[3.3] CI Wandcultist - League starter - Fast mapper - Guardians on a 5L - Shaper down

"
HighCounselor wrote:
Why take CI? No point after they removed the more ES modifier

He literally talks about it on the first page. Like, in the first spoiler box. Occultist is a class built around ES, chaos damage, and curses. Why would you think life-based is a good choice for it?
Last edited by Catemonster on Jun 7, 2018, 4:01:22 PM
I didnt say life based, I said why take the chaos innoculation node? You can go low life with shavs or easily get chaos res and 2k+ life without changing the tree
Again, he talks about it in the spoiler box. Your question was already answered.

"
I've therefore decided to go with a Wander, utilizing Profane Bloom explosions, going CI for Damage on Full Life goodness and much easier time getting high amounts of eHP, compared to life based wanders.

While slightly lacking in terms of movement speed (Pathfinder/Raider/Deadeye builds have 15% more movement speed), the ease of gearing, high eHP values (easy 7-8.5k+ ES if you take more ES nodes and rare Regalia) and Profane Bloom explosions allow Occultist to be competitive. Damagewise, I think Occultist is capable of higher dps then Pathfinder, Raider and Deadeye, due to using Damage on Full Life gem instead of Slower Projectiles, and ability to take more damage nodes (since we don't need that many ES nodes on the tree). Also, since ES is far from being meta, ES based gear is very cheap in the League, and if you are playing Standard, there is some really overpowered gear you can buy.
Last edited by Catemonster on Jun 7, 2018, 4:42:11 PM
So basically only for the dmg on full life gem? I dont think its worth it...
1. Price. Shavs is a lot more expensive and rare then Beast or Heart.

2. DoFL is around 12-14% more total dps then next best gem.

3. IH is around 12% more dps on top of it, while Beast is roughly 6%. So its around 25-28% more for IH and around 19-21% more for Beast.

4. IH has less elemental damage taken and like it was pointed out to me saves you 2 points on the leech nodes. Beast has almost 150 more ES and massively increases your maximum leech rate. A good rare will easily have 200-250 more ES.

5. Especially in Incursion, chaos damage constructs are far more deadly without CI, there was even a big thread on Redditch about it.

6. You do get the benefit of being able to run another aura or 2 heralds, but the dps increase isn't going to outperform going CI. Herald of Ice could improve the clearspeed but in the end I don't think it's worth it.

You can try to make the build work as LL, if you feel that is right for you and have extra currency to spend on it. Personally I'd prefer getting 1-2 sick Abyss jewels rather then experiment :)
My build guides:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2180198

Taking a break from PoE, catch me up in Warframe: https://www.warframe.com/signup?referrerId=5b625847f2f2eb0ea0750322
Use above link for free booster when you sign up! :)
Thanks for replying, also do you mind looking at my character, im not sure why sure why i have so little ES? And how much accuracy do we need?

Been goofing around with the corruption altar in the Temple and made both of these. I'm using the frenzy charge ones atm; which do you think would be better? I'll probably model it in PoB but I do like having the curse for Profane Bloom.
I'd use the curse ones myself, since Profane Bloom helps greatly especially in higher tiers and free Frenzy is also great. Gem levels are nice but I dont think I'll that much dps as Frenzy charge.

@Nasud
I had a quick look and I think it's because your chest has under 200 ES, I'll check it more in depth once I get home :)
My build guides:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2180198

Taking a break from PoE, catch me up in Warframe: https://www.warframe.com/signup?referrerId=5b625847f2f2eb0ea0750322
Use above link for free booster when you sign up! :)
Hey, have you checked out those unqiue boots that give you 40% increased projectile dameg
Are you still playing this build? You haven't updated the PoB progress in a few days.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info