ALL HAIL PRESIDENT TRUMP

"
kolyaboo wrote:
The grimmest humor imaginable is that the first African American President, through his foreign policy, managed to revive the Barbary slave trade which had disappeared for what? two centuries?
If that's the grimmest horror imaginable to you, I can help you get past Lunaris 1.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Looks like Trump's mental health issues have hit a nerve here?

Successful people can definitely have NPD. One article I read claimed that many in power have NPD. Here's a different article explaining why. It makes a lot of good sense if you're at all familiar with NPD. I worked with someone for years that had NPD. They were what I'd consider an "asshole" but they could function and do their job.

Anyway, here's an article "Why do narcissists tend to be so successful in life although nobody can stand them?"
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Turtledove wrote:
Looks like Trump's mental health issues have hit a nerve here?

Successful people can definitely have NPD. One article I read claimed that many in power have NPD. Here's a different article explaining why. It makes a lot of good sense if you're at all familiar with NPD. I worked with someone for years that had NPD. They were what I'd consider an "asshole" but they could function and do their job.

Anyway, here's an article "Why do narcissists tend to be so successful in life although nobody can stand them?"
There is a difference between the concept of a narcissistic personality, and of a narcissistic personality disorder, aka NPD. Your link confronts this difference, although perhaps too subtly for my liking: "Although many people believe these [narcissistic] traits to be problematic, I embrace them as a blueprint for success." In contrast, a misapplication of such a "blueprint for success" could be considered a disorder, narcissistic or otherwise.

Put plainly, the term disorder is a pejorative. Pejoratives should not be flippantly applied to successful strategies.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Nov 29, 2018, 12:59:54 AM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Both Trump and Obama are/were powerfully competent people with immense skill at transforming their visions into reality. Both should be seen not as models of stupidity and mental illness, but of genius and mental health. And to the partisan haters on both sides, if you think it's so easy a crazy idiot can pull it off, I welcome you to try running as a candidate for the opposite party and showing us all just how fucking easy it is for your relatively sane and intelligent self.

I don't think I will ever be happy descripting Trump at all around competent, with all his incoherent rambling and general cluelessness. And so far, there's no reason to. I won't dispute, though, that he is ruthless enough to violate other's illegally to enrich himself, narcissistic enough to don't care what happens around him as long as he can sell himself as the saviour and charismatic enough to be able to pull it off. (... even if i don't get his supposed charisma)

"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
a formidable adversary — not a crazy idiot.

Hm. I'll cede that being a crazy idiot can be enough to be a formidable adversary if one can lie and fearmonger good enough to heave oneself over a certain threashhold. Other people's money and influence kick in, and bad decisions on the opponent's side do the rest.

Et voila, an idiot in the White House. Depressing.
(\__/) This is Bunny. Copy and
(='.'=) paste Bunny to help him
(")_(") gain world Domination.
"
Ersatzdrummel wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Both Trump and Obama are/were powerfully competent people with immense skill at transforming their visions into reality. Both should be seen not as models of stupidity and mental illness, but of genius and mental health. And to the partisan haters on both sides, if you think it's so easy a crazy idiot can pull it off, I welcome you to try running as a candidate for the opposite party and showing us all just how fucking easy it is for your relatively sane and intelligent self.

I don't think I will ever be happy descripting Trump at all around competent, with all his incoherent rambling and general cluelessness. And so far, there's no reason to. I won't dispute, though, that he is ruthless enough to violate other's illegally to enrich himself, narcissistic enough to don't care what happens around him as long as he can sell himself as the saviour and charismatic enough to be able to pull it off. (... even if i don't get his supposed charisma)

"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
a formidable adversary — not a crazy idiot.

Hm. I'll cede that being a crazy idiot can be enough to be a formidable adversary if one can lie and fearmonger good enough to heave oneself over a certain threashhold. Other people's money and influence kick in, and bad decisions on the opponent's side do the rest.

