3.8 New Queens Escape + Baron - super fast physical skeletons + zombies

Hi, I am new, and trying to follow this guide for my first character. I am level 16 right now, and just finished the shipyard map, so really new.

Some of your guide is confusing to me, but I suspect the more I play the more it will makes sense.

One thing I don't know is that while leveling and finding lots of equipment, what kind of stats do I want to look for? Do I want to be weapon +shield? What should I be prioritizing?

also, do the damage stats on my weapon matter? I don't think I use it much, as I mostly just psam SRS?

Also, while I am still focused on SRS per your guide, I did get the skeletons and cast them often before a fight so they are already out. But I don't know where to get the Vaal Skeletons. Will this be a big deal with just the normal ones?

I have been playing around with frost wall and wither also just to help the minions, is there any problem with this? The walls are often nice as I can block off a pack and then summon a bunch of skeletons and spirits.

thanks for the guide
Last edited by kennfusion on Jun 11, 2018, 10:54:10 AM
So got this char to 83 with a 4 link and zero gear investment. Died to vaal incursion temple 12 levels below me.

Worked pretty well, but a few issues I saw. Skeleton summoning in incursion temple didn't do so hot. Slow ramp up, to the point it got scary because you had to constantly face first your way in to packs to summon more. I felt i was on the brink of dying quite often (until it happened). I just feel like there needs to be some more defenses worked in for 100% true HC.

Overall, decent starting char.
"
kennfusion wrote:

One thing I don't know is that while leveling and finding lots of equipment, what kind of stats do I want to look for? Do I want to be weapon +shield? What should I be prioritizing?

I think it's safe to say that until you get and can wear specific uniques for this build, use whatever items you can find with life\str\dex (dex for leveling desecrate and phase run later).
If you only starting the game and in league, just pick items with desired colors for gems or enough links in them.
In perfect world you could use Tabula Rasa for 6-link armor (makes things easier but expensive for starters), Goldrim helmet, 2 x Lifesprig, Wanderlust boots and Sidhebreath amulet.
Those are totally optional but are commonly used for leveling.
Once you hit lvl 35 you can pick up 5-link armor for 1 chaos or so on market ( http://poe.trade/search/himimanohobara (poe.trade may have issues atm, also use https://pathofexile.com/trade/search with filters ) and then turn it into rare with alchemy or some essence.

"
kennfusion wrote:

Also, while I am still focused on SRS per your guide, I did get the skeletons and cast them often before a fight so they are already out. But I don't know where to get the Vaal Skeletons. Will this be a big deal with just the normal ones?

You don't have to level with SRS once you get to Skeletons. I started this league purely with zombies and skeletons and leveled just fine.

You can get Vaal Summon Skeletons as random drop in Vaal side areas or just buy it from players http://poe.trade/search/amotesonisimit
That is a cheap method and downside of it- you cannot modify quality of already vaaled skill. So for now pick one with some quality in it from the same price range.

Later in the game you can level couple regular Summon Skeletons gems to lvl 20, then make them 20%, level to 20 lvl again and turn into high quality Vaal Summon Skeletons with Vaal orb.

Last edited by kassigainen on Jun 11, 2018, 1:05:29 PM
"
kallell wrote:
Worked pretty well, but a few issues I saw. Skeleton summoning in incursion temple didn't do so hot. Slow ramp up, to the point it got scary because you had to constantly face first your way in to packs to summon more.

Don't know why you had troubles in temple (maybe it's gear tbh - no Queen's Escape or Mon'tregul's, no 5 links, weak jewels). Usually 60 seconds of skeletons with Queen's Escape is more than enough for initial buildup. Also we summon minimum 3 skeletons per skill cast (5 with "From Dust" jewel <3) so technically you don't need to push into packs too much - just summon 3-5 skeletons into the pack and that's it (or Phase run past pack and let the trailing horde do the job).
Last edited by kassigainen on Jun 11, 2018, 1:28:56 PM
"
kassigainen wrote:
... Also we summon minimum 3 skeletons per skill cast (5 with "From Dust" jewel <3) ....

I'm new and still leveling, but what part of the build summons 3 skeletons at a time? As of now, for me, it's one button push, one skelly. I'm sure I'm missing something obvious...

Thanks.
"
CoachEvan wrote:

I'm new and still leveling, but what part of the build summons 3 skeletons at a time? As of now, for me, it's one button push, one skelly. I'm sure I'm missing something obvious...

Bone Sculptor ascendancy skill adds 2 Skeletons to summon skill. You can also use "From Dust" jewel before\after that for 2 more (with small tradeoff for 1 sec cast delay)
Last edited by kassigainen on Jun 11, 2018, 4:06:23 PM
Update - Manage to defeat Uber lab and Atziri.. having a blast so far..
"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like his passengers."
I commented early on how well this build was going for me. Now at 90 and doing great. I am playing super aggressively just running into packs so I do die on occasion. If I went slower and was more defensive I am sure death would be rare and I have not really invested much into life. I've run uber lab looking for an enchantment and I feel bad for poor old Izaro, he doesn't have a chance. Its taking me longer to acquire red tier maps then to annihilate them.

One thing that helped or maybe I am just imaging it but I put two ghastly jewels into an Darkness Enthroned one with blind and one with taunt. I assume the 50% increase from the belt goes to blind and taunt too. Also an additional jewel on the tree with hinder. I am sure my jewels could be much better optimized but I have not felt the need to do anything yet.

Thanks again for the build :)
"
sighlight wrote:
hey Grimlock, which is more valuable? a 6 Link queen's escape or a 6 link belly of the beast? The Queen's escape has near perfect stats. the belly is 15 percent resist and 40% increased life.

which is more valuable in terms of currency but also stats? the queen's escape has near 200% increased duration and max minion speed. Please help me choose. I am nearly going to do it! My FIRST 6 link!!!

I'd say queen's as well. Skeletons seem to do most of the DPS. I managed to get 2x queen's escapes with 15% life 15% damage on them, so I can try to fuse one on the side w/o ruining my 5 link. Used about 600 fuses so far, no 6 link. All of my currency is going into it.
"
Can I use an elder helmet with "Socketed gems are supported by Minion Damage" and "Socketed gems are supported by Minion Life" mods instead of The Baron? I have a 5-link Queen now but far from a 6-link. Please help!

You could use this helm. If you keep your animate guardian / raise spectres in there it will allow you to add an empower or a minion and totem elemental resistances to keep them alive longer.
Alternately, you can keep raise spectre in there and raise something else like kitavas heralds.
If you use the helm, your minions will lose a bit of life and damage from your strength, and you'll lose a couple of zombies.

You could throw your zombies in the helm, put your spectres somewhere else, and free up the chest for another skill, or put kaoms heart in the chest for more life.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info