[3.x - Discontinued for now] Burning Spectres - Torch the Atlas - HC Shaper, Elder, Uber Atziri

"
wiwigvn wrote:
"
SinLortuen wrote:
I don't know what I'm doing so wrong but against shaper my AG and my spectres die during phase 2. I don't follow exactly this guide (got uberelite's tree) but I don't know what's wrong.

Just my opinion from viewing your char:

1. Bone Offering too low level. Max it for boss fight, including the CWDT one. It gives 33% extra block!

2. You seem to have no additional life/res for your spectre on jewels. It's more important than +minion dam if your spectre cannot survive. Unending Hunger does little to benefit Wickerman and Vanguards, I suggest replacing it.

3. Skullhead does wonder for spectre survivability with extra 10% block (again you have no additional minion blocks on jewels), 2% regen, extra res so if your current helm is not helpful enough, it may be worthwhile to try Skullhead

In short, I think you underestimate the importance of minion life + block + ele res + regen + leech in this build. They all add up to make your spectres invincible! (That's why they still rip to chaos boss since this build has no chaos protection for spectres)

I do not see your main Desecrate gem but I guess you should have lv19 one to desecrate your spectres in Shaper's Realm (hence lv84 spectre)

Hope it helps

1. I just wanted it to pop with a low CWDT. Does it make that much of a difference? Pretty sure AG died on Shaper's degen while convocation was on CD.

2. Aren't spectres' resists capped with my aura an Totem and Minion Ele Resist support? Also AG is capped for sure on cold res which is the only one you need for shaper. As for life I couldn't get jewel that had life as well due to them being overpriced. Even though I don't think that little life would make much of a difference. I respec to give my minions way more life than I could get in jewels and they died just as fast as before.

3. Yeah but the helmet gives my AG like 10k life. I don't know how well it would work with skullhead though.

I don't know how to get more regen other than the skullhead you mentioned.

My desecrate is level 20 but I just swap gems when I need to summon my spectres due to me not having enough gem sockets spare.
"
lyeesia wrote:
Your either missing resistance on your specter's or not convacting right. Im playing a similar setup to this I just chose to go hybrid route and use a midnight bargain does the same thing as a vis mortis pretty much for me atleast. I do use a scorching ray cwc descerate bone offering setup so I can stay alive during the intense boss fight's and to guide my crew, as well as buff them with the offering as well.

(Im using the Fortified Legion jewel which give's my minions 15% max life and 2% of life regeneration when they block stacked along side 2 jewels that have the minions have X% block to make the jewel feel relevant while just speed clearing)

Probably it's due to me not convocating right. Because as I mentioned in my previous comments they died to degen which, I think, can't be blocked.
"
lyeesia wrote:
Your either missing resistance on your specter's or not convacting right. Im playing a similar setup to this I just chose to go hybrid route and use a midnight bargain does the same thing as a vis mortis pretty much for me atleast. I do use a scorching ray cwc descerate bone offering setup so I can stay alive during the intense boss fight's and to guide my crew, as well as buff them with the offering as well.

(Im using the Fortified Legion jewel which give's my minions 15% max life and 2% of life regeneration when they block stacked along side 2 jewels that have the minions have X% block to make the jewel feel relevant while just speed clearing)

How do you trigger "elemental equilibrium" if you are using scorching ray?...
Scoring ray is a spell that applies a dot damage and thefeore bypass any hit mechanics. No it does not mess equilibrium. My wand is setup with curse on hit with orb of storms. (Used to be in helmet with enhance changed it for aura helm with enlighten for auras)
Last edited by lyeesia on Oct 10, 2017, 11:35:49 AM
using Skullhead whith +36 % Rased spectre ele resit

this allows me to use +1 damage gem
In the skill tree we have leech nodes for minions. Those nodes works with Tukohama's Vanguards and Wicker Man?. I mean because of his skills (totems and righteous fire) normaly dont leech. You guys take those points?
"
yissus wrote:
In the skill tree we have leech nodes for minions. Those nodes works with Tukohama's Vanguards and Wicker Man?. I mean because of his skills (totems and righteous fire) normaly dont leech. You guys take those points?

Your correct the Totem scorching ray doesn't leach nor does the aura from the wickermen, but the molten strike auto's from him do which wickerman's seem to do as default auto attacks so that part will leach life, same with the vanguards I notice they auto attack alot once they are done doing their stance's to summon totem's. Also taking the node's is useful for lvling if your using zombie's (which i do by the way when i lvl a summoner thanks to the severed head shield you can start wearing at act 2 ( +2 minion shield))
I noticed one thing that's sadly missing in Natt's OP post - what are the desirable corruptions for all gems used by this guide? I'm not that knowledgeable of the game yet, so I'm not certain which gems would be better as 20/23 than 21/20.
Can Desecrate no longer create corpses of the spectres you already have summoned in maps? I know it was an unannounced change/bug before, but I can't get the corpses to spawn.
The build is extremely powerful, however i take a long time (and i mean LOOOONG time) to summon my specters, and IF or i finally get them, i have to worry about not getting a random disconnection, at least this part is getting a patch for it , but still the summoning part is freaking unbearable.
Be a LEADER when you see a path others have missed,and Be a FOLLOWER when you are shrouded in the midst of uncertainty.
Last edited by Pixle_Twitch on Oct 10, 2017, 7:47:52 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info