ALL HAIL PRESIDENT TRUMP

"
鬼殺し wrote:
*Gentle reminder what this thread is supposed to be about vs where you've taken it.*

This is getting too close to worth reading, people. Please get back on program.

Having flown through Comey's book, I feel this CNN video of his Q and A at his alma mater, which is a sort of guided shorthand to the book's contents, might help you return to the topic at hand.

I liked where this topic was going and you ruined it for me :(
"
morbo wrote:
"
1453R wrote:
Take him seriously as a leader of people and a statesman?

North Korea will not collapse by itself, as it was falsely predicted for decades. So you either take their leader seriously as a statesman on equal grounds and come to a political solution, or you ignore them while they further arm themselves with nuclear weapons.

The US has no reservations arming the Saudi theocracy, which is killing Yemeni civilians with American weapons every day and financing terrorism worldwide, but you'd have problems talking with Kim Jong Un, cause he's a "bloody dictator"? Please...

My mistake, I suppose my wording was unclear.

By all means talk to the man. Step shit down, get everybody's sabers back in their sheathes. A solution which leaves Seoul un-Bombicane'd is better than any solution in which Seoul is Bombicane'd. Doesn't mean I'm ever going to consider Kim a Respectable World Leader. He's a tyrant and a warlord, he just managed to be better at it than most, to the immense detriment of the Korean people.

Talking is better than bombing. KJU dying of a heart attack tomorrow because somebody found a Death Note is better than talking.
"
j33bus wrote:

Honestly though it doesn't look like Trump actually did anything in this case, it seems to be entirely between Moon Jae-In and Kim Jong-Un.

The Korean President and the Korean Prime Minister disagree, they gave Trump props. Merkel too a couple of hours ago. He posted his provoking tweets. He pressured China into enforcing sanctions against NK. He sent Mike Pompeo to NK. While it's hard to assess how much of an impact these things had, saying that he did absolutely nothing is probably false.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
cnn wrote:
South Korea's foreign minister has said she believes President Donald Trump is largely responsible for bringing North Korean leader Kim Jong-un to the negotiating table.

Speaking ahead of Friday's historic summit between the leaders of North and South Korea, Kang Kyung-wha told CNN that the US President had played a significant role in bringing the two sides together.

"Clearly, credit goes to President Trump," Kang told CNN's Christiane Amanpour in Seoul. "He's been determined to come to grips with this from day one."

Due to their Trump Derangement Syndrome, people cannot even bring themselves to give credit where it is due.

You can already see the ideologic tribalists grasping at any way to give Trump zero responsibility when he finally has a hand in something they cannot spin as bad.

anything is everything
Last edited by Manocean on Apr 27, 2018, 4:19:35 PM
Is it possible that Trump had an impact in this particular turn of events? Certainly. Personally I believe the apparatus around Trump, the people doing the backroom diplomatic wrangling while Trump and Kim indulged in an Internet nerd slap fight over Twitter, had more to do with it than Trump himself did, but all right - I'm willing to concede that Trump may well have been a factor here.

Being a factor does not make him the sole factor, or even the primary factor. And even being a strong factor in this particular chain of events - hell, even if he was solely responsible for bringing these talks about, without any help from his diplomatic staff or, y'know, Moon Jae-in being an actual statesman - that wouldn't excuse the fact that he's done this country right here that I'm sitting in immense and lingering harm.

Considering his entire platform is 'AMERICA FIRST (AND FUCK THE REST)", I'm surprised his base cares about the North Korea situation.
"
1453R wrote:

My mistake, I suppose my wording was unclear.

By all means talk to the man. Step shit down, get everybody's sabers back in their sheathes. A solution which leaves Seoul un-Bombicane'd is better than any solution in which Seoul is Bombicane'd. Doesn't mean I'm ever going to consider Kim a Respectable World Leader. He's a tyrant and a warlord, he just managed to be better at it than most, to the immense detriment of the Korean people.

