[3.3] CI Wandcultist - League starter - Fast mapper - Guardians on a 5L - Shaper down

"
Bristoling wrote:
I don't see Wrath socketed anywhere but I must have missed it. That will boost your dps.
I'm leveling it in my alternate wep setup, because running wrath with anything else reserved too much mana. I'll turn off blasph-ele weak for wrath.

Level blood rage but don't use it as it will prevent your recharge.
Yup, after turning it on once, I needed to constantly pot to keep myself up, so I decided to just save it for the IC/Arakaali setup.

Try to get a 4 link anywhere, like in your chest or helmet or gloves. This is very important. I might be cheaper to buy one then to link it yourself.
This is most likely my problem. I'll 4Link Barrage and Freezing Pulse right away.

Find different boots then Nomics as you are more likely to get one shot by powerful attacks.
Getting one-shotted hasn't been much of a problem (and since it's SC, it doesn't matter much), but the extra movement speed is great for leveling, but I can do that.

Get your first lab done if you haven't already.
Yeah, first lab completed.

Also, try to trade for Primsweave belt as it is very strong and can be used up to maps.
I'll do that.

Lastly, try to look for more flat damage like on your amulet, or buy Karui Ward.
Flat lightning or cold damage? I have a point in Tempest Blast (30% wand phys to light dmg), but that may be a wasted point.

And of course do whatever you can to have your resistances capped :)
For end game survivability and maps, for sure. Since I haven't even killed Act 1 Kitava yet, I haven't really been sweating it (fire and cold are capped, lightning is lacking).

Thanks for the tips.
Fire, lightning or cold will all work pretty much the same since you won't be using penetration gem just yet. So for levelling, the bigger number is always better :D

Tempest blast is ok since your wand still does pretty high physical damage, so that added lightning does get multiplied if you use attacks. It doesn't work for spells however.

With Siphon you can use both Wrath and Blasphemy, mana cost is low and a mana flask for emergency is enough. Once you get Prismweave and a 4L you should be fine without Freezing Pulse.
My build guides:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2180198

Taking a break from PoE, catch me up in Warframe: https://www.warframe.com/signup?referrerId=5b625847f2f2eb0ea0750322
Use above link for free booster when you sign up! :)
This build is nearly amazing. I've got 6,516 ES atm with my lvl 19 discipline and it feels like uberhigh survivability.
I was actually too lazy to do all the proper skill setups, but at my lvl 86 already got a 6l barrage in a rare regalia linked with ele dmg, dmg on full life, ele focus, added lightning and lighting penetration. Instead of a rare wand I'm using a Piscator's which gives amazing dps boost (wouldn't be so If I hadn't bought a nice abyss jewel and some really cool amulet) + immunity to phys ref. Having started to map, I faced problem of superlow dmg, but unique gloves and helmet mentioned changed everything, actually I'd consider them kinda mandatory if you're on budget.

And to conclude, I'd like to brag some :)

Still need to get the ele weakness corruption on the gloves, do uberlab and get a decent 6l with high (hoping 400es+) roll

Yeah if you're curious about disciplines, I just wanna increase my chances at getting a lvl 21 :)
Last edited by Slandsj1o on Jun 6, 2018, 7:30:06 PM
Looking good :) got gloves myself but haven't got all the trials yet, come to think of it this should be a good lab farmer especially with the new shield reducing recharge time, you won't die in spike traps plus we get regeneration on kill in burning sections.

Next time you upgrade your boots look for movement speed on them! It's a real game changer. Good job on getting this high ES with only 200 on shield and 270 chest :)
My build guides:

Taking a break from PoE, catch me up in Warframe: https://www.warframe.com/signup?referrerId=5b625847f2f2eb0ea0750322
at level 74 now, got a pretty nice gear (uniques are almost perfect, rares are very good) for less than 1ex on total. The Barrage ST is kinda bad (5l), without the jewels atleast (will craft some when i get to 78+ maps) 5.6 ES without jewels and discipline lv11. It's really nice to play, tho you will find better and cheaper build out there, I hate playing what everyone is. Not sure if the damage will be decent even with some crazy investment.

My gear:

Edit: RIP my exalts/fuses on that chest. I will probably roll other character, if you interested in any of my gear, hmu. Most are 10~15c

Also, having this gear AND those leech nodes under vp is a waste of skill points, respec'em and get the %dmg per power charge near the witch start, will boost your dps. It's also near a jewel slot and the flask node for when you find a dying sun
Last edited by leolarizza on Jun 7, 2018, 1:47:43 AM
Thanks for feedback and sorry about your lack of success with 6 linking the chest.

The suggestion you made about Incandescent Heart and simply taking mana leech node is a great idea, I didn't think of it since personally I prefer Beast Fur or just high ES Regalia, even though Incandescent Heart is more popular. I'll add it to the guide. I did list the option of taking that Power charge node and nodes around it (like Alchemist) when I rewrote the leveling section yesterday. I'll add a note in the Passive tree section so it's more visible there.

Damage is there if you would look to spend currency on it. Of course it's not going to be a dps beast like Molten Strike or Blade Flurry for single target, but you can get a rough feeling by watching videos I recorded in Bestiary - some on 5L, some with 6L and +1 Barrage, but all without Dying Sun which I couldn't afford and no Watcher's Eye.
Gem levels make a lot of difference, for example, leveling only your Added Lightning and Wrath to lvl 20 would mean 27% more dps. Thankfully once you get to maps leveling gems is easy since the build has decent clearspeed asd you should have gems lvl 20/20 in no time :)

"
got a pretty nice gear (uniques are almost perfect, rares are very good) for less than 1ex on total.
I think that's the beauty of it. You can get super cheap gear since ES isn't meta, which leaves you with more currency to spend on high end jewels and other stuff you want. But yes I agree, there are cheaper builds, and there are also cheaper builds for bosskilling.

Anyway, thanks again for feedback and I hope next build you try suits you more :>
My build guides:

Hey Bristoling,

still enjoying this build - the clearspeed for Burial Chambers is really ok, I don´t feel much slower than my Windripper Ranger in Flashback..Bosses just s***ed so I decided to take Point Blank before the crit nodes near witch. As I dont have any good jewels right now I´ll take the jewel nodes last (even though it´ll increase my dps so much).

Had a heartattack yesterday in my first Burial Chambers finding the following:

You think its worth running it and to sh** on flat ele / increased ele damage ? I´m really considering it due to the amazing rolls and for the long run during this league. On the other hand it could finance better gear (other rings / amu and a 5 / 6L Fur).

Glad to hear from you and again thank you for this build !

Best
How necessary is disciple for maps, seems like herald of ice or a curse with profane bloom might be better?
@Nightsage:
Personally I would sell it since I was never a fan of farming one specific map like Burials, and prefer to run higher tiers even if it's less optimal. But that's just me, can't make that decision for you :D
Just get a few Abyss jewels when you are able to, some jewels can be bought relatively cheap if you aren't looking for high (35+) ES on them or crit multi which pushes the price up the most. If you mainly farm Burials and not much t12+ then you won't need that much flat ele damage on rings anyway, just upgrade rest of your gear like you said. Gratz on high value tem drop :)

@Nasud:
Depends entirely on what tier of maps are you running and if you want to skip harder bosses. For example I would always have Discipline on on maps tier 12+. Most ranger wanders on the ladder run with 4.5-5k life, with some of them dropping even below 4k. They probably play with supports though which keeps them alive, and they probably run maps tier 10 and below. In that case 5k ES should be more then enough, and there is always an option for you to play with a support yourself.
My build guides:

Why take CI? No point after they removed the more ES modifier

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info