you have no additional minion blocks on jewels), 2% regen, extra res so if your current helm is not helpful enough, it may be worthwhile to try Skullhead

In short, I think you underestimate the importance of minion life + block + ele res + regen + leech in this build. They all add up to make your spectres invincible! (That's why they still rip to chaos boss since this build has no chaos protection for spectres)

I do not see your main Desecrate gem but I guess you should have lv19 one to desecrate your spectres in Shaper's Realm (hence lv84 spectre)

Hope it helps
Last edited by wiwigvn on Oct 10, 2017, 8:20:47 AM
"
wiwigvn wrote:
"
SinLortuen wrote:

1. Bone Offering too low level. Max it for boss fight, including the CWDT one. It gives 33% extra block!

2. You seem to have no additional life/res for your spectre on jewels. It's more important than +minion dam if your spectre cannot survive. Unending Hunger does little to benefit Wickerman and Vanguards, I suggest replacing it.

3. Skullhead does wonder for spectre survivability with extra 10% block (again you have no additional minion blocks on jewels), 2% regen, extra res so if your current helm is not helpful enough, it may be worthwhile to try Skullhead

In short, I think you underestimate the importance of minion life + block + ele res + regen + leech in this build. They all add up to make your spectres invincible! (That's why they still rip to chaos boss since this build has no chaos protection for spectres)

I do not see your main Desecrate gem but I guess you should have lv19 one to desecrate your spectres in Shaper's Realm (hence lv84 spectre)

Hope it helps

Yea I couldn't have said it better myself, Ty wiwigvn for noticing the descerate lvl, i was looking for it too on weapon swap and not noticing one in main gear as well. I was still sipping my coffee still slow af without my coffee to snap me awake XD

I like using the unending hunger jewel's just for the additional clear speed, rare to get minion area on jewel's, and w/e soul eater is just grave on the icing for me as it act's like a vacuum cleanear effect vs harbinger's. Tbh i really enjoyed specter's this league i didn't think 4 of them and bob the guardian was all the minions I needed for end game, last time i played a specter summoner was after nemesis league or w/e league it was snap shotting was removed.

I personally didnt like the idea of the meta then sitting around for 15 mins snapshotting bugging the game out with like 20 linked specter's and zombie's or w/e it was then before playing the game, i just kinda wanted to summon them and go. So far this is legit for me i just summon them and go no changing link's needed for boss's or clear speed, just dont run in thinking ur immortal XD still need to dodge and play the game which is just my playstyle
"
lyeesia wrote:
"
wiwigvn wrote:
"
SinLortuen wrote:

Hope it helps

Yea I couldn't have said it better myself, Ty wiwigvn for noticing the descerate lvl, i was looking for it too on weapon swap and not noticing one in main gear as well. I was still sipping my coffee still slow af without my coffee to snap me awake XD

I like using the unending hunger jewel's just for the additional clear speed, rare to get minion area on jewel's, and w/e soul eater is just grave on the icing for me as it act's like a vacuum cleanear effect vs harbinger's. Tbh i really enjoyed specter's this league i didn't think 4 of them and bob the guardian was all the minions I needed for end game, last time i played a specter summoner was after nemesis league or w/e league it was snap shotting was removed.

I personally didnt like the idea of the meta then sitting around for 15 mins snapshotting bugging the game out with like 20 linked specter's and zombie's or w/e it was then before playing the game, i just kinda wanted to summon them and go. So far this is legit for me i just summon them and go no changing link's needed for boss's or clear speed, just dont run in thinking ur immortal XD still need to dodge and play the game which is just my playstyle

yeap, after playing ST/discharge i'm pretty sick of changing gems on every single bossfight :( Even on spectres before, you had to change gems/links etc for bossing. Now? Just use same links and go every time you log in :)
I think people also are failing to point out the fact we have to deal with downscaling of spectres...and have others mentioned our clearspeed is pretty ass comparatively.

I think the main point is that while this build is powerful, it isn't without it's downsides. So people calling out "this should get nerfed" haven't played the game enough to understand a truly broken build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info