[3.6] Zombiemancer - High Survivability - End Game Viable

I've been playing this build in the beastiary league and it works well. I lucked out quite a bit by 6Linking the chest and getting HH. Even so I solo leveled all the content with just zombies, rare items and following the tree. Now that im doing end game content I can deffo feel it needs more survivability though. Feels like so many different things can one shot you. I am on a potato pc leeching wifi from another house so that *might* have something to do with it, heh. Also controller. Hence why this build appealed quite a bit to me.
Last edited by fatmechanic on Mar 19, 2018, 9:34:29 PM
"
To get high level versions of them you have to add them to your Desecrate corpse pool by reviving one Carnage Chieftain in "The Old Fields" in Act 2. Then you go to the highest level area you have access to and create two Carnage Chieftain corpses there. You need a Desecrate gem with a high enough gem level to allow you to create corpses that match the area level. You only have to do this everytime you push into a higher area level because these spectres persist through logouts and deaths.

im confused about this i have gone to oil fields and summoned one of them but soon as i go into a higher instance it gets one shot and my desecrate doesnt spawn another?

desecrate is only level 19 maybe thats the issue?
"
Rippinwind wrote:
im confused about this i have gone to oil fields and summoned one of them but soon as i go into a higher instance it gets one shot and my desecrate doesnt spawn another?

desecrate is only level 19 maybe thats the issue?

You need to enter a map while you have one of them summoned, you then use the high level desecrate until two of them show up, this can even take up 20+ desecrates.
Level 19 is high enough, but you need to have one of them summoned when you enter a new instance, otherwise they wont get added to the desecrate corpse pool of that instance.
so without the +2 shield with empower would it be better to put stone golem in the baron instead of animate guardian?
"
"
If you could choose an aura up to 35%, which one would you take? Discipline, Vitality, Herald of Wrath (so you wouldn't need ligthing damage to attacks anymore), something encounter specific (e.g. Purity of Ice for Shaper)?

I crafted Aspect of the Avian on my shield and had to take out Haste, so now I could throw in a 35% aura.

I wouldnt give up the movement and attack speed of Haste for that aura in the first place.

True, but I want to try out the new aura, hence the question. And I don't mind losing the movement speed, I'm jumping around with Leap Slam and are slower anyway (can't stand being stuck regularly with Shield Charge anymore; half the time it's 10% movement speed from Avian). Is it more damage than Haste? I don't know, but the additional ES from Discipline feels good. Did Red Eler and Vaal Temple with this setup and 5L deathless yesterday.
Last edited by olsev_baiden on Mar 20, 2018, 2:29:14 AM
So yesterday I used the new spectre setup for a few hours. These are my subjective impressions (which may be complete nonsense):

Overall the damage is higher but it is my impression that the Zombies are less aggressive. The way I see it they attack everything that has been hit by the player actively/quickly while they are somewhat reluctant to attack enemies that have not been hit yet. So everything drags a bit more than before, since the only option for hitting now is Shield Charge (and Whirling Blades (or whatever it was) is missing). If this is true implementing some skill that hits as many enemies as possible regardless of the damage may improve Zombie aggressiveness?

It is also my impression that Convocation gets triggered less often. I know that can't actually be the case but overall I seem to take more damage for longer, my ES frequently goes to zero which wasn't the case before. I blame the fact that it sometimes seems to take longer to beam the minions back to my side to clean up the trash.

So while overall the damage is clearly higher it seems to play a bit slower. Maybe I have to change my play style and shield charge around much more.

Last edited by Abra0815 on Mar 20, 2018, 6:15:03 AM
In act 2 Old Fields I am trying to raise a chief but it only raises the little monkeys around his corpse.

Edit: Nvm, it was something to do with Zombies exploding the corpse. Relogged and did it without anything out.
Last edited by Drewharymore on Mar 20, 2018, 4:20:58 PM
Before I forget -

I want to thank the OP for this build.

It is one of the most creative, interesting, and cool builds I've played in PoE thus far.

Thanks for your time making the guide and putting it out there.
AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
MSI RX 2080
Samsung 980 Pro SSD
32GB GSkill Trident-Z
So after the PoB update you can see that Aspect of the Avian is indeed weaker than Haste, at least for my character.
When Avian's Might is up, it's a tiny bit stronger than Haste, but you have only 50% uptime on this buff. Also, you can squeeze in Discipline.

So, in my opinion, it's a viable, more defensive alternative. As our defense is already pretty good I'll probably go back to Haste :\

Haste is more reliable, no procc chance dependency, no 50% uptime, just a constant bonus. Also you still have enough Mana to summon a Zombie w/o having to deactivate an aura.
Last edited by olsev_baiden on Mar 21, 2018, 9:34:04 AM
Spoiler

pretty much set except for lab enchants and lvl 21 zombie

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info