ALL HAIL PRESIDENT TRUMP

"
DalaiLama wrote:
"
rojimboo wrote:

I find it odd you can write a 2000 word essay on what a blogger stating a fact, had for breakfast and about his grades in high school, yet spend only a few words on the main point of Trump's tariffs and their effect.

The data and analysis on what the effects of Trump's tariffs have been isn't fully in.

I think, I'm pretty sure, you will defend anything the orangutan says or does.

That's very quaint.

But seriously, is there anything he has said or done regarding climate change and the EPA, that you think is not in the best interests of your people?
"
rojimboo wrote:
"
DalaiLama wrote:
"
rojimboo wrote:

I find it odd you can write a 2000 word essay on what a blogger stating a fact, had for breakfast and about his grades in high school, yet spend only a few words on the main point of Trump's tariffs and their effect.

The data and analysis on what the effects of Trump's tariffs have been isn't fully in.

I think, I'm pretty sure, you will defend anything the orangutan says or does.

That's very quaint.

As I stated on the tarriffs, the info is still coming in - for instance, a study by the European Network of Economic and Fiscal Policy Research concluded that Trump is succeeding in making China pay most of the cost of his trade war.

U.S. companies and consumers will only pay 4.5 percent more after the nation imposed 25 percent tariffs on $250 billion of Chinese goods, and the other 20.5 percent toll will fall on Chinese producers

http://www.econpol.eu/sites/default/files/2018-11/EconPol_Policy_Brief_11_Zoller_Felbermayr_Tariffs.pdf

But seriously, is there anything he has said or done regarding climate change and the EPA, that you think is not in the best interests of your people?[/quote]

EPA wise, Trump is doing a terrible job of making our rivers more colorful.

Obama did a much better job:

Completely repealing the Clean Water Act is something I disagree with, but I understand why he is trying to do it. It was horrifically abused by the Federal government under Obama. The Supreme Court even ruled against the Federal Government on the way the law was being used.

https://www.epa.gov/newsreleases/epa-takes-another-step-advance-president-trumps-america-first-strategy-proposes-repeal

I think some measure of federal oversight is necessary for major bodies of water. The way Trump usually works, is he aims for far more than he knows he will get, so I suspect that any rewrite of the Clean Water Act under a Trump administration will end up being I agree with.

As for Climate Change - Trump should make thermometers great again - and reverse their decline.

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
Turns out I was right. You will defend anything and everything Trump does. That's quite alarming.

"
As I stated on the tarriffs, the info is still coming in - for instance, a study by the European Network of Economic and Fiscal Policy Research concluded that Trump is succeeding in making China pay most of the cost of his trade war.

Yes. Trump has definitely succeeded in making a lose-lose situation, into a case of more lose-lose.

Trump has definitely succeeded. That's all you need, right?

"
The Ministry of Peace concerns itself with war, the Ministry of Truth with lies, the Ministry of Love with torture and the Ministry of Plenty with starvation. These contradictions are not accidental, nor do they result from from ordinary hypocrisy: they are deliberate exercises in doublethink

And now the Environmental Protection Agency concerns itself with environmental pollution.

Brilliant.

Enjoy your clean air and water.
"
rojimboo wrote:
Turns out I was right.

Alt-Right in an alternate universe maybe.

"
rojimboo wrote:
You will defend anything and everything Trump does. That's quite alarming.

You say anything and everything.. from a few dozen posts, it's quite alarming you could reach such a conclusion.

(do you see why that approach is a non-starter?)

"

Yes. Trump has definitely succeeded in making a lose-lose situation, into a case of more lose-lose.

And your proof for this is what? I at least cited one analysis of the preliminary information.

"
rojimboo wrote:
And now the Environmental Protection Agency concerns itself with environmental pollution.

I doubt you read the links. If you had, you would have seen that the EPA had gotten so egregious with their land grabbing and rules that the US Supreme Court told them to stop.

Let's say you had an acre of property you wanted to build a house on. Then one rainy week, 3 inches of rain covered 1/8th of your property in puddles. The EPA swoops in, declares your property a wetland and forbids you from building on it.

That is the kind of BS the EPA was pulling on a regular basis.

The put in place rule changes that gave them authority over ANY temporary water source. Take a look at this map of Arizona - a desert state. Any area that isn't white would be under the EPA's jurisdiction to regulate as a "Wet Land". Fines can be as high as $37,000 per day.

"
rojimboo wrote:
Enjoy your clean air and water.

Because the water was so much cleaner under Obama?
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
Last edited by DalaiLama on Nov 28, 2018, 9:35:45 AM
I think I agree with Trump.

Just get rid of the EPA or cripple it by massively cutting its budget and laying off thousands of people.

After all, we know that the market can deal with negative externalities like pollution, on its own.

It might kill people or get them sick, fuck up clean air and water, and destroy the climate, but who cares?