Talking is better than bombing. KJU dying of a heart attack tomorrow because somebody found a Death Note is better than talking.

You are so mean. Kim Jong-un only inherited his daddy's regime and tested some missiles.
"
Manocean wrote:
"
cnn wrote:
South Korea's foreign minister has said she believes President Donald Trump is largely responsible for bringing North Korean leader Kim Jong-un to the negotiating table.

Speaking ahead of Friday's historic summit between the leaders of North and South Korea, Kang Kyung-wha told CNN that the US President had played a significant role in bringing the two sides together.

"Clearly, credit goes to President Trump," Kang told CNN's Christiane Amanpour in Seoul. "He's been determined to come to grips with this from day one."

Due to their Trump Derangement Syndrome, people cannot even bring themselves to give credit where it is due.

You can already see the ideologic tribalists grasping at any way to give Trump zero responsibility when he finally has a hand in something they cannot spin as bad.

Trump could cure not only cancer but all disease on earth, and certain people would criticize him for causing unemployment in the pharmaceutical industry. =9[.]9=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
Watching Kim Jong-un's regime is more entertaining than Trump. He got the throne with minimal bloodshed, but the real interesting thing to see is how he'll handle the generational change within the country's top brass.

About Trump jr. and a certain Russian lawyer:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/27/us/natalya-veselnitskaya-trump-tower-russian-prosecutor-general.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=first-column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news

As such, a connection between Trump and Kremlin has been completely dug up. What does this mean in practice? Not much honestly, just that Trump fanboys can no longer claim that no Kremlin connection exists.

The noose has tightened once more.

"
鬼殺し wrote:
It wasn't appropriate, like or not. And I've a feeling it would have swerved back to the main topic before too long.

This reminds me of the time when I brought up an issue with nazi moderation by a non-moderator colleague.
Last edited by Anonymous1749704 on Apr 27, 2018, 9:30:51 PM
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
"
鬼殺し wrote:
*Gentle reminder what this thread is supposed to be about vs where you've taken it.*

This is getting too close to worth reading, people. Please get back on program.

Having flown through Comey's book, I feel this CNN video of his Q and A at his alma mater, which is a sort of guided shorthand to the book's contents, might help you return to the topic at hand.

I liked where this topic was going and you ruined it for me :(

It wasn't appropriate, like or not. And I've a feeling it would have swerved back to the main topic before too long.

re Korea: this is just such incredible news I'm still processing it. At this point in time I don't really care for the whys or the whos. This is history, now and here. That suffices for me. But I will say that no amount of peace talks or ground-breaking overseas reconciliations can deter from the reality that Trump himself displays little respect for the concept of truth, veracity, due process, and his own government. These are not small talking points or attempts at distracting from achievement. They're a lack of core values in the 45th US President, and they've resulted in words and actions that would have seen any other president before now ousted from office. That remains the most important conversation for me, which is why I don't have it here. :)

You cannot impeach a President for acting like a WWE wrestler. Especially when he acted that way through the entire primary and presidential election campaign, and won.

You should probably get used to it; I see a future of more people who act like hulk Hogan or Steve Austin getting elected.

If The Rock ran, he would definitely win, regardless of which party.
Last edited by Khoranth on Apr 27, 2018, 10:02:30 PM
"

About Trump jr. and a certain Russian lawyer:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/27/us/natalya-veselnitskaya-trump-tower-russian-prosecutor-general.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=first-column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news

As such, a connection between Trump and Kremlin has been completely dug up. What does this mean in practice? Not much honestly, just that Trump fanboys can no longer claim that no Kremlin connection exists.

The noose has tightened once more.

You know a hoax is over when they start regurgitating super old "news". Here's an article from 6 months ago which deals with literally the same topic (her working for the Russian prosecutor general).

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/trump-dossier-firm-also-supplied-info-used-meeting-russians-trump-n819526

Also funny how her info came from Fusion GPS, the guys who got paid by the DNC to come up with the fake Trump dossier. Really makes you think.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info