ALL HAIL PRESIDENT TRUMP

Not testifying publicly anyway. Believe he is open to meeting with members of Congress behind closed doors. But of course the headhunters in Congress insist on public testimony. So that's that.
I have a pretty good sense of humor. I'm not German.
"
DarthSki44 wrote:

I think Mueller was VERY clear he wouldn't be testifying.

Agreed, if he was served a subpoena he would testify though.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Turtledove wrote:
"
DarthSki44 wrote:

I suppose but I dont think that will happen. Even so Mueller goes by the book, and he wouldnt stray, even a little bit, beyond his report.

Also prosecutors dont testify to what a witness says. That is what the report is for. If Congress wants to hear from witnesses, ask for them directly, not Mueller.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
"
Turtledove wrote:
"
DarthSki44 wrote:

Only a tiny percentage of the public have/will read the report. Witnesses will be persuaded into helping the public learn through public sworn hearings. As you say, Mueller will eventually be there as well.
Any signature worth using is against the rules. Therefore, no signature will be found here.
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:
"
DarthSki44 wrote:

I suppose but I dont think that will happen. Even so Mueller goes by the book, and he wouldnt stray, even a little bit, beyond his report.

Also prosecutors dont testify to what a witness says. That is what the report is for. If Congress wants to hear from witnesses, ask for them directly, not Mueller.

Agreed, the type questions that he might reasonably be asked is questions about the scope of the investigation. Did your team look into this or that? How about x, y, z? Why didn't the President testify in person, did he say he would plead the fifth?
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Turtledove wrote:
"
CanHasPants wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:
Over 900 retired federal prosecutors, whose job was deciding to indict or not have stated that based on the Mueller report they would indict on at least three charges of obstruction of justice if the President was a private citizen. Further they stated that it wasn't even a close call on those three charges. The "cards" are easy to read for the professional card readers whose job it was to read those cards.

I haven’t read a strong rebuttal of Scrotie’s constitutional argument against obstruction. I don’t recall reading a weak rebuttal, either. It’s almost like everyone is talking past one another.

Why should I care about obstruction?

Scrotie's constitutional argument against obstruction of justice was just plain ridiculous.

I know that Boem think's it's okay that Trump thinks he's above the law. But most Americans I hope, will understand that purposefully interfering with an investigation with a corrupt intent is a simple obstruction of justice. Telling people to lie to investigators, for example, is not protected speech anymore than yelling "FIRE!" in a crowded auditorium is protected speech.

Finally, Scrotie is not a Supreme Court justice, he is not even a lawyer so his opinion as a legal matter is irrelevant.

Today, Mueller tried to explain why we should care about Obstruction of Justice

You're not a lawyer either, so why should we listen to you, Turtledove!

Response, I agree completely, you should not listen to me either.
"
Turtledove wrote:
"
DarthSki44 wrote:

Agreed, the type questions that he might reasonably be asked is questions about the scope of the investigation. Did your team look into this or that? How about x, y, z? Why didn't the President testify in person, did he say he would plead the fifth?

Reasonably? This Congress? Regarding this President?? That's a laugh. One side would without a doubt prod him to give them something detrimental to Trump, and the other would without a doubt prod him to give them something exonorating Trump. Neither one of them would get what they really want, and both of them would claim success afterwards.

I have a pretty good sense of humor. I'm not German.
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:
"
DarthSki44 wrote:

Also, pretty sure Mueller knows that the Dems would happily try to ensnare him in a perjury trap, if they thought the leverage could be used to get him to damn President Trump. It's tough to be consistent between a book-length report and what you can remember under questioning, and the headhunters would pounce on even a tiny variance. ='[.]'=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
Turtledove wrote:

Scrotie's constitutional argument against obstruction of justice was just plain ridiculous.

I know that Boem think's it's okay that Trump thinks he's above the law. But most Americans I hope, will understand that purposefully interfering with an investigation with a corrupt intent is a simple obstruction of justice. Telling people to lie to investigators, for example, is not protected speech anymore than yelling "FIRE!" in a crowded auditorium is protected speech.

Finally, Scrotie is not a Supreme Court justice, he is not even a lawyer so his opinion as a legal matter is irrelevant.

Today, Mueller tried to explain why we should care about Obstruction of Justice

How about you don't just use my name and put words into my mouth.

Also the claim that trump actively obstructed justice when he has worked with the investigation for the entire time is pretty much laughable at this point.

He didn't use any of his priviliges to interfere with the investigation or held anything relevant to the case back.

Don't mistake not liking the investigation and voicing dislike as obstructing on a legal basis.

Peace,

-Boem-

edit : typo
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Last edited by Boem on May 30, 2019, 8:59:40 AM
How are 10 counts of Obstruction consistent with cooperating? lol

The criminal coward or his son wouldn't even take an interview.
Any signature worth using is against the rules. Therefore, no signature will be found here.
Last edited by The_Impeacher on May 30, 2019, 9:11:37 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info