[3.x - Discontinued for now] Burning Spectres - Torch the Atlas - HC Shaper, Elder, Uber Atziri

Very nice build thanks for taking your time doing it.

However, I was wondering if the +% fire damage nodes on the tree effect the damage of the spectres? I was thinking of going for Heart of Flame but then hesitated because I dont know the answer to this ^^

Cheers
Last edited by TheTuf on Oct 10, 2017, 7:48:02 PM
Recent update mentioned fixing some client crashes.
I've just crashed with scorching ray totem. Back to turning off multi-threading once again...

Please make sure to report this to support so they (eventually) resolve the issue.
"
yissus wrote:
In the skill tree we have leech nodes for minions. Those nodes works with Tukohama's Vanguards and Wicker Man?. I mean because of his skills (totems and righteous fire) normaly dont leech. You guys take those points?

I guess it's mainly for the AG and Stone Golem and both Vanguards and Wickermen do have melee attacks to leech on their own.

Edit: Now that I check the tree again, seems the leech near Death Attunement is taken for 10% incr dam, and the leech near Grave Pact is because it's the better pathing way (the other way is attck + cast speed, which are not as beneficial as 10% max life on the current pathing way).
Last edited by wiwigvn on Oct 10, 2017, 10:26:18 PM
"
SinLortuen wrote:
"
lyeesia wrote:
Your either missing resistance on your specter's or not convacting right. Im playing a similar setup to this I just chose to go hybrid route and use a midnight bargain does the same thing as a vis mortis pretty much for me atleast. I do use a scorching ray cwc descerate bone offering setup so I can stay alive during the intense boss fight's and to guide my crew, as well as buff them with the offering as well.

(Im using the Fortified Legion jewel which give's my minions 15% max life and 2% of life regeneration when they block stacked along side 2 jewels that have the minions have X% block to make the jewel feel relevant while just speed clearing)

Probably it's due to me not convocating right. Because as I mentioned in my previous comments they died to degen which, I think, can't be blocked.

Yeah you cannot block degen like the beam attack or vortex, though I do not think it's a big issue in Shaper fight. AG often die first to those attacks. Spectres more often die to chaos degen than ele degen (not sure about the phys degen in Uber Trio fight).

"
SinLortuen wrote:

1. I just wanted it to pop with a low CWDT. Does it make that much of a difference? Pretty sure AG died on Shaper's degen while convocation was on CD.

2. Aren't spectres' resists capped with my aura an Totem and Minion Ele Resist support? Also AG is capped for sure on cold res which is the only one you need for shaper. As for life I couldn't get jewel that had life as well due to them being overpriced. Even though I don't think that little life would make much of a difference. I respec to give my minions way more life than I could get in jewels and they died just as fast as before.

3. Yeah but the helmet gives my AG like 10k life. I don't know how well it would work with skullhead though.

I don't know how to get more regen other than the skullhead you mentioned.

My desecrate is level 20 but I just swap gems when I need to summon my spectres due to me not having enough gem sockets spare.

Yeah, AG is squishy like hell. In my experience, he easily dies in both guardians and shaper fight. Spectres, on the other hand, can easily kill bosses afk when I lay dead (i.e. golemancer way). Just forget AG if you cannot make him survive.

I'm not sure how much life is necessary but the more the better for spectre since it's almost the key thing they have for defense (beside block and res).

Also do not forget that Vis Mortis reduce minion life by 20%, so at least we need 20% incr on gear, tree or whatever to cover for that.

I noticed that my own spectres cap ele res without Minion res gem (Vanguards have 0% cold/light res + 30% from RS + 20% from aura + 16% from tree + 10% from skullhead so it's always at 76% uncapped cold/light res)
Last edited by wiwigvn on Oct 11, 2017, 12:23:40 AM
Wanted to say thanks again to Natt for a great, easy build. Did Shaper yesterday deathless with no AG and on a 5 link. the only expensive item on my gear is the +1 curse amulet but frankly shaper melted so fast I don't think its required.

Will definitely play spectres again next league and hoping it doesn't get nerfed!

Just a note that I skipped the AG cause it died to Chimera, despite being a 20/20 AG and linked to fortify, minion health and empower+3. I probably was not careful and didn't notice his health dropping.

Last edited by ocha on Oct 10, 2017, 10:36:37 PM
Just tried HotG... Doesn't seem THAT bad, really. Considering the fact that TVs proc very often in desecrate pool, they are expendable and can be refreshed after every wave.

What rekt me was LibritanniaES - the caustic arrow bitch. She wouldn't let me convocate a 4-totem-bomb on top of her no matter what I try. How do build-users cope with HotG? I'm thinking that going full-SR is not really a good idea; however, entering the map with TVs to insert them into desecrate pool, and then constantly use them to safely dispatch the majority of grandmasters, while switching to SR (+potentially some chaos res gear) against tricky ones, would be better. Bit tired after wiping, will try that later...
Last edited by LaplaceNoMa on Oct 11, 2017, 3:27:32 AM
Hi,

thanks for this great build. It seems very fun. But game started crashing and without multi threading I'm losing quite a bit of FPS.. Hope they will fix this soon.

Cheers
"
wiwigvn wrote:

+ 10% from skullhead so it's always at 76% uncapped cold/light res)

skullhead gives resistances to you, not your spectres

+% raised spectres resistances is a good enchant, but if you can get near enough to your spectres in fight they will have +20% ele res from commander of darkness, and you can retain another enchant like block chance or spectres damage
Last edited by Giammafix on Oct 11, 2017, 5:20:15 AM
Yeah thanks for this build and nice spectres !!! First time for me i doing end game content !

Yesterday i did Shaper with 2 deaths ( first try ) with no AG, spectres did an amazing job !
For guardian ( first try too ), Chimera and Minotaur were easy but Hydra and Phoenix killed me, i fighted them with nasty mod and i did not know fight mechanic...

Twinned Vaal temple... with nasty mod ( first time again !) : my spectres killed fast 4 boss and get rekt ! The last Two K'aj Y'ara'az were scary to fight, tukohama died fast, me too but i did it ( 3 deaths )

Same as you LaplaceNoMa, for HotG LibritanniaES rekt me, i can't do nothing, caustic arrow kill my spectres so fast... Only this bitch was a problem. I'm thinking about this necro build with blink/mirror arrow for her, i will try soon !

For this build, i don't use Skullhead but bone helmet or +2 minions helm for AG with 2 dyadus.
I thinking skullhead is not great without lab enchant, when i losted my spectres (happened 2 times) they died so fast.

"
Virtu4l63 wrote:

I thinking skullhead is not great without lab enchant, when i losted my spectres (happened 2 times) they died so fast.

you still risk to lose your spectres in some labyrinth traps or vs uber atziri/vaal temple trio, but they have a chance to survive longer, trust me.
I don't use and don't like AG because it's too squishy and I lose too much time re-equipping him every time, so skullhead is a better option for me

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info