[3.3] CI Wandcultist - League starter - Fast mapper - Guardians on a 5L - Shaper down

"
necromangerz wrote:
Hey, yeah i do have sexy herald effects so kinda want to use them :P

Btw with low life, we take pain attunement. So gives us +30% more spell damage. But if i use crown of eyes with that, i'll get those MORE spell damage into attack damages right? i still loose 10% from the full life, but still works right?
Sadly it doesn't work since its more and not increased :/
My build guides:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2180198

Taking a break from PoE, catch me up in Warframe: https://www.warframe.com/signup?referrerId=5b625847f2f2eb0ea0750322
Use above link for free booster when you sign up! :)
"
necromangerz wrote:
Hey, yeah i do have sexy herald effects so kinda want to use them :P

I can't live without my herald effect so I followed Bristoling's advice from a few pages back and took three passive nodes near the Ranger section that reduce mana usage and threw in a herald of ice. My unreserved mana is around 104 but it's still plenty. The automaton herald flashes red and the explosions look like bright blue blobs of paint so those combined with celestial kinetic blast are a riot! :D
*Never forgetting how good this game looked at 32:9 instead of 1/3 of my screen being black bars.*
I can't live without my herald effect so I followed Bristoling's advice from a few pages back and took three passive nodes near the Ranger section that reduce mana usage and threw in a herald of ice. My unreserved mana is around 104 but it's still plenty. The automaton herald flashes red and the explosions look like bright blue blobs of paint so those combined with celestial kinetic blast are a riot! :D[/quote]

SAme here, using HoT and HoI with innoncence effect, to sexy xD
Hey, trying out your build on IHC and I'm having a lot of fun with it. I have a few questions. First, what's the ideal boot enchant? I'm sure this has been asked but I don't know where. Also, how are you calculating your KB/barrage DPS? My numbers are nowhere near yours. My tooltip on KB is 19.7k. I am using it in a 6-link setup because I feel it is much better for mapping but I would swap in barrage for big bosses. Could you take a look at my profile and see what I need to improve if you have time? My gear isn't great but mapping has been quite smooth up to tier 11 at the moment.
*double post.
Last edited by generalchaos on Jun 14, 2018, 1:15:51 PM
Hey Bristoling, ran into you a few days ago with the breach xp (Didn't realise it was you at first lol)
Cannot really play much at the moment so I don't have a lot of time playing around with my build on POB.
My issue is mainly survivability at the moment. I know I need a better shield but I'm wondering if you or someone on the post could possibly check my gear/tree and see what is best for me to change. I luckily got an ex drop the other day so have some currency to spend if needed~
So I'm starting to see Blood Rage as both a blessing and a curse. If there are enemies around to kill, it's great, because the recharge from Vile Bastion protects us. But where there aren't, for instance on a boss with no adds (or in between add phases), Blood Rage adds a lot of risk. Getting Ignited by Omnitect while Blood Rage is active is a lot of degen to deal with.

Now, if my Barrage were 6Led, or I had Dying Sun, or a helm enchant, then perhaps it wouldn't be as bad, but it gets pretty dicey.

I've learned to either not cast Blood Rage during a boss fight, or in dire circumstances, simply weapon swap to turn off Blood Rage (rather than portaling out). I keep Blood Rage on my weapon so that I can do that.

Is there a better way to counteract the degen effect of Blood Rage on our Energy Shield? Or will everything be solved when my Barrage dps is better?

Thanks.

https://pastebin.com/J7sr0xHD
@General
Fair play to you for taking the build into HC enviorment. Now keep in mind I know nothing about HC economy and since I'm using my phone, I can't check prices or your jewels.
With that said, I think you'd be better off getting curse corrupted gloves (Enfeeble might be a better choice for HC, probably cheaper then Ele Weakness) and replacing Impresence with an amulet with high %ES and other stats. Crit multi for example can roll high on an ammy and boosts our dps by a lot.
For enchants, flat lightning, attack speed, penetration, or movement speed are great picks. Other elemental damage is ok but not as good as lightning.
Best way to calculate dps is to use path of building, can't really check my tooltips right now but I think I've reached around 40k KB tootltip in hideout, but keep in mind in SC it's easier to gear and I'm really good at finding upgrades on Poe.trade :D

@Ellraiser
I remember :) well Luke you said, you need to get a new shield first. Left ring is fine and so is your amulet. I would probably change wand craft to crit chance instead of multi, but you might as well look for a different one since the one you got has low base attack speed. In the future you can also look for a Stygian belt along with a jewel for it. Probably a new chest piece afterwards.
I sold recently a 6l Regalia with 470es (without resists though) for 75c so you can look for a 6 link in that price range.

@Nomnaut
Can't check the pastebin now but I'll have a look later. I also have Blood Rage in my weapon and use weapon swap to turn it off, don't have much trouble with it this way :)
Edit: I'd look mainly for some new Abyss jewel, the one you got in your belt is great, others, not so much. You got % scaling from Crown, Piscator's, and good % increases on belt and one of your rings - but you don't have a lot of flat damage to scale it, and that can be fixed mainly with better jewels.
My build guides:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2180198

Taking a break from PoE, catch me up in Warframe: https://www.warframe.com/signup?referrerId=5b625847f2f2eb0ea0750322
Use above link for free booster when you sign up! :)
Last edited by Bristoling on Jun 15, 2018, 3:36:05 AM
I am not sure how this char will handle late game. On Std probably yes if u dont care u sometimes die, but on HC I think it will not.

Still if u get 8k ES, you have with these items def close to zero, so your dmg reduction is zero or close to zero, with flask maybe about 20%. Stack of Valls with range attack can do one time job with u without any chance of surviving. So your game play must be extremely safe with 100% concentration or u are gone.

I just died now in act 5. Guys with proximity shield (and all rares with prox) are badass for u. But what is extremely good is your DPS. I had on lvl 41 DPS about 3,8k. The way I killed malachai was fastest in my history of playing PoE and I was 2 levels under. In tree I started to add life nods but it was still not enough, 900 HP + 300 ES with low DMG reduction isn't lot.

My Gear:
Goldrim
Wanderlust
onder clasp
prismweave
2x storm prison
karui ward

Maybe as somebody wrote in this topic, It's better to start with another build and then on 60-70 lvl refund all passives and switch to this. Or buy very good rares with HP and ES on each level to be maxxed and more safe. Fight with deodre on act 8 must be a think, cause u cant be shotted one :) Decoy totem can help a lot, but it's still riscy.

Thats my review, I will think if i give it one more chance cause i am only HC player. And I actually fell in love with power siphon, I never use this skill and its nice :) So maybe i try to find out build with PS.
Would it be better to sacrifice some es/life nodes for charisma and eldritch battey to run HoI? Feel like instant freeze would be better than 400 es (im at 6.17k rn). Also is Vaal regalia better than incadescent heart? esp if I use eldritch battery

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info