;)

A running list of how President Trump is changing environmental policy (some excerpts)

https://news.nationalgeographic.com/2017/03/how-trump-is-changing-science-environment/

FIRST OFFSHORE OIL WELLS APPROVED FOR THE ARCTIC
U.S. PUSHES TO END CHILDREN'S CLIMATE CHANGE SUIT
EPA TO DISBAND AIR POLLUTION REVIEW PANEL
EPA REPEALS OBAMA-ERA METHANE RULES
TRUMP EPA UNVEILS PLAN TO NULLIFY FEDERAL RULES ON COAL POWER PLANTS
TRUMP ANNOUNCES PLAN TO WEAKEN OBAMA-ERA FUEL ECONOMY RULES
TRUMP OFFICIALS SET ASIDE EVIDENCE OF NATIONAL MONUMENTS' SUCCESSES
TRUMP OFFICIALS PROPOSE ROLLBACKS OF ENDANGERED SPECIES ACT RULES
WHITE HOUSE CUTS NASA CLIMATE MONITORING PROGRAM
EPA ISSUES CONTROVERSIAL RULE ON SCIENCE 'TRANSPARENCY'
FEMA EXPELS "CLIMATE CHANGE" FROM STRATEGIC PLAN
EPA MULLS SHAKE-UP TO ENVIRONMENTAL RESEARCH PROGRAM
EPA LOOSENS REGULATIONS ON TOXIC AIR POLLUTION
REPORT: CLIMATE CHANGE WEB SITES 'CENSORED' UNDER TRUMP
TRUMP DROPS CLIMATE CHANGE FROM LIST OF NATIONAL SECURITY THREATS
TRUMP UNVEILS PLAN TO DRAMATICALLY DOWNSIZE TWO NATIONAL MONUMENTS
INTERIOR DEPARTMENT PROPOSES LARGEST-EVER OIL AND GAS LEASE AUCTION
TRUMP EPA POISED TO SCRAP CLEAN POWER PLAN
MINING HEALTH STUDY HALTED; CLIMATE ADVISORY PANEL DISBANDED
TRUMP REVOKES FLOOD STANDARDS ACCOUNTING FOR SEA-LEVEL RISE
REPORT: EPA ENFORCEMENT LAGS UNDER TRUMP
U.S. PULLS OUT OF PARIS CLIMATE AGREEMENT

Regulation of hazardous chemicals under Trump's EPA (or lack thereof)

Chlorpyrifos
Lead paint standards
PFOS and PFOA
Toxic waste clean-up / Superfund
Clean water legislation
Clean Air Act standards
Coal emission standards

As you are an anti-science climate change denier too, I expect nothing less than for you to dismiss everything related to climate change.

But the rest?

The agency for curbing big industry polluters from polluting, is in the pockets of the big industry.

This is not a developed nation.

It's a corrupt banana republic.

"
The Ministry of Peace concerns itself with war, the Ministry of Truth with lies, the Ministry of Love with torture and the Ministry of Plenty with starvation. These contradictions are not accidental, nor do they result from from ordinary hypocrisy: they are deliberate exercises in doublethink

Thanks to ScrotieMcB I think that I now have a much better understanding of Breitbart. Here's my thoughts on Breitbart and Steve Bannon.

I assume that Trump was a Breitbart fan for years prior to 2016?

Bannon was instrumental in making Breitbart a success. He took over the Trump Campaign and helped Trump form his own philosophy and make the campaign a success. Perhaps Bannon didn't fit as well in the administration though, some reporting seemed to indicate that Trump was jealous of Bannon taking credit for the campaign's success? Bannon was kicked out of the administration. What surprised me most was that Breitbart didn't take him back? Was that Trump trying to smash Bannon completely or had Breitbart moved on or the Breitbart readers didn't want Bannon back or what? A final tongue in cheek query, what's up with Bannon's chronic 2 week old looking beard?
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Last edited by Turtledove on Nov 28, 2018, 11:57:53 AM
Bannon is a bit stuck in the mindset where Trumpian Republicanism is non-mainstream. Although he isn't by my analysis a white-identitarian, and certainly not anti-Semitic, he seems to absolutely delight in having the Left mischaracterize him as both — or in other words, he prefers the old alt-right paradigm wherein one is loosely allied with that heterogeneous mix of fringe-right ideologies, for purposes of cover and bait. He is an incurable edgelord, but not actually a radical.

It's a good thing for both Breitbart and Trump that they got rid of him, even if I find him very entertaining.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"I’m not happy with the Fed. They’re making a mistake because I have a gut, and my gut tells me more sometimes than anybody else’s brain can ever tell me."
"
"I’m not happy with the Fed. They’re making a mistake because I have a gut, and my gut tells me more sometimes than anybody else’s brain can ever tell me."

I dont see any any key!
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Bannon is a bit stuck in the mindset where Trumpian Republicanism is non-mainstream. Although he isn't by my analysis a white-identitarian, and certainly not anti-Semitic, he seems to absolutely delight in having the Left mischaracterize him as both — or in other words, he prefers the old alt-right paradigm wherein one is loosely allied with that heterogeneous mix of fringe-right ideologies, for purposes of cover and bait. He is an incurable edgelord, but not actually a radical.

It's a good thing for both Breitbart and Trump that they got rid of him, even if I find him very entertaining.

I loved the SNL skits with the Angel of Death representing Bannon. They were hilarious. I suspect that Bannon also enjoyed them although I'm pretty sure that Trump hated them. I wished he'd stayed in the administration just for those skits.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info