I guess alot of you people never watched wrestling as a kid, but Trump is clearly putting on an act with how crazy and rude he acts. He reminds me of a cross between Hulk Hogan and The Rock. I think Trump does it on purpose, cause it helped him win the all the southern and mid western states, in the primary, that have alot of adult wrestling fans. Especially the open primary states, that have lots wrestling fans.

Just watch videos of Trump in the debates, then watch old videos of the Rock interrupting and insulting people. Trump clearly is ripping him off, The Rock could win a lawsuit if he wanted.
Last edited by Khoranth on Nov 29, 2018, 6:37:28 AM
Trump is a self-professed genius. A stable one at that.

I don't know why y'all are making fun of him.
"
Ersatzdrummel wrote:
Choose one:
1. Without significant intervention by Russians in the 2016 election, candidate Trump defeated the Clinton campaign fair and square in an electoral contest, while spending much less money than she did. This makes Trump almost certainly smarter than Hilary Rodham Felon, a former US Secretary of State and Senator.
2. With significant intervention by Russians in the 2016 election, candidate Trump managed to conspire with said Russians in such a manner that, even after more than a year and over $20 million of dedicated investigation, the Mueller probe has not yet discovered the evidence necessary to prove Trump's complicity. This makes Trump almost certainly smarter than Robert Mueller, a former Director of the FBI.

Therefore, you can choose whichever of the two you think is less clever — Robert Mueller or Hilary Clinton — and know that Trump is almost certainly smarter than that. Either way, he's almost certainly smarter than you, because you're probably not on the same level as Secretaries of State and Directors of the FBI.

Ruthlessness? Ha! President Trump can barely sign an order without the approval of the Circuit Courts, and certainly candidate Trump — my focus and yours for the above mental exercise — had no particular access to legitimate force.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Nov 29, 2018, 6:58:01 AM
"
"I’m not happy with the Fed. They’re making a mistake because I have a gut, and my gut tells me more sometimes than anybody else’s brain can ever tell me."

Now, imagine if Obama said it.

Unless Obama has suddenly gotten flabby, he doesn't have a gut. Trump has a gut.
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
"
Turtledove wrote:

Serious mental health professionals agree that Trump suffers from NPD.
https://www.adutytowarn.org/book/

Serious mental health professionals don't offer analysis of someone they haven't personally seen as a patient. They especially wouldn't give that information to the public without the patient's consent or they would likely serve prison time.

I can only surmise that these "professionals" are poor examples of their profession. IIRC, the APA called them out on such behavior.

"
Turtledove wrote:

If you read what NPD is then I think most non-professionals would probably agree.

"

-Grandiosity with expectations of superior treatment from other people
-Fixated on fantasies of power, success, intelligence, attractiveness, etc.
-Self-perception of being unique, superior, and associated with high-status people and institutions
-Needing continual admiration from others
-Sense of entitlement to special treatment and to obedience from others
-Exploitative of others to achieve personal gain
-Unwilling to empathize with the feelings, wishes, and needs of other people
-Intensely envious of others, and the belief that others are equally envious of them
-Pompous and arrogant demeanor

All of those fit Obama. All of those fit Hillary.

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
Last edited by DalaiLama on Nov 29, 2018, 7:38:05 AM
"
rojimboo wrote:
Trump is a self-professed genius. A stable one at that.

I don't know why y'all are making fun of him.

A very stable genius. There's no problem there, believe me.

Now ask yourself - how many people hate Homer Simpson. Ask yourself how far you would get trying to make other people hate Homer Simpson and get him banned from the Simpsons.

The more people pick at his faults, the more they make him an underdog. Go ahead, kick the puppy some more and see how much public favor it garners. The more Trump's critics lie and exaggerate things against him, the less people believe Trump's critics.

If they stuck to the truth, quit exaggerating and lying, Trump's opponents could cut his popularity in half. They won't do that, of course, because they are so sure that their methods are infallible.

Trump can't win! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZ46I3kMOr0

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info