[3.x - Discontinued for now] Burning Spectres - Torch the Atlas - HC Shaper, Elder, Uber Atziri

As we all know that specter's level is down-scaling with zone/map level. So If I have T12 specter and visit to LVL 65 zone then my specter level will be 65. What if, I go back to T12 map again then what is my specter's level be?
"
Giammafix wrote:
"
wiwigvn wrote:

+ 10% from skullhead so it's always at 76% uncapped cold/light res)

skullhead gives resistances to you, not your spectres

+% raised spectres resistances is a good enchant, but if you can get near enough to your spectres in fight they will have +20% ele res from commander of darkness, and you can retain another enchant like block chance or spectres damage

So you're telling me that I've been doing guardians and shaper with 65% cold/light res for my spectres? :D then i should just spec out of the 16% on tree and use it for some life :D
"
N4Z wrote:
As we all know that specter's level is down-scaling with zone/map level. So If I have T12 specter and visit to LVL 65 zone then my specter level will be 65. What if, I go back to T12 map again then what is my specter's level be?

Of course they will return to lv79. Otherwise no one will use spectre because our hideout has an area level of 20, just one trip to hideout and your spectres will be weaker than er... Gruest :D
Last edited by wiwigvn on Oct 11, 2017, 6:10:43 AM
"
wiwigvn wrote:
"
Giammafix wrote:
"
wiwigvn wrote:

+ 10% from skullhead so it's always at 76% uncapped cold/light res)

skullhead gives resistances to you, not your spectres

+% raised spectres resistances is a good enchant, but if you can get near enough to your spectres in fight they will have +20% ele res from commander of darkness, and you can retain another enchant like block chance or spectres damage

So you're telling me that I've been doing guardians and shaper with 65% cold/light res for my spectres? :D then i should just spec out of the 16% on tree and use it for some life :D

you can see it yourself lol, it gives +10-20% to all elemental resistances, our resistances, not our spectres XD

"
Giammafix wrote:

you can see it yourself lol, it gives +10-20% to all elemental resistances, our resistances, not our spectres XD

Yeah noticed it after you said it the first time. It means my spectres just freely took shaper's attacks with 60% cold res since I believe I had no other ele res for minion elsewhere.
"
wiwigvn wrote:
"
SinLortuen wrote:
"
lyeesia wrote:
Your either missing resistance on your specter's or not convacting right. Im playing a similar setup to this I just chose to go hybrid route and use a midnight bargain does the same thing as a vis mortis pretty much for me atleast. I do use a scorching ray cwc descerate bone offering setup so I can stay alive during the intense boss fight's and to guide my crew, as well as buff them with the offering as well.

(Im using the Fortified Legion jewel which give's my minions 15% max life and 2% of life regeneration when they block stacked along side 2 jewels that have the minions have X% block to make the jewel feel relevant while just speed clearing)

Probably it's due to me not convocating right. Because as I mentioned in my previous comments they died to degen which, I think, can't be blocked.

Yeah you cannot block degen like the beam attack or vortex, though I do not think it's a big issue in Shaper fight. AG often die first to those attacks. Spectres more often die to chaos degen than ele degen (not sure about the phys degen in Uber Trio fight).

"
SinLortuen wrote:

1. I just wanted it to pop with a low CWDT. Does it make that much of a difference? Pretty sure AG died on Shaper's degen while convocation was on CD.

2. Aren't spectres' resists capped with my aura an Totem and Minion Ele Resist support? Also AG is capped for sure on cold res which is the only one you need for shaper. As for life I couldn't get jewel that had life as well due to them being overpriced. Even though I don't think that little life would make much of a difference. I respec to give my minions way more life than I could get in jewels and they died just as fast as before.

3. Yeah but the helmet gives my AG like 10k life. I don't know how well it would work with skullhead though.

I don't know how to get more regen other than the skullhead you mentioned.

My desecrate is level 20 but I just swap gems when I need to summon my spectres due to me not having enough gem sockets spare.

Yeah, AG is squishy like hell. In my experience, he easily dies in both guardians and shaper fight. Spectres, on the other hand, can easily kill bosses afk when I lay dead (i.e. golemancer way). Just forget AG if you cannot make him survive.

I'm not sure how much life is necessary but the more the better for spectre since it's almost the key thing they have for defense (beside block and res).

Also do not forget that Vis Mortis reduce minion life by 20%, so at least we need 20% incr on gear, tree or whatever to cover for that.

I noticed that my own spectres cap ele res without Minion res gem (Vanguards have 0% cold/light res + 30% from RS + 20% from aura + 16% from tree + 10% from skullhead so it's always at 76% uncapped cold/light res)

I'll be honest my experience with animate guardian has been a very much love/hate relationship. I've given him like at least 3 kingmaker's and yea your right he's almost always the first to die beside's me of course and specter's just kinda live forever face rolling everything with a gaze of flames. Im just using the block as another mean's of having a way to interact with my minion's hp without a flask for them. At the momment i am always running a purity of fire(just preference and i need to cap fire res for merc :P) discipline and vitality. The map that made me reallize how well it was working was when i did a core map think its t15, anyways when we got to the final boss fight i noticed my guardian's hp was low like almost cull range low dead, so i kinda panic'ed and spamed my convaction to get him to me and then started to kinda guide him away from boss by spaming my scorhing ray cwc bone offering like away from the boss along side my orb of storms near the wall as well to keep him focused guarding, im assuming it was just mostly his regen and maybe some blocking but he went to full hp what felt like no time. You just kinda have to pick your posion. Mine are most likely not the best links to se but w/e it seems to work for trash mobs, and i just replace min dmg for min life or resistance depending on what kinda of content im doing.
Hello,

are you all using Swift Affliction as for the last link (6L)? There was a discussion whether SA is working for both Vanguards and Wicker Man and some said yes and some said no.

Actually, my 6th gem is 19/20 Chance to ignite by now and I am just wondering should I replace it with SA or not (then I have to chrom my Vis Mortis to BBBBRG)
Lets say i obtained an additional curse amulet, which curses should i use ? Im thinking enfeeble and flammability, but im not sure if flammability works well wity the buid?
Another question relating to the Claw, would it be worth having Culling strike on it? (Say, i have Arc for EE on my glove, would my Arc "cull" the boss, or only the skill socketed in the Claw that can "cull"?)
"
HiImSorry wrote:
Lets say i obtained an additional curse amulet, which curses should i use ? Im thinking enfeeble and flammability, but im not sure if flammability works well wity the buid?
Another question relating to the Claw, would it be worth having Culling strike on it? (Say, i have Arc for EE on my glove, would my Arc "cull" the boss, or only the skill socketed in the Claw that can "cull"?)

1) Flammability and Vulnerability are the two best offensive options as curses, I'm currently using the first. (You may consider swapping to Elemental Weakness when mapping in party)
2) I have a Scourge claw with culling strike implicit, but it's more of a luxury upgrade. Culling strike is applied to all of your hits, including whirling blades and lightning ball (or whatever you use to proc curse).
Last edited by Giammafix on Oct 11, 2017, 12:38:25 PM
My 6th link is empower working on a Lol 4 one and 21/20 for the rest of my 5 gems

